The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails

+6
Athanasius
metaldude
Hardcore Christian
Blake
Kerrick
messiaen77
10 posters

Go down

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails Empty Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails

Post by messiaen77 Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:20 pm

The bassist is the former bassist for HB.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails Empty Re: Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Does it have anything to do with Dario Argento's film?

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails 51BC4ZK7R7L

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails Empty Re: Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails

Post by Blake Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:23 pm

I have recently finished listening to the album. Its not bad but I have to admit I was slightly disappointed. I really hope they polish their sound for their next album.

As far as I have noticed there are two types of pirate metal bands:

1. Those whose music sounds "piratey" like a metal sea shanty with supporting lyrics (Alestorm)
2. Those whose music sounds regular, but with pirate themed lyrics (Swashbuckle)

Cat O Nine Tailes falls somewhere in between. Lyrics are pirate themed, but musically they go back and forth. Some songs have piratey melodies woven in, while others are lacking the "sound" of pirate..ness

My favorite songs on the album are probably Under Captains Flag and Symphony of Ending Time. Interestingly though the title track Under Captains Flag also seems to have some electronic or maybe even EDM influence in he background on the chorus, which works quite well. This is actually why I like the song.

As for other pirate metal Alestorm remains my top choice. A few of my favorites being:

Drink
Nancy the Tavern Wench
Death Throes of the Terrorsquid
Surf Squid Warfare

Kerrick might appreciate Nancy the Tavern Wench. Its kinda like a slow and possibly doomy sea shanty

EDIT - A Christian pirate metal band is the perfect opportunity to do a cover of The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything by VeggieTales. As Picard would say...Make it so
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Metal Blessing Radio wrote:A Christian pirate metal band is the perfect opportunity to do a cover of The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything by VeggieTales. As Picard would say...Make it so

Brilliant!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:11 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Metal Blessing Radio wrote:A Christian pirate metal band is the perfect opportunity to do a cover of The Pirates Who Dont Do Anything by VeggieTales. As Picard would say...Make it so

Brilliant!

Relient K did a cover

Me and my family always thought Flatfoot 56 would do a epic cover

they are not pirate but they are a good type of whatever Irish punk rock band
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

I think I like this band. This one's pretty cool.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 pm

CHRISTIAN PIRATE METAL?!  Surprised Is this real or is it all just a beautiful, beautiful dream? 

In all seriousness, the two songs posted here are pretty cool.  They're not on the same level as Alestorm, but they show a lot of promise.  It's fun to listen to, and they might be something great if they keep at it.   And in any case, it's FREAKING CHRISTIAN PIRATE METAL!

Metal Blessing Radio, I prefer Alestorm too.  In fact, I'm a ginonormous Alestorm fan.  They're a great band who (wisely) doesn't take themselves too seriously.  They obviously have fun making the music and I have a lot of fun listening to it.  True Scottish Pirate Metal FTW!  Smile

Favorite songs are Back Through Time, Captain Morgan's Revenge, Chronicles of Vengeance ..... ah heck, I could go on and on.  So many fun songs by that band.  I think Back Through Time is my favorite though.  I mean, it's a song about pirates who travel back in time to fight Vikings!  What's not to like?!  Smile

Alestorm, Back Through Time wrote:Such mighty treasures they did hold
We killed them all to steal their gold!
You put your faith in Odin and Thor
We put ours in cannons and whores
Your Viking gods won't save you now
When the pirates strike from the starboard bow!

Back on topic, I will definitely be checking of the rest of Cat o'Nine Tails' songs.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:17 am

A core band did a great lyrical pirate type song

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Jesus+folk metal+pirates=Cat o'Nine Tails Empty Availability

Post by BobtheBerean Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:05 am

Are they on Rhapsody, iTunes or Amazon?

I would to check all the entire cd..
BobtheBerean
BobtheBerean
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:16 pm

This is one genre of metal that I could never get into. But specifically with this band, i'm not really picking up the " Jesus " part from any of the songs posted. The first song as some references, but nothing that would bother someone who doesn't care for " christian " lyrics. If I were gonna listen to a band like this, I would probably go with Alestorm instead.

Last edited by sentient 6 on Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:42 pm

Don't forget there is a third kind of pirate metal band - those that dress like pirates and yield chainsaws:

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:49 pm

BobtheBerean wrote:Are they on Rhapsody, iTunes or Amazon?

I would to check all the entire cd..
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhrxaa5myTQFbRXZlOaku_pI7HrceoHiZ

They put the whole album on Youtube.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metallikitty Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Wow. Pirate metal. Pinching myself, am I awake? Must. Hear.

See, this is why I had to get back on the forum!!! It's a sign!!

>^~^<

metallikitty
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down