The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash)

5 posters

Go down

ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash) Empty ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash)

Post by Constantine Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:51 pm

Huh....ANGEL 7 just quietly dropped a new album called "Victory."

Their last full-length was "White Metal" from Dec 2020.

I'm listening to the album now on Spotify and it sounds like classic Angel 7, with a few more melodic flourishes and folk metal nuances.  It is a very strong album for them and there is not one bad song even if they are not doing anything all that new here.   If you already like the band's sound, this will interest you.  They definitely have a sound and style all their own.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and 1620 like this post

Back to top Go down

ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash) Empty Re: ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash)

Post by eatbugs Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:18 pm

I like Angel 7.  Any physical release yet?

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash) Empty Re: ANGEL 7 (Ukraine) - new album "Victory" (Melodic Folk Metal / Power Thrash)

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:23 pm

No, unfortunately.   And I'm not sure if there are plans for a physical release.  I'll look into it further, I can contact Duane at VOG Records and see if he knows anything.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:54 pm

Constantine wrote:No, unfortunately.   And I'm not sure if there are plans for a physical release.  I'll look into it further, I can contact Duane at VOG Records and see if he knows anything.

Yes, they've done the US distribution for most of them.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:41 pm

I wonder why few here seem to pay attention to this band...
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 am

I actually didn't buy the last one (White Metal) and hesitated here because I thought the songs sounded nearly identical to the albums I already had (Last Revolution and Hail to the King). I felt odd about it because I absolutely loved Hail To The King. Does it really sound different? The singles keep sounding like the same songs with different lyrics.

You are definitely right about the unique style over all though. The foundation sounds very much like Manowar (which I think few bands sound like) but they are much more melodic with the lead guitar work layered over it. Combining that with barked, deep vocals is definitely a unique combination. Perhaps I'll go for this when a physical option is available.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:08 pm

This is their best work to date.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:12 am

Constantine wrote:I wonder why few here seem to pay attention to this band...

I suspect three reasons:
1. They're from Ukraine, not The US or western Europe.
2. Distribution.  Vision of God focuses mainly on death/black metal, which don't get a lot of interest on this forum.
3. They're too new.  I hate to say it, but as was already pointed out we're mostly old on this board.  Look at all of the "Rank the..." threads.  It's all bands from the late 80's and early 90's.  Classic-era or bands that sound like it get the most traffic.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 am

mothy wrote:This is their best work to date.
I am going to agree with this - not because it doesn't sound similar to what they have done before, but because this is their most refined, fully-realized material yet.  It sort of takes their signature sound and song-writing formula and ups the ante on the good while stripping away the more awkward moments from the past.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:10 am

eatbugs wrote:
Constantine wrote:I wonder why few here seem to pay attention to this band...

I suspect three reasons:
1. They're from Ukraine, not The US or western Europe.
2. Distribution.  Vision of God focuses mainly on death/black metal, which don't get a lot of interest on this forum.
3. They're too new.  I hate to say it, but as was already pointed out we're mostly old on this board.  Look at all of the "Rank the..." threads.  It's all bands from the late 80's and early 90's.  Classic-era or bands that sound like it get the most traffic.

1.  That would be a shame if we would turn our noses up at a band just because they are from an unfamiliar or far away land. Those are the bands that need our support the most.  They can also be the most interesting bands to discover.

2.  Here's what I do not understand about the death/black metal thing regarding this board.  Maybe that applies to the main sections of the board.  But if you look at the Peddler's section, the posts that by far get the most attention are the ones that have to do with very esoteric death or black metal releases.   There are people here that obviously have very large extreme metal collections, because you can see that when they post their trade or sale lists.  And those posts get a lot of inquiries.  Meanwhile, I will post more "known" stuff for sale or trade, and I have not received one response to date.  So there is apparently a lot of interest on this board for very obscure extreme metal CD's.   It would seem to me that these are the people who might like a band like Angel 7.

3.  Yes, I would agree in general that the "classic" bands get the most attention overall on the threads.  

As for me, I like discovering new music.   If a classic band releases a new album, they have to earn my interest with some good or interesting material, otherwise I just pass and listen to something new or different.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:24 am

That’s some great stuff! I’ve added this band to my list of “to buy.” Thanks, Constantine!
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:31 am

No one turns our noses up on purpose, people just naturally gravitate toward our own cultures.

Personally, I enjoy hearing music from obscure countries.  If a Christian band were to come out from Togo I'd be very highly interested in it.  To a point it's supporting missionary work.  I can't get into the one Imari Tones CD I have but I've considered buying more just to support Christians in Japan.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 pm

I want to support Imari Tones too but I can't get into their music at all. I'm waiting for them to release something I can fully appreciate.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:07 pm

This album kills! The music is fantastic and the lyrics are refreshingly Christ-exalting.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down