The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

+24
Black Rider
MikeInFla
eatbugs
ludey7
Friday13th
Throne of thorns
bodachi
Gipperman
MegaNorm64
alldatndensum
messiaen77
Athanasius
randy_rc
sentient 6
Kerrick
Follower of Jesus
jusma
Hardcore Christian
KaramKaram
Professor_Valconian
Candlemass
deathisgain
Staybrite
metaldude
28 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:56 am

Appearances are deceiving.  It's not the "same concept as THWTD." Similar concept to last album? Wow, glad you know all its various nuances already, considering Michael hasn't fully outlined them yet.  

Seems like your analysis is drowning in a river of shortsightedness.

Back to top Go down

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Empty Re: Stryper "Fallen" - News, release dates, and cover artwork

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:45 am

S6, Stryper is actually treading on new ground for themselves, and becoming harder then they have ever been. You would know this, of course, if you took the time to read the updates on Michael's page and read the interviews. Michael even said on his FB page that the artwork reflects the song "Fallen" and that the album is not themed that way.

They are not in a creative rut in any way shape or form.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to control my frustration with the negativity here)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 am

I guess Iron Maiden's constant use of the Eddie character means they have been in a creative rut for a couple of decades..

Man, I don't know why they have even bothered to stay together.

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 am

Stryper, the band everyone loves and loves to pick on...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:43 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:I guess Iron Maiden's constant use of the Eddie character means they have been in a creative rut for a couple of decades..

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by randy_rc Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:04 am

I have a pressing of this album before they did the reissue w/ the new artwork: 

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 Latest?cb=20100803172136

Wink
NoOneIsHere wrote:I guess Iron Maiden's constant use of the Eddie character means they have been in a creative rut for a couple of decades..

I have no problems w/ stryper using and re-using themes/characters (yellow and black anyone?). But there's a big difference between using reoccurring characters (like the great maiden) and straight up re-imagining an already released album's artwork...

Neal Morse Code wrote:Wow, glad you know all its various nuances already, considering Michael hasn't fully outlined them yet.

I know... I can NOT wait for Michael to tell me how to feel about the new album.
So, yeah. Not too crazy about the album art (someone said "anime", right?). But REGARDLESS, the album will rock!  Rock on 1
randy_rc
randy_rc
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:18 am

I don't view THWTD and this cover to be that similar, really. Similar theme, yes...but all of Christianity is a similar theme.

THWTD was a fun cover showing the guys as angels taking the music back from the devil...at least that is how I view it.

Fallen is meant to be a more serious cover depicting God casting Satan out of Heaven.

I don't see enough similarities to say it is a remimagining.

But you can say that about a lot of covers.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Neal Morse Code wrote:Appearances are deceiving.  It's not the "same concept as THWTD." Similar concept to last album? Wow, glad you know all its various nuances already, considering Michael hasn't fully outlined them yet.  

Seems like your analysis is drowning in a river of shortsightedness.

Sorry. Let me revise what I said. It is the last albums art which is in essence the same thing as THWTD.  And right now since we have no songs from the new album, I am only going by the concept art. Maybe this is more about formula over creative rut ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:02 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:S6, Stryper is actually treading on new ground for themselves, and becoming harder then they have ever been. You would know this, of course, if you took the time to read the updates on Michael's page and read the interviews. Michael even said on his FB page that the artwork reflects the song "Fallen" and that the album is not themed that way.

Sorry, you are probably right. Like I just stated, maybe they are following a proven formula. But right now, I am only judging the cover art by this standard.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:06 pm

NoOne, Are you implying that the image of a fallen/judged satan is Strypers mascot ? Because Eddie is a mascot that is used in the various themes of Maiden albums and general imagery ( but i'm quite sure you know that already NOIH ).
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:08 pm

Candlemass wrote:Stryper, the band everyone loves and loves to pick on...

..only when its warranted.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:17 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:THWTD was a fun cover showing the guys as angels taking the music back from the devil...at least that is how I view it.

Thats a interesting interpretation considering that the name of the album itself is " TO HELL with the devil. "

They could have named the last album To Hell with the Devil and it would have fit perfectly. You guys are not objective enough to see that NMHTP is the same concept as THWTD maybe ? Wink
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm

If they want to keep a " satan " theme, why not change things up a bit and maybe work in the Cross, and Jesus Christ crushing him or something ? That would still be " metal " looking. Wink I guess when I saw the new art I just thought to myself....been there...done that.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:00 pm

Can we get this back on topic about metalized ABBA cover songs?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:14 pm

deathisgain wrote:Can we get this back on topic about metalized ABBA cover songs?

Sure. I forgot that all is not right in the universe unless topics get derailed. Twisted Evil
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm gonna shut up now. I just heard a rumour that the Official Stryper fan club has just put a price on my head ! affraid
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Yeah, at the last meeting I heard someone singing ... To Hell With Sentient 6 Shocked
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:44 pm

sentient 6 wrote:I'm gonna shut up now. I just heard a rumour that the Official Stryper fan club has just put a price on my head ! affraid

Hmmm, how much is the bounty? Dead or alive?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:22 am

Professor_Valconian wrote:Yeah, at the last meeting I heard someone singing ... To Hell With Sentient 6 Shocked

lol! lol! lol!  Metal 1
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:32 pm

sentient 6 wrote:I'm gonna shut up now. I just heard a rumour that the Official Stryper fan club has just put a price on my head ! affraid
Dead man posting.  Twisted Evil

Anyhow, I kind of like the artwork.  These kinds of metal album covers aren't generally my thing, but this one looks kind of cool.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:30 am

Kerrick wrote:NoOne, No More Hell To Pay seemed less "anime"/Dungeons & Dragons style to me.  Whatever, it's cool artwork and definitely is an attention-grabber!
NoOne this is what I thought is its very animeish Devil

Last edited by Hardcore Christian on Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 am

HC,

I can agree with that, I would rather not have Satan look so anime.

Not a fan of anime to begin with.

Last edited by NoOneIsHere on Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by messiaen77 Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:16 am

metaldude wrote:
Staybrite wrote:
Candlemass wrote:
Staybrite wrote:Fantastic artwork, I love the "finger of God" portion....it seems like a nod to the original YABA cover.

Are they like ABBA?

One can only hope not. Evil or Very Mad

Just imagine Michael singing Dancing Queen.
I'd rather hear him break out the full cover of "I'll Tumble for You" that he teased on the In the Beginning video.
messiaen77
messiaen77
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:02 am

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 No_mor10

While I do see a particular theme developing with the artwork, they are still vastly different.

It really boils down to one thing for me:  do I like the new artwork or not?  I do!  I have heard the clips they put on Amazon and they are kickin'!  The new artwork is very "metal" in its presentation and fits what the music sounds like.  So, for me, I say bring it on, guys!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MegaNorm64 Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:41 am

sentient 6 wrote:If they want to keep a " satan " theme, why not change things up a bit and maybe work in the Cross, and Jesus Christ crushing him or something ? That would still be " metal " looking. Wink I guess when I saw the new art I just thought to myself....been there...done that.
As cool as that sounds, I think it's been done so many times that the reaction to something like Jesus vs Satan would get the same "been there, done that" reaction. There are plenty of other covers but, I remember P.O.D. took a modern take on it when they first started out.

Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 51DEUNT9mtL
Stryper "Fallen"  - News, release dates, and cover artwork - Page 2 6PEdb
MegaNorm64
MegaNorm64
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next