The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal)

+3
ImagoDei
Grindboy
Nocturnal Servant
7 posters

Go down

Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal) Empty Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal)

Post by Nocturnal Servant Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 am

Well in case you don't know, Arvinger is an unblack/folk metal band from Telemark, Norway. They have been around for quite some time, and went virtually unnoticed after their releases of "Helgards Fall" (full-length album) in 2003, and "Til Evig Tid" (EP) in 2004. This was mostly due to their absence on the internet. But, however, it appears that they have been active for at least a little while now, they were also active for a bit back in 2012. Quite honestly I was shocked to find that they just released a 2017 EP, which was officially announced on Arvinger's official Facebook page, and man is it good! "Rast" was offically released in digital form on May 17th this year (2017), and was released in CD form on December 2nd through Nordic Mission. They have really evolved their sound, and have improved various aspects of their music tremendously sense their first two releases all those years ago.

I will post some songs from two of their releases in order by date below, I couldn't manage to find a linkeble song from their EP "Til Evig Tid" in 2004.

From their album "Helgards Fall" in 2003

Their latest release (2017)

Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal) 38209_ARVINGER_Rast_CD_1

The 2017 EP was just released, so there are not yet any music videos on Youtube. However, you can listen to it via Spotify here.

ALSO

- You can view the official Facebook page and original post by Arvinger here.

- You can check them out on The Metal Archives as well, which is the source of most of the information that I provided.

God bless you guys and gals, and I hope that you all have a wonderfully beautiful and brutal day/night! All hail the Lord's Reaper!
  - MGD
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal) Empty Re: Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal)

Post by Grindboy Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:41 am

Yes, Arvinger was fantastic!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal) Empty Re: Arvinger, Remember them? They just released a new EP! (Viking/Folk/Unblack/Black Metal)

Post by ImagoDei Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:41 pm

This has been on Spotify since May this year.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:53 pm

ImagoDei wrote:This has been on Spotify since May this year.

Indeed, however it was just released on CD a couple of weeks ago Very Happy
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:01 pm

I know this post is old - but for anyone who hasn't heard this band, I think this E.P. is fantastic and should not be missed:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:33 am

Nice bump!

I have it.  I got some weird looks from some students playing it with car windows down waiting to pick up my daughter from volleyball practice last season. Twisted Evil

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:40 am

eatbugs wrote:I have it.  I got some weird looks from some students playing it with car windows down waiting to pick up my daughter from volleyball practice last season. Twisted Evil

Lol!  Smile   I can only imagine what my neighbors must think when I'm playing this type of music.
I don't play it that loud but the walls are not exactly thick.   

My family would never understand this type of music either....  

When I was around 12-13, my dad walked in while I was playing an early Shrapnel Records release and he yelled "This is just noise!"   He was into classical, jazz, and tango music.  My mother was into easy listening 60's.  

Somehow I became the family metal head - go figure Wink

Last edited by Constantine on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:27 am

As a teenager my parents tolerated the "noise" coming out of my bedroom because it was Christian metal (see my story in the Deliverance thread).

What makes my Arvinger story even funnier is that my kids go to a Christian school.  I wonder what they thought when they heard this come from my car?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:47 pm

I just take it for granted that most Christians would hear this music and think it's somehow satanic.  
I understand and can't say I blame them, because of the associations and the extremity of the sound.  
However I bet there's probably less overall prejudice against it these days since Christian metalcore 
was a big thing for awhile, but still...the growly vocals are a tough sell to the average music listener.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:45 am

I have "Helgards Fall" and "Rast" on CD. Arvinger is a quality band. I think "Blodspakt" is my favorite song.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian metal Horde Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:08 am

Awesome band, they are recording a full length. Recording has been delayed a little, they will let me know the release date (Christian metal Horde)
Christian metal Horde
Christian metal Horde
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.instagram.com/christianmetalhorde?igsh=ZHl5ZzlqazUxa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down