The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comic book hero movies

3 posters

Go down

Comic book hero movies Empty Comic book hero movies

Post by StarFire Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:57 pm

Lately I've been in a comic book movie mood. I thought it might be fun to start a thread where we list our top five favorite movies in this genre.

I'll start

1. Batman 1989

I still have a love for the more comic book feel of the 1989 Batman movie. Not to mention Keaton and Nicholson were brilliant in this one.

2. Batman Begins

I know most people enjoy The Dark Night more than the first one. I like it as well but have always been more drawn to Begins because I thought Nolan did such a neat portrayal of Batman's origins.

3. Spiderman 2

Spiderman 2 still remains my favorite Spiderman movie and like it better then any of the new ones.

4. X-men

With X-men you can't beat Hugh Jackman's performance as Wolverine or Patrick Stewart as Professor X.

5. Iron Man 

Had to include one from Iron Man. Like X-men I have the same feelings for Robert Downey Junior's performance as Tony Stark.

So does anybody else here have a top five or an opinion?
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Comic book hero movies Empty Re: Comic book hero movies

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 am

I like so many of them that it would be hard to list a top five.  I am planning on seeing both The Avengers:  Age Of Ultron and Ant-Man this year.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:22 am

alldatndensum wrote:I like so many of them that it would be hard to list a top five.  I am planning on seeing both The Avengers:  Age Of Ultron and Ant-Man this year.

Yeah I'm planning on seeing the avengers to.

Never heard of Ant Man
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:03 pm

In the comics, Ant Man was the original Avenger.  However, since the Avengers is set in Marvel's Ultimates Univers from the mid-90's, Ant Man was not a part of that lineup.  He gets a stand alone film in June about 3 weeks after Avenger:  Age Of Ultron.

What movies have I enjoyed the most?  I liked the first two Batman films that Chris Nolan did.  The third was okay, but I hated the ending.  I also enjoyed the two Batman films with Michael Keaton.  The one with Kilmer was decent but that and the following one with Clooney were just to cartoonish.  The change of lead actor hurt them, too.

Except for "The Wolverine", I have enjoyed every moment of X-Men that has been introduced thus far.  I watched some cartoons of them during the 90's so I haven't gotten upset by the deviations from the original source material.

Spider Man and Spider Man 2 were awesome!  I loved the Toby Maguire version!  I loved how his web shooters were a part of his mutation.  The new reboot is good, but I just liked Toby's cast better.  Now that Disney has regained movie rights from Sony, there will be a THIRD incarnation of Spidey on the big screen.  I just hope they don't do a total reboot this quick.  Even if they use someone else as the lead actor, just do a sequel.

All three Iron Man films and both Cap't. America films have been stellar. 

The Hulk movie with Norton playing Banner was awesome.  I wish they could have kept him.  However, I like where they took the Banner character with Mark Ruffalo in the Avengers.  I just wish they'd do a side movie with him.

Thor and the sequel were good, but he just isn't one of my favorites. 

I liked the two Fantastic Four movies.  They only suffered, to me anyway, from the villian just not being evil enough.  He was self-seeking and power hungry, but you just didn't feel it from him.  I think he could have done it, but the character just didn't work for me like he should have.  Hopefully in this summer's reboot, they will fix that.

Guardians Of The Galaxy--I expected to hate it but loved it!  I can't wait for the sequel!

Daredevil--a lot of folks hated it but I thought it was pretty good.  Not having any basis of foreknowledge about the character helped.  He's also getting a reboot now that Disney/Marvel owns those movie rights again.

Green Lantern I liked, but again it wasn't a favorite.

The first 2 Supermen movies were awesome!  Loved Christopher Reeves in that role.  I also liked Man Of Steel and look forward to the Superman Vs. Batman: Dawn Of Justice coming out next year.

Suddenly, I feel very much like a nerd for watching all of these.  Eh, who cares?  I was a nerd before being one was cool.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Ive been in a comic book mood also and speaking of Starfire
I have been watching the Teen Titans and just watched every episode of The Justice League

So on to movies

Batman is really all I am a huge fan of

I dislike the Marvel/Disney movie formula so
truthfully all I enjoy is Captain America and Iron Man

Now to the top 5:

1. Batman 1989
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Forever
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Batman 1966

The other Batman movies: Batman Returns, Batman and Robin, and Batman Begins I really enjoyed but in Returns Devito's Penguin was to grotesque, Batman and Robin was ruined by Clooney, and I just like the 1966 better than this just because Very Happy

I really did enjoy both Captain Americas and the 1st and 3rd Iron Man, I did enjoy Man Of Steel and now  Im pretty pumped for Batman Vs Superman
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:53 pm

alldatndensum wrote:In the comics, Ant Man was the original Avenger.  However, since the Avengers is set in Marvel's Ultimates Univers from the mid-90's, Ant Man was not a part of that lineup.  He gets a stand alone film in June about 3 weeks after Avenger:  Age Of Ultron.

What movies have I enjoyed the most?  I liked the first two Batman films that Chris Nolan did.  The third was okay, but I hated the ending.  I also enjoyed the two Batman films with Michael Keaton.  The one with Kilmer was decent but that and the following one with Clooney were just to cartoonish.  The change of lead actor hurt them, too.

Except for "The Wolverine", I have enjoyed every moment of X-Men that has been introduced thus far.  I watched some cartoons of them during the 90's so I haven't gotten upset by the deviations from the original source material.

Spider Man and Spider Man 2 were awesome!  I loved the Toby Maguire version!  I loved how his web shooters were a part of his mutation.  The new reboot is good, but I just liked Toby's cast better.  Now that Disney has regained movie rights from Sony, there will be a THIRD incarnation of Spidey on the big screen.  I just hope they don't do a total reboot this quick.  Even if they use someone else as the lead actor, just do a sequel.

All three Iron Man films and both Cap't. America films have been stellar. 

The Hulk movie with Norton playing Banner was awesome.  I wish they could have kept him.  However, I like where they took the Banner character with Mark Ruffalo in the Avengers.  I just wish they'd do a side movie with him.

Thor and the sequel were good, but he just isn't one of my favorites. 

I liked the two Fantastic Four movies.  They only suffered, to me anyway, from the villian just not being evil enough.  He was self-seeking and power hungry, but you just didn't feel it from him.  I think he could have done it, but the character just didn't work for me like he should have.  Hopefully in this summer's reboot, they will fix that.

Guardians Of The Galaxy--I expected to hate it but loved it!  I can't wait for the sequel!

Daredevil--a lot of folks hated it but I thought it was pretty good.  Not having any basis of foreknowledge about the character helped.  He's also getting a reboot now that Disney/Marvel owns those movie rights again.

Green Lantern I liked, but again it wasn't a favorite.

The first 2 Supermen movies were awesome!  Loved Christopher Reeves in that role.  I also liked Man Of Steel and look forward to the Superman Vs. Batman: Dawn Of Justice coming out next year.

Suddenly, I feel very much like a nerd for watching all of these.  Eh, who cares?  I was a nerd before being one was cool.
I also loved the Captain America movies.

I know Batman and Robin receives a lot of hate and I can understand why but I honestly enjoyed that one as well. Sure its goofy and Clooney isn't great as Batman but I still think its a fun movie as long as you don't take it to seriously. Of course this may be nostalgia speaking. lol

I'm completely with you on the Spiderman movies. Tobey Macguire just played that role better then the new guy and was more believable. Honestly I wouldn't mind it one bit if they gave it back to him and continued where the original left off. Even though the third one is my least favorite I still enjoyed it.

But like you  said whatever they do we don't need another Spiderman origin movie.

That was part of the problem I had with the Amazing Spiderman. It had already been done and done better in my opinion.

Never saw Green Lantern or Dare Devil f0r myself but heard they were horrible.

I also went in with low expectations for Guardians of the Galaxy and loved it.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:55 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Ive been in a comic book mood also and speaking of Starfire
I have been watching the Teen Titans and just watched every episode of The Justice League

So on to movies

Batman is really all I am a huge fan of

I dislike the Marvel/Disney movie formula so
truthfully all I enjoy is Captain America and Iron Man

Now to the top 5:

1. Batman 1989
2. The Dark Knight
3. Batman Forever
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Batman 1966

The other Batman movies: Batman Returns, Batman and Robin, and Batman Begins I really enjoyed but in Returns Devito's Penguin was to grotesque, Batman and Robin was ruined by Clooney, and I just like the 1966 better than this just because Very Happy

I really did enjoy both Captain Americas and the 1st and 3rd Iron Man, I did enjoy Man Of Steel and now  Im pretty pumped for Batman Vs Superman
Nice list!

I think its awesome how you included Batman the Movie.

I love that movie to as well as the tv show. Its like some of the Godzilla's movies. Its so bad that its good. lol

Also looking forward to Batman vs Superman. Smile
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down