The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerrick's Gettin' Hitched :D

+15
Staybrite
deathisgain
Andreas89
messiaen77
Kerrick
New Creation
metaldude
Machine Fish
Grindboy
bjorn agin
exo
sentient 6
Peter who was Vaak
eatbugs
Deepfriar
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Kerrick's Gettin' Hitched  :D - Page 2 Empty Re: Kerrick's Gettin' Hitched :D

Post by Machine Fish Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:33 pm

Congrats! Been married 6 years myself.
Machine Fish
Machine Fish
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://linktr.ee/nathanKmcwilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:51 pm

Kerrick wrote:I leave April 11th and won't return til July!
Glad to hear!

Ill miss ya bro Sad
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:13 pm

Kerrick wrote:Well we got our NOA1 (notice of action 1 - i.e. the receipt that the government received our application and will be processing it soonish).  So that is good news!  That came in a couple weeks ago.

The other exciting news is that while Veronika is working on her PhD in Barcelona... I will be coming out to visit her FOR THREE MONTHS!!!  My boss is super supportive (!!!) and I'll be working remotely part-time!  Awesome!  We found a place for me to stay that is literally a ten minute walk from where Veronika is staying so it's super convenient.  Plus it's on the fourth story with no elevator so I'll get a good workout every day haha!  I leave April 11th and won't return til July!

Do they have internets over there?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:16 pm

Machine Fish wrote:Congrats! Been married 6 years myself.

Thank you!  And congrats on six years!

Hardcore Christian wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I leave April 11th and won't return til July!
Glad to hear!

Ill miss ya bro Sad

deathisgain wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Well we got our NOA1 (notice of action 1 - i.e. the receipt that the government received our application and will be processing it soonish).  So that is good news!  That came in a couple weeks ago.

The other exciting news is that while Veronika is working on her PhD in Barcelona... I will be coming out to visit her FOR THREE MONTHS!!!  My boss is super supportive (!!!) and I'll be working remotely part-time!  Awesome!  We found a place for me to stay that is literally a ten minute walk from where Veronika is staying so it's super convenient.  Plus it's on the fourth story with no elevator so I'll get a good workout every day haha!  I leave April 11th and won't return til July!

Do they have internets over there?

Haha yes I do believe Al Gore gave Spain internet sometime last year so don't worry Hardcore, I'll still be on CMR!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Kerrick wrote:Haha yes I do believe Al Gore gave Spain internet sometime last year so don't worry Hardcore, I'll still be on CMR!  Very Happy
 Razz

Great!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:42 pm

Ravenwolf wrote:I was gone when you announced this - so I am late for the party!!! But nonetheless I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Will also be praying for you - to have a smooth transition with governmental entities.
Speaking of party...who's hosting the CMR bachelor party???
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Wahoo!  Someone email me a beer!  drunken

On a related note...  We don't know where to go for a honeymoon!  Any input from y'all?  Due to Veronika's visa status and all, we won't be able to leave the US and its territories (such as the Virgin Islands, etc.).  Well, we could... she just wouldn't be allowed back in until her residency paperwork gets processed.  But we'd like to avoid that...  So any ideas?  She's thinking some cozy cabin in the mountains with epic views and nice hiking and whatnot.  I was thinking maybe somewhere up the California Lost Coast.  Alaska could be epic too.  I like Montana a lot too... but somehow that doesn't seem as "romantic"?  I dunno.  Throw me some ideas!  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:45 pm

My first thought was Montana. Have a friend that used to live there, sent me some unbelievable pictures.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:54 pm

So Kerrick. Of the finer details of your wedding day. Here's something to consider.

Mosh pit at the wedding reception: yes or no?

Rockin Loud
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:49 pm

My thoughts:

1) Destination for honeymoon is way overrated.  My wife and I went to Iowa, and never once did either of us say “Oh, if only this was Paris!”  Save the extravagant trip for an anniversary or something.  Who cares where you are?  Especially after the stress and excitement of the wedding (it’s fun, but the whole deal’s pretty exhausting), the last thing either of you will want to do is travel for 6 hours.  Find somewhere quiet and low-key and relatively nearby.  Maximize relaxation and together time.  Minimize stress and travel time. 

2) If you choose to disregard the above, Alaska and Montana could both be excellent.  I’d throw in a plug for Vermont, though.  All of northern New England (NH, ME, VT) is a wonderful region, and all things considered I’m partial to NH, but we get a little overrun by tourists in the best spots during the summer, and the same for the best of Maine.  Vermont though – don’t nobody live in or go to Vermont.  It’s quite lovely, it’s low-key and relaxed, it’s filled with romantic B&B type places, and there are wonderful mountains and hiking (well yes, I’d be happy to point you to the best spots, thanks for asking!).  If you’re good with traveling like 2,000 miles or whatever, it’s really a pretty ideal area for a quiet romantic getaway.

Congrats again, I’m sure you’ll both have a great and unforgettable time wherever you end up!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:59 pm

You should try Texas. Beer and guns are a way of life. Thumbs up
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:54 pm

bjorn agin wrote:So Kerrick. Of the finer details of your wedding day. Here's something to consider.

Rockin Loud

Have you ever seen them throw the bouquet?
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:46 am

Congratulations Smile wish you both to be happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:46 am

Grindboy wrote:My thoughts:

1) Destination for honeymoon is way overrated.  My wife and I went to Iowa, and never once did either of us say “Oh, if only this was Paris!”  Save the extravagant trip for an anniversary or something.  Who cares where you are?  Especially after the stress and excitement of the wedding (it’s fun, but the whole deal’s pretty exhausting), the last thing either of you will want to do is travel for 6 hours.  Find somewhere quiet and low-key and relatively nearby.  Maximize relaxation and together time.  Minimize stress and travel time. 

2) If you choose to disregard the above, Alaska and Montana could both be excellent.  I’d throw in a plug for Vermont, though.  All of northern New England (NH, ME, VT) is a wonderful region, and all things considered I’m partial to NH, but we get a little overrun by tourists in the best spots during the summer, and the same for the best of Maine.  Vermont though – don’t nobody live in or go to Vermont.  It’s quite lovely, it’s low-key and relaxed, it’s filled with romantic B&B type places, and there are wonderful mountains and hiking (well yes, I’d be happy to point you to the best spots, thanks for asking!).  If you’re good with traveling like 2,000 miles or whatever, it’s really a pretty ideal area for a quiet romantic getaway.

Congrats again, I’m sure you’ll both have a great and unforgettable time wherever you end up!

Thanks Grindboy!  We're definitely leaning towards something more local - but still not where we'll run into anyone we know hahaha.  I'm thinking hotel-it the first night, then cruise up the coast to somewhere more remote and away from people.

metaldude wrote:You should try Texas. Beer and guns are a way of life. Thumbs up

If it weren't so dang hot there, I probably would!  Even Santa Cruz is too warm for my liking...

deathisgain wrote:
bjorn agin wrote:So Kerrick. Of the finer details of your wedding day. Here's something to consider.

Rockin Loud

Have you ever seen them throw the bouquet?

lol!  Moshpit, bouquet toss - tomayto tomahto!

Pastèque wrote:Congratulations Smile wish you both to be happy

Thank you!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 am

And look what I woke up to seeing today!  Wahoo!  This means we are one step closer to being allowed* to marry!

Kerrick's Gettin' Hitched  :D - Page 2 13347006_10154078536526708_7961237268090360119_n

*Since Veronika isn't a US citizen, we are having to go through the "fiancee visa" process.  Next step is an in-person interview at the US embassy in Slovakia but the application is the part where most people get rejected or have trouble.  Everything *should* be pretty smooth-sailing from here... though it is the US government we're talking about...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:49 am

I love the fancy font on the "my case was approved". It adds the perfect touch of irony for government paperwork.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:48 am

Kerrick wrote:And look what I woke up to seeing today!  Wahoo!  This means we are one step closer to being allowed* to marry!

Kerrick's Gettin' Hitched  :D - Page 2 13347006_10154078536526708_7961237268090360119_n

*Since Veronika isn't a US citizen, we are having to go through the "fiancee visa" process.  Next step is an in-person interview at the US embassy in Slovakia but the application is the part where most people get rejected or have trouble.  Everything *should* be pretty smooth-sailing from here... though it is the US government we're talking about...
Smile
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:52 am

Great Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:23 pm

Great news, hope the rest of it goes well.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:29 pm

Nice
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 am

Thanks all!

bjorn agin wrote:I love the fancy font on the "my case was approved". It adds the perfect touch of irony for government paperwork.

Hahaha so true...

Well we'd certainly appreciate your prayers still.  Yesterday was a pretty discouraging day due to the information we got.  We were really hoping that we'd be able to do the in-person interview (the final task for this visa) while I was in Europe and then fly back to CA together.  (It has to be done at the US Embassy in Slovakia.)  But to do that, Veronika needs to go to three separate doctors - the first of which is her local family doctor which is no problem since her mom is a doctor.  But the other two are specific ones that the good 'ol US government has chosen and she can't go to anyone else for these visits.  They're on the other side of Slovakia that she's from which is an added hassle to already having to dance around their schedule.  One of the doctors is going on vacation this summer so if we're not able to get to that doctor in time, we may have to wait for who knows how long until she's back from her vacation...  Sigh...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:01 am

3 separate doctors for physical/psychological/i don't know 3rd could be danger?

I understand but yes, administration sucks some times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:35 am

Pastèque wrote:3 separate doctors for physical/psychological/i don't know 3rd could be danger?

I understand but yes, administration sucks some times.

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous...  Here's the rundown:

1. Personal doctor
2. X-rays (so not really a "doctor" but still within the medical field...) - must be from this one specific US-approved X-ray place.
3. Final check-up by another specific US-approved doctor.

Both #2 and #3 are on the opposite side of the country as where her parents are which is annoying...

We also need to gather official police records from everywhere she's lived (for over a year) in the past ten years.  Specific requirements are unclear, but if these need to be notarized or anything, this could be another big setback.  Prayers are always appreciated...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:13 am

Will be praying. I know it was a hassle just getting my wife a Passport so she could go back to Brazil to visit.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Praying. There is countries with too much papers, and others with too less.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next