The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secular Metal Lyrics

+15
crucifyd
Zymologist
alldatndensum
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
CrimsonWarrior
Friday13th
sadvader
oldschooldoom
sentient 6
Follower of Jesus
Hardcore Christian
WildWorld
exo
ThomasEversole
19 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

What level of secular metal lyrics do you accept?

Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap11%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 4 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap3%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap37%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 37% 
[ 13 ]
Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_lcap14%Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 5 ]
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 35

Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 Empty Re: Secular Metal Lyrics

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:39 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Why would God not be pleased by wearing a shirt with His message on it? Did you feel anything when you first wore it? First bought it? Thought about buying it?

Sounds to me like your friend is manipulating you and will probably want you to throw away CDs or books next.
And no, he's not manipulating me. I asked God and He told me He didn't like it also. I'm not about to be persuaded that this was a bad idea. I can get God's message across without a shirt with skulls.  As for even when I bought it, even I felt partially uneasy. I just no longer care about death on clothing. 
As for music, no he won't. He likes theocracy. 

That all being said, I think your heavy-handed approach is ridiculous. You're right all the way, no excuse and a deviation from your beliefs is wrong.  The simple truth is of you're so married to music or clothing that you can't give it up for God, your priorities are misplaced. I'm not about to half-heartedly tell the One who died on the cross for me that I am only committed so far as I won't abandon my shirt. A life like that is asking for less of God and I will have none of it.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:37 pm

It makes sense if you asked God about this and decided to get rid of it. I thought you just asked your roommate.

Clothes and music doesn't interfere with my relationship with God. Sorry you disagree.
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:57 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:
Sounds to me like your friend is manipulating you and will probably want you to throw away CDs or books next.

probably so...thats what religion does..manipulates people Twisted Evil

You got that right buddy! I used to be religious, so I know this first hand! I used to be just like a lot of people I see here. Very religious. No offense against them - as I can relate, since I used to be there too.

I'm glad I'm not like that anymore though. There is such freedom in breaking away from religion - and just having the real Jesus in your life. The real Jesus is not a religious nut! He listens to my music with me!!! I can crank Slayer with him right with me! We both disagree with their lyrics! But I think Jesus likes their music too. He's cool that way! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by ThomasEversole Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:13 pm

RavenWolf wrote:I'm glad I'm not like that anymore though. There is such freedom in breaking away from religion - and just having the real Jesus in your life. The real Jesus is not a religious nut! He listens to my music with me!!! I can crank Slayer with him right with me! We both disagree with their lyrics! But I think Jesus likes their music too. He's cool that way! Very Happy

Secular Metal Lyrics - Page 3 Picard_clapping
ThomasEversole
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:18 pm

Savage Amusement wrote:

this comment says more to me about your view and religious beliefs than anything you have ever said

It should. I am a Protestant Evangelical. Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:25 pm

I guess we can put you down saying Jesus would pick the last choice on Thomas' list. Cool
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:29 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:Is that a good thing? Sounds way too complicated to me.

Not really. Ideally I would want the Christian music I listen too to reflect my Christian beliefs. But beggars can't be choosers these days.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:32 pm

sentient 6 wrote:I guess we can put you down saying Jesus would pick the last choice on Thomas' list. Cool

Well He hung out with the prostitutes and sinners! Drank wine. The Bible says he was 'labeled with the winebibbers and drunkards'. He had to be drinking at least pretty moderately to be labeled that way!

I know He was without sin ... but religion has dictated to us what 'is' and 'isn't' sin for centuries now! Ever since 350AD when the Catholic Church met with the governing rulers of the day to devise organized religion. What a bunch of pig slop that Jesus never endorsed!!! And here we are today still perpetuating that Catholic pig slop!!! Judging others. Condemning someone for listening to music that has lyrics that are not good enough for you personally. That is exactly what the early Catholic church wanted!!! That is what the Devil wanted!! Organized religion has no power! Only the real Jesus has power. And He is a lot more laid back than most realize.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:37 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:

Music is art and art usually deals with fantasy. People portray fiction and scenarios that would never happen because it's entertainment. The thing is though, "we" are so driven to point out boogeyman that "we" forget to pray for discernment.

Do you think Jesus wants you to be falsely lead to believe something is truth when it's not?
Then why are you doing it?

I can't believe I'm reading this. I'm not sure whether to snap on you or applaud how openly blunt you are.

For the record, I don't become a temporary atheist when I jam not-Christian metal or watch horror gore. I'm just not a gullible schizophrenic and think everything not Christian is out to get me and Jesus. This is seriously like 1 chromosome away from watching a horror movie and calling the police because someone just taped a manic killing 14 people.

Do you believe that scripture has any ramifications on this subject ? Just curious as to how far apart we are on what informs our Christian living and life style.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:40 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
sentient 6 wrote:I guess we can put you down saying Jesus would pick the last choice on Thomas' list. Cool

Well He hung out with the prostitutes and sinners! Drank wine. The Bible says he was 'labeled with the winebibbers and drunkards'. He had to be drinking at least pretty moderately to be labeled that way!

I know He was without sin ... but religion has dictated to us what 'is' and 'isn't' sin for centuries now! Ever since 350AD when the Catholic Church met with the governing rulers of the day to devise organized religion. What a bunch of pig slop that Jesus never endorsed!!! And here we are today still perpetuating that Catholic pig slop!!! Judging others. Condemning someone for listening to music that has lyrics that are not good enough for you personally. That is exactly what the early Catholic church wanted!!! That is what the Devil wanted!! Organized religion has no power! Only the real Jesus has power. And He is a lot more laid back than most realize.

Your opinion is on the record. Smile
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:It makes sense if you asked God about this and decided to get rid of it. I thought you just asked your roommate.

I think he said that he felt partially convicted before his roommate said anything. Maybe the Holy Spirit used his roommate to confirm what he was already feeling ?

Boy....the topic of hearing from God. That would be a quite a can-o-worms here as well.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:56 pm

" Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. "

...and I heard that some of the new bible paraphrases will include something to the effect of entertainment choices being exempt from Pauls admonishment stated here. Cool
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by CrimsonWarrior Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:28 pm

To me, music is more than simply entertainment. I like to connect with it on a deeper, more emotional level than other mediums. I never get invested in TV shows, movies, or anything like that. But I like to really let music resonate with me. It's best that I fill myself with positive lyrical themes rather than the lies of Satan, right?

Plus, even if a Satanic band isn't actually doing their Satanic rituals and they don't believe in Satan, there's still the anti-Christian intent going on there. They're still rejecting God, even if they aren't as evil as they claim to be. I don't want to purchase their music, as it will be funding their anti-God message that they're spreading with their music.

There's also the conviction. It's always there. I feel guilty when I listen to something that I know is against God - that's Him telling me that it's not okay. If you really, truly believe that it's okay, then go for it. I just have a hard time believing that Jesus is okay with listening to Slayer.
CrimsonWarrior
CrimsonWarrior
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:32 pm

sentient 6 wrote:" Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. "

Great verse! Thanks for posting it! One of my favorites. 'think about these things' .... tells me 'thinking' is pretty important! Not just going along with the masses of organized religion (not that you are by the way, I'm not condemning anyone here).

But again - great verses! Thanks for posting!

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter who was Vaak Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:36 pm

RavenWolf wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:

You got that right buddy! I used to be religious, so I know this first hand! I used to be just like a lot of people I see here. Very religious. No offense against them - as I can relate, since I used to be there too.

I'm glad I'm not like that anymore though. There is such freedom in breaking away from religion - and just having the real Jesus in your life. The real Jesus is not a religious nut! He listens to my music with me!!! I can crank Slayer with him right with me! We both disagree with their lyrics! But I think Jesus likes their music too. He's cool that way! Very Happy
You couldn't be further from the truth.  Where did I say I was "religious"?  Or indicate it?  I do not live by a daily set of rules, "do this," "do that", etc.  My philosophy is simply this: read the Bible, do what it says.  It is not about rules, if it was about rules, the Pharisee would have been the first ones in to heaven.  It's about the heart, a heart that hears the Lord and listens.  One that sees his sacrifice as meaningful and one who strives to turn their heart to the Lord and remembers, it's by works you are saved, but by grace.  God's works within us is not confined to the Bible and what it says, He wants to speak to us and to know us, He wants to change us and He wants us to embrace Him.

That being said, if your position is "It's not a religion, it's a relationship," but you ignore the fact you embrace music which curses Him, you can do without Him as a guide on how to live, I ask sincerely, honestly: how can you say you know Him?  It sounds more like you are in love with an idea you have of Him.
Peter who was Vaak
Peter who was Vaak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:40 pm

Let me say for the record that I still listen to secular music. There are many bands that I enjoy the music but I really can't tell what the lyrics are about. Or if I can, the songs don't rise to level of something that convicts me. If I cut out secular music all together, I probably wouldn't have much metal to listen to. Honestly it comes down to not having enough Christian bands to listen to in their place. Just from a artistic POV, there are 10 times more secular bands that like over Christian ones.

Also for the record, I am not afraid of songs about satan, horror killing, murder, sex, etc. I simply see it more as musical " junk food. " And then some, I would definitely see as a slap in the face of my God and King.

“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:56 am

Devon Hill wrote:f someone clearly knows you are a Christian, and that you only listen to Christian metal, and they ask you if you would like you to listen to their satanic metal CD, there could be two possibilities: 1. they are deliberately trying to test you to see if you will be "faithful" or 2. they are just asking.  #2 would be the majority of the time I would guess.  I've listened to lots of friends metal to see how it is.  I have no problem with that.  I think there is a major difference between listening to anti-Christian music for the sole purpose of entertainment (and having a healthy diet of it) compared to listening to a friends CD once to hear it based on their request. 

There is a third option you overlooked.  Perhaps this person is reaching out for hope whether they realize it or not.  I have a friend that I gave one of my CDs to as just a friendly gesture.  He definitely was not a Christian and really wanted nothing to do "with all that Jesus crap" as he said.  However, we talked music (mine and his).  I also gave him a compilation CD of some bands I liked.  He played mine but wouldn't play the compilation.....at first.  He eventually listened to it.

While this is not what convinced him to follow Jesus, it was a seed.  This opened him up to hear the message of salvation from someone else.  Not only is he a believer today, he is also playing in a Christian cover tune band.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 am

RavenWolf wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:

Just to clarify, are you saying that if somebody has a conviction (who they think is from God) to not listen to music that is anti-Christian, that they are being religious, and that the conviction they have is not actually from God?  Just as one example, do you believe it is religious to desire to not listen to the following song as an example?  Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?

"Dark Lord, I summon thee demanding the
Sacred right to burn in hell, ride up to hells hot wind.
Face one more evil than thou, take
My lustful soul,
Drink my blood as I drink yours, impale me on the horns of death
Cut off my head release all my evil Lucifer is king
Praise Satan

I know the one who waits satan is
His name, is across the bridge of
Death there he stands in flame
Death there he stands in flame.

He is my provider as I walk into the
Void for eternity I give to him my soul
I shall do his bidding obey him
Without question even walk among the living if
I'm told

Satan don't forsake me I wait for
You take me grant me wings and as
You messenger I'll fly."

Bridge of Death - Manowar
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Devon Hill Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:13 am

alldatndensum wrote:
Devon Hill wrote:f someone clearly knows you are a Christian, and that you only listen to Christian metal, and they ask you if you would like you to listen to their satanic metal CD, there could be two possibilities: 1. they are deliberately trying to test you to see if you will be "faithful" or 2. they are just asking.  #2 would be the majority of the time I would guess.  I've listened to lots of friends metal to see how it is.  I have no problem with that.  I think there is a major difference between listening to anti-Christian music for the sole purpose of entertainment (and having a healthy diet of it) compared to listening to a friends CD once to hear it based on their request. 

There is a third option you overlooked.  Perhaps this person is reaching out for hope whether they realize it or not.  I have a friend that I gave one of my CDs to as just a friendly gesture.  He definitely was not a Christian and really wanted nothing to do "with all that Jesus crap" as he said.  However, we talked music (mine and his).  I also gave him a compilation CD of some bands I liked.  He played mine but wouldn't play the compilation.....at first.  He eventually listened to it.

While this is not what convinced him to follow Jesus, it was a seed.  This opened him up to hear the message of salvation from someone else.  Not only is he a believer today, he is also playing in a Christian cover tune band.

Great story and a great third option.  Thanks for sharing.
Devon Hill
Devon Hill
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Devon Hill wrote:Just to clarify, are you saying that if somebody has a conviction (who they think is from God) to not listen to music that is anti-Christian, that they are being religious, and that the conviction they have is not actually from God?  Just as one example, do you believe it is religious to desire to not listen to the following song as an example?  Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?
I agree
Thats why I draw the line pretty quick when it comes to music in general.

And saying anything, "law" related is religious is a little far in my opinion.
If you believe the Bible to be 100% true you have to believe what Jesus states as right and wrong. Not necessarily, Moses's law, but Im pretty sure that the 10 Commandments holds some weight in God's eyes. As Jesus himself lived by them, and quoted them quite often to the Pharisees.

Uh oh - its hit the fan!!!!

The 10 Commandments have entered the discussion whelp this will be locked soon Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:05 pm

One thing I have always thought about is, if Jesus was sinless and saves us.
Yet some people believe the 10 Commandments are "outdated" per say.
Then how did Jesus live a sinless life?

He lived by them to stay sinless, why shouldnt we?
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Devon Hill wrote:
RavenWolf wrote:
Savage Amusement wrote:

Just to clarify, are you saying that if somebody has a conviction (who they think is from God) to not listen to music that is anti-Christian, that they are being religious, and that the conviction they have is not actually from God?  Just as one example, do you believe it is religious to desire to not listen to the following song as an example?  Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?

"Dark Lord, I summon thee demanding the
Sacred right to burn in hell, ride up to hells hot wind.
Face one more evil than thou, take
My lustful soul,
Drink my blood as I drink yours, impale me on the horns of death
Cut off my head release all my evil Lucifer is king
Praise Satan

Death there he stands in flame
Death there he stands in flame.

He is my provider as I walk into the
Void for eternity I give to him my soul
I shall do his bidding obey him
Without question even walk among the living if
I'm told

Satan don't forsake me I wait for
You take me grant me wings and as
You messenger I'll fly."

Bridge of Death - Manowar

All I'm saying is ... not everything has to be taken 'so very seriously'. I don't think Jesus just takes everything so seriously. I don't.

Now if you are one of those types of people who can't be light-hearted about a joke or a movie ... or music. Then by all means ... refrain from poisoning your virgin ears. On the other hand ... I don't take everything seriously. It's called entertainment. The Devil doesn't even mean the same thing to most of these bands. Most of them sing of him like a comic book character.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:12 pm

"Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?"

I don't think any of us truly knows the answer to this. Any answer we give is pure speculation which is why there are so many opinions on this board.

My opinion is maybe  Wink There is no way that I could give a dogmatic answer. All I know is that the Jesus I read about in the Bible rarely did what people thought he should do.

Last edited by Headshrinker on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:One thing I have always thought about is, if Jesus was sinless and saves us.
Yet some people believe the 10 Commandments are "outdated" per say.
Then how did Jesus live a sinless life?

He lived by them to stay sinless, why shouldnt we?

Yeah, the 10 Commandments will never be outdated in my house. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Headshrinker wrote:"Would Jesus choose to listen to this if he was on earth because he likes the music, even though he disagrees with the lyrics?"

I don't think any of us truly knows the answer to this. Any answer we give is pure speculation which is why there are so many opinions on this board.

My opinion is maybe  Wink There is no way that I could give a dogmatic answer. All I know it that the Jesus I read about in the Bible rarely did what people thought he should do.

Exactly!!!

Rock on 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next