The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever been to a comic book convention?

+2
MikeInFla
WildWorld
6 posters

Go down

Ever been to a comic book convention? Empty Ever been to a comic book convention?

Post by WildWorld Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:53 pm

Has anyone ever been to a comic book convention? I went to one a few weeks ago. It was pretty fun, sadly, i couldnt get any autographs from the guests, but it was still fun to buy comics (i usually just buy issues at random) and look around at the costumes (there were a TON of Batman, Captain America, and Harley Quinn cosplayers there).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ever been to a comic book convention? Empty Re: Ever been to a comic book convention?

Post by MikeInFla Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 am

Been a LONG LONG time I think the last one I went to I was about 11 years old. It was awesome. Also went to one when The Incredible Hulk TV show was on TV and Lou was there signing autographs.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Ever been to a comic book convention? Empty Re: Ever been to a comic book convention?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:40 am

1995 I went to a comic con in NYC

I could have gotten pics taken with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for 10 bucks this was before KISS made their comeback/reunion, etc..  Alot of Cosplayers and Gwar was there too.

My wife and I are planning to go to the Rhode Island one in November, as a few Dr Who peeps will be there and some SW peeps for me inc. Carrie Fisher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Deepfriar Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:19 am

Been to one about 10-12 years ago with an ex-g/f. Met the dude who is the voice for Space Ghost (after a stand-up comedy session). He was pretty funny, wrote "Ample Parking In Rear" on my paper wrist band.
Deepfriar
Deepfriar
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:49 am

My roommate is an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonator, so he goes to the local conventions a couple times a year as a gig.  I went with him one time to take pictures.  I was wearing one of my 'mystery science theater' t-shirts and it was the first time (and only time) that anyone has ever recognized 'Joel & the bots' on my shirt.  And I wear these shirts all the time.

The person signing graphs that day was the chick who played Ursa (1 of the 3 criminals) in Superman II.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:52 am

Aaron C wrote:1995 I went to a comic con in NYC

I could have gotten pics taken with Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley for 10 bucks this was before KISS made their comeback/reunion, etc..  Alot of Cosplayers and Gwar was there too.

My wife and I are planning to go to the Rhode Island one in November, as a few Dr Who peeps will be there and some SW peeps for me inc. Carrie Fisher.

Yay another whovian. The question is whos your favorite doctor?
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:03 am

My wife is more the whovian than I , but im getting there, right now my favorite Doctor is the current one  Peter Capaldi but I do like the Tennant and Smith stuff too... The season with Capaldi is the first full season of Dr who Ive seen. But I also like Amy Pond Very Happy

Who's yours?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:04 am

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:Yay another whovian. The question is whos your favorite doctor?
Probably 11
Aaron C wrote:My wife is more the whovian than I , but im getting there, right now my favorite Doctor is the current one  Peter Capaldi but I do like the Tennant and Smith stuff too... The season with Capaldi is the first full season of Dr who Ive seen. But I also like Amy Pond Very Happy

Who's yours?
My sister is a huge Whovian I kinda just follow along with it
She got a tardis jacket and backpack for school that I have to say are pretty awesome
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:20 am

For our wedding my wife had K-9 come down the aisle with my ring thats the kind of whovian my wife is lol

Shes got some other collectables one year for christmas she got 2 tardis mugs (by 2 diff people) lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:38 am

Both me and my wife's favorite is 10 (Tennant), our 2nd favorite is the 4th doctor though, Tom Baker. He was the one with the massively long scarf. I am liking Capaldi so far, I think he brings back a bit more maturity to the series as before the doctors had been getting younger and younger
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:47 pm

I was at a comic con in Paris in July, it was pretty cool with a lots of good stand and great cosplay . Just bored by the huge line for EVERYTHING Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down