The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

+24
Black Rider
MikeInFla
eatbugs
ludey7
Friday13th
Throne of thorns
bodachi
Gipperman
MegaNorm64
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Athanasius
randy_rc
sentient 6
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
jusma
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
Professor_Valconian
Candlemass
deathisgain
Staybrite
metaldude
28 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 4 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by KaramKaram Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:02 am

Release day it's here!

Have you gotten your copy?
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 4 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:10 am

Yep. Listening now. Loving it so far.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:33 pm

I've been through it a couple of times now. My first reaction is to say it's stronger than it's predecessor, but only time will tell. Yahweh, Fallen, and Pride are heavier than usual tunes. The cover of After Forever is good, but I think I would still prefer the Deliverance version. I will admit, Stryper annihilated the middle section of the song, especially the lead break. Till I Get What I Need should be a good live tune (and I predict it to be Alldat's favorite, being under 3 minutes).

Overall, I think I'm enjoying it more than I expected.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Hasn't come in yet, I ordered it from the Stryper website.... Anyone else order from there?
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:52 pm

Picked it up at Best Buy and I'm loving it! Just as consistent as NMHTP but heavier. If you haven't already, just buy it. Gonna stick my foot in and say it's their best yet.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:48 pm

Pre-Ordered from Amazon have yet to spin it

Will put in my 2 cents in a couple days
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Hardcore Christian wrote:Pre-Ordered from Amazon have yet to spin it

It came with Auto Rip ... download the MP3s now and enjoy.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:57 pm

This is a superlative album. Never thought I would say this, but it may top their best (and my favorite) ... Soldiers Under Command.

Really loving Love You Like I Do and King of Kings.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:37 pm

Nice reviews
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 4 1444936740_str-2015-front

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 4 CL4kACa

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 4 1444936623_str-2015-back

Different version than the US release?
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:32 pm

This album is SUPERB.  It's funny, I was never into Stryper until I bought NMHTP, which I became a massive fan of.  I had high expectations for this album, and thankfully I wasn't let down.  This is a heavier, more aggressive sound and I'm loving it.  It's going to be a stronger contender for my album of the year.  Well done, gentlemen.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:40 pm

^ The Japanese version has a bonus track ( Mad a rant for a different thread).  E-bay has it but it's $25 or more plus gobs more in shipping from Japan.

To echo Professor Valconian it may top their best release (To Hell With the Devil  tongue ), although those "first era" albums have a special place in many of our hearts and may never be topped from a nostalgia standpoint.  For the title song alone To Hell With the Devil is still the pinnacle Stryper album for me.  To the uninitiated though, probably Fallen tops No More Hell to Pay which tops anything from the 80's.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:38 pm

First time ever I opted for iTunes version over CD so I could listen to it day one. This album has so many highlights I get the impression I will listen to it many more times than NMHTP.

Some of their contemporaries might want to tap MS to help produce for them. Stryper is showing the other 80's bands how to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Just came in the mailbox today.  Playing now. Love it so far, better than the last one. Normally I order.from iTunes but I decided to get the physical CD. Also came with a free sticker of the cover art.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:47 pm

I got mine yesterday but have only gotten to hear it once.  I liked what I heard but need to listen a couple more times before I give my opinion.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:54 pm

Professor_Valconian wrote:
Hardcore Christian wrote:Pre-Ordered from Amazon have yet to spin it

It came with Auto Rip ... download the MP3s now and enjoy.

I should have said "Ordered from Amazon have not had a chance to spin it yet"

I just got back from going deer hunting and listened to it twice on the way back

So far there are more likeable tracks for me than NMHTP
The first 4 are really solid songs and the ballad, After Forever and Till I Get What I Need are strong tracks at the end of the album so far my faves are the title track and After Forever

But thats only after 2 spins Wink
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:34 pm

Love the album so far.

Not ready to say it is better than NMHTP, but it definitely can hold its own.

Some of the songs from NMHTP like Revelation, NMHTP, Sympathy and Legacy are among my all-time favorite Stryper tunes....so it will be hard for me to declare the new album "better" than NMHTP. With that being said, it is still awesome.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:01 am

When this album "hits" it is far and away the best Stryper I have ever heard. Songs like Yahweh, Fallen, Pride and my early favorite -  The Calling - are just metal monsters. I feel like the record lulls a bit in the middle. Songs like Heaven, All Over Again, and Love You Like I Do are not bad; I just lose interest. The cover tune is darn good. Things begin to pick back up with Till I Get What I Need and Let There Be Light. The album closes with two more scorchers in The Calling and King of Kings. Overall I like it better than NMHTP because of the heavier guitar tone.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:11 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:When this album "hits" it is far and away the best Stryper I have ever heard. Songs like Yahweh, Fallen, Pride and my early favorite -  The Calling - are just metal monsters. I feel like the record lulls a bit in the middle. Songs like Heaven, All Over Again, and Love You Like I Do are not bad; I just lose interest. The cover tune is darn good. Things begin to pick back up with Till I Get What I Need and Let There Be Light. The album closes with two more scorchers in The Calling and King of Kings. Overall I like it better than NMHTP because of the heavier guitar tone.
Thats what I thought also is that the middle is kinda meh, not that they are bad just not as strong as the rest of the album
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:41 am

MikeInFla wrote:Just came in the mailbox today.  Playing now. Love it so far, better than the last one. Normally I order.from iTunes but I decided to get the physical CD. Also came with a free sticker of the cover art.
Glad you beat your wife to the mailbox!
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:15 am

What Id like to know is what made Stryper Choose After Forever?  I guess I am wondering if there were other possible covers that were being considered. And whose idea was it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:34 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like Robert was cut loose for this record? I notice the drumming on Fallen more than I ever have previously. Maybe it's the production, I don't know. It just seems that Rob sounds better than ever on this record.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:41 pm

Enjoying it a lot, I can forgive them for Reborn now.  Razz
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffcorpse Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:33 am

Love this! Probably my favorite Stryper!
jeffcorpse
jeffcorpse
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:08 pm

I thought this was a cool video:

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next