The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.)

5 posters

Go down

Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.) Empty Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.)

Post by Nocturnal Servant Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:52 am

I first heard of this band a few years ago, been listening to them on and off for a while now. I'm digging them quite a bit. They have an EP that was released in 2009 but it never got much attention. In my opinion the band is very underrated. It's a shame when I see a potentially great bands like this die out. What do you guys think?

(Edit: I was wrong about them dying out, thanks to Soundmass for telling me about their full-length album that's coming out! Hopefully not too long from now Smile )

Last edited by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.) Empty Re: Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.)

Post by Soundmass.com Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:06 am

Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:I first heard of this band a few years ago, been listening to them on and off for a while now. I'm digging them quite a bit. They have an EP that was released in 2009 but it never got much attention. In my opinion the band is very underrated. It's a shame when I see a potentially great bands like this die out. What do you guys think?

I think ECTHIRION are brilliant! Their EP received some great reviews and continues to sell, unlike some old CDs.

And they haven't died out. They've actually recorded a full-length album and it's just taking a LONG time for it to me mixed and mastered.

https://www.soundmass.com/product/apocalyptic-visions-ep

Soundmass.com
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.) Empty Re: Ecthirion (Symphonic Black/Folk Metal, underrated band and not well known.)

Post by 11razorwire Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 am

Not bad at all. Hopefully they get their full-length album out soon.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:49 am

Soundmass.com wrote:
Mysterious Gamer Dude wrote:I first heard of this band a few years ago, been listening to them on and off for a while now. I'm digging them quite a bit. They have an EP that was released in 2009 but it never got much attention. In my opinion the band is very underrated. It's a shame when I see a potentially great bands like this die out. What do you guys think?

I think ECTHIRION are brilliant! Their EP received some great reviews and continues to sell, unlike some old CDs.

And they haven't died out. They've actually recorded a full-length album and it's just taking a LONG time for it to me mixed and mastered.

https://www.soundmass.com/product/apocalyptic-visions-ep

This is great news!! Glad I got you guys here at the CMR to point me in the right direction. I'll definitely be getting their full-length album once it's released! Very Happy

What record label or platform will they be releasing their album on, do you know? I'm going to guess that if your a record label as well as a store that they'll be releasing it through you? BTW thanks for letting me know about the album and the state of the band, and the link!

Last edited by Mysterious Gamer Dude on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:53 am

11razorwire wrote:Not bad at all. Hopefully they get their full-length album out soon.

Definitely! I wish I would have known about this sooner!
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:14 am

Pretty good stuff!  I've been meaning to pick this one up for a while but just have never got around to it.

MGD, do you like Far Beyond?  One of the guys from this EP has another project I think you'd totally dig.  I find myself listening to their stuff a lot.  Here's their latest album:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:32 am

Kerrick wrote:MGD, do you like Far Beyond?  One of the guys from this EP has another project I think you'd totally dig.  I find myself listening to their stuff a lot.

Your right, I totally dig them! Never actually heard of them til now, they remind of a cross between Immortal Souls' metal vocals and overall theme, the instrumentals from Harmony, and the title track of Vardøger's EP Whitefrozen.
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:41 am

I'm glad you like!  They have two full-lengths and an EP - all of which are very good.  The first album is more black metal in style but still has that epic-yet-melancholic feel, with more emphasis on melancholy.  The EP came out next and is more similar in style to their latest album (linked above) yet not quite as layered/symphonic feeling.

FYI Far Beyond isn't a "Christian band" to my knowledge and primarily sing about fantasy stuff.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Nocturnal Servant Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:48 am

Kerrick wrote:I'm glad you like!  They have two full-lengths and an EP - all of which are very good.  The first album is more black metal in style but still has that epic-yet-melancholic feel, with more emphasis on melancholy.  The EP came out next and is more similar in style to their latest album (linked above) yet not quite as layered/symphonic feeling.

FYI Far Beyond isn't a "Christian band" to my knowledge and primarily sing about fantasy stuff.

Their first album definitely sounds interesting, I'm a huge black metal fan (As if it wasn't obvious lol). I had I feeling that they weren't considered "Christian", and from the imagery it hinted to me that they were into fantasy driven themes. But as long as their music isn't full of "Sacrifice the undead vergin and bow to Larz" I think I'll keep listening to them Wink

Thank you for the recommendation and for the info by the way Smile
Nocturnal Servant
Nocturnal Servant
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:51 pm

This band is great; they have great violins and vocals. My current favorite for the violins is Chariots of Elysium, and for vocals it is Immortality
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Soundmass.com likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down