The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Album from Rose (yes you read that right)

+10
Machine Fish
godsrocker1970
6stringgrind
bjorn agin
Living Sacrifice
alldatndensum
Pershing1134
TheOldMan2084
strangerhoncho
deathisgain
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New Album from Rose (yes you read that right) Empty New Album from Rose (yes you read that right)

Post by deathisgain Wed May 25, 2016 8:44 pm

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

New Album from Rose (yes you read that right) Empty Re: New Album from Rose (yes you read that right)

Post by strangerhoncho Thu May 26, 2016 1:50 am

Finally! I dug that Witchfinder track or whatever it was called they posted last year and was hoping they'd keep going with an album.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New Album from Rose (yes you read that right) Empty Re: New Album from Rose (yes you read that right)

Post by TheOldMan2084 Thu May 26, 2016 8:13 am

Yay! That's awesome. I'm glad he's doing another one! As long as it doesn't sound like Crazy Little World I'll be on board.
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Thu May 26, 2016 1:20 pm

Interest level....10/10....bring it!!!
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu May 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Can't wait!!!!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Living Sacrifice Fri May 27, 2016 11:36 am

The Into The Unknown album is such a masterpiece. Can't wait for the new album.
Living Sacrifice
Living Sacrifice
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri May 27, 2016 3:45 pm

You know I never got into Rose for some reason. That being said, I don't dislike the band and I'm glad to see Randy is making new music. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he and his brother would crank out a new MATW project. I loooovved Mad at the World (the stuff from Seasons of Love - Through the Forest anyway)
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat May 28, 2016 1:10 am

Yeah, I loved Rose but loved MATW even more (those same albums as you -- the heavy ones!).

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat May 28, 2016 9:24 am

bjorn agin wrote:You know I never got into Rose for some reason. That being said, I don't dislike the band and I'm glad to see Randy is making new music. Heck, I wouldn't mind if he and his brother would crank out a new MATW project. I loooovved Mad at the World (the stuff from Seasons of Love - Through the Forest anyway)

I couldn't agree more, bjorn!  Maybe there will be enough response to the Rose album to get the brothers working on something new again.

Ok, you love the rock era.  Why not "Ferris Wheel"?  Sure, its got some poppier moments, but it has some great rock tunes on it to like:  Not The Same, No Secrets, When Life Has A Plan, Going Nowhere, The Love, and All My Life.  They are more alternative sounding than the previous albums, but they still rock.  I gladly embrace this one as well.

Now, "Dreamland Cafe" I still try to forget.  All the rock guitars were gone.  Even PFR was rocking harder than them at this time.  Both this and Rose's "Crazy Little World" just were not what we fans were looking for.  Had they been preannounced as either Rose or MATW's acoustic album, I think we would have grown to like them.  Guardian got by with that on "Swing Swang Swung".
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Yeah, this could be cool. I dig the desert rock sound. 

Still remember that dark day that I brought Crazy Little World home from the bookstore....one day before the new issue of Heaven's Metal arrived in my mailbox (which had a review/warning of this album).

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sun May 29, 2016 11:11 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Ok, you love the rock era.  Why not "Ferris Wheel"?  Sure, its got some poppier moments, but it has some great rock tunes on it to like:  Not The Same, No Secrets, When Life Has A Plan, Going Nowhere, The Love, and All My Life.  They are more alternative sounding than the previous albums, but they still rock.  I gladly embrace this one as well.

Now, "Dreamland Cafe" I still try to forget.  All the rock guitars were gone.  Even PFR was rocking harder than them at this time.  Both this and Rose's "Crazy Little World" just were not what we fans were looking for.  Had they been preannounced as either Rose or MATW's acoustic album, I think we would have grown to like them.  Guardian got by with that on "Swing Swang Swung".

When Ferris Wheel came out the band picked up the label "Mat at the Spin Doctors". Sure there are some decent tunes, but overall the album was a letdown. In fact I never did pick up Dreamland Cafe because at the time I heard that is more of the same lameness that was on the previous album.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon May 30, 2016 7:44 am

I will give you that with "Dreamland Cafe".  There were no rockers on that album.  "Ferris Wheel" does still have moments that shine.

Of course, I liked a lot of the 90s alternative bands, so "Ferris Wheel" was a great mix of MATW's rock era and that alternative scene.  Had they not tried it, I am betting that the label would have dropped them.  That's why Holy Soldier, Guardian, Whitecross, MATW, Rose, etc. all tried going with the more grunge or alternative sound.  They just wanted to keep making music, and the music industry was pulling the plug on hair metal.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:14 pm

I hope it is like Sacrificium my most fav album. Could never listen to matw makes me shudder. Never listened to randy rose until I wad informed it was nothing like matw. I think crazy little world could have been another matw album.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:02 pm

godsrocker1970 wrote:I hope it is like Sacrificium my most fav album. Could never listen to matw makes me shudder. Never listened to randy rose until I wad informed it was nothing like matw. I think crazy little world could have been another matw album.

For several albums, there were a lot of similarities between Rose and MATW.  Randy even handled some vocals on several songs.  You should try:

Seasons Of Love
Boomerang
Through The Forest

Especially on "Through The Forest", you will hear a couple of songs that would have fit nicely on a Rose album.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by godsrocker1970 Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Yes there are some similarities. Hard to catch these gems when a band alters their style. Some good songs. Still some of that poopy new wave sound is there not as strong.

godsrocker1970
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 pm

deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Randy posted this on Facebook:
The ROSE KICKSTARTER campaign goes live at 10:00 AM tomorrow July-11th-2016

New Album from Rose (yes you read that right) 13590456_1270641306299025_8541358583536252107_n
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Machine Fish Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Awesome I love Rose!
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:06 pm

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:20 pm

He's got some really nice low price levels on the Kickstarter. ($10 for the download, $15 for the CD + download). Nice to see.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Supported. Couldn't really see how this could go wrong. He does what he does very well. Really enjoy the first two albums and the third is pretty decent.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:13 pm

I thought the lower tiers were excellently priced.  So, I jumped into this to help.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Almost half way there, hope this can see the light of day.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:11 pm

The sample at the end of the video sounds pretty cool! The guitar sound reminded on Wino.
But I need to hear the album before I can judge if the new stuff is interesting enough for me to consider a purchase.
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:34 am

Well he did this new song last year that I assume is what he's going for.  I love it.  It's similar to what he did in the past but not as derivative of Danzig.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next