The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP

+5
Benny4SR
alldatndensum
lhversaw
Kerrick
Professor_Valconian
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP Empty Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP

Post by Professor_Valconian Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:05 am

I don't know who is to blame, but there is not a single Stryper thread on the first page.

Isn't that against the rules?

You need to find the person or persons responsible and give them a severe tongue lashing.

This place will go to hell in a hand basket if you don't get serious about enforcement.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Location : In a meeting of the Society who puts things on top of other things

Back to top Go down

Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP Empty Re: Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

Oh this is a serious problem indeed.  What's happening to this place?!?  affraid   I blame Mr. Sweet.  I think we probably scared him off though...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP Empty Re: Kerrick ... you need to look into this ASAP

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:34 am

Kerrick wrote:Oh this is a serious problem indeed.  What's happening to this place?!?  affraid   I blame Mr. Sweet.  I think we probably scared him off though...

Which is actually a shame.

Having the lead singer and driving force behind the most successful Christian metal band ever being a semi-regular contributor to the forum would have been nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:38 pm

True... though I would have loved to see him interact in more threads than just those about Stryper.  Also, he's not exactly the least contentious user we've ever had either haha.  Either way, it'd be nice to have him participate more!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:True... though I would have loved to see him interact in more threads than just those about Stryper.  Also, he's not exactly the least contentious user we've ever had either haha.  Either way, it'd be nice to have him participate more!

Yeah, I know sometimes that he seemed to only respond to those that had posted negatively.

I understand though, I think...

It's gotta be tough when dealing with a fan base (Christian rock / metal) and especially a forum where people tend to go out of their way to be critical of the artists.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:59 pm

Metalheads are probably the pickiest/most critical fans of any genre... and CHRISTIAN metalheads are probably the worst offenders!  It's true...  Though I wonder how much of a chicken-or-the-egg situation it is...  Take Four Star Revival for instance:  Benny has been active here a fair bit lately and I have seen very little nit-picking from the fans.  In my opinion, Benny speaks with much more humility and down-to-earth attitude which I think probably helps dissipate that overly-critical attitude many of us fans tend to have.  Michael gets defensive quickly - which may be totally appropriate per the criticisms - though I don't think that helps overall.  I apologize, I'm typing as I'm thinking haha so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:02 pm

Kerrick wrote:Metalheads are probably the pickiest/most critical fans of any genre... and CHRISTIAN metalheads are probably the worst offenders!  It's true...  Though I wonder how much of a chicken-or-the-egg situation it is...  Take Four Star Revival for instance:  Benny has been active here a fair bit lately and I have seen very little nit-picking from the fans.  In my opinion, Benny speaks with much more humility and down-to-earth attitude which I think probably helps dissipate that overly-critical attitude many of us fans tend to have.  Michael gets defensive quickly - which may be totally appropriate per the criticisms - though I don't think that helps overall.  I apologize, I'm typing as I'm thinking haha so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

Agreed....but how much of that is that the fans are harsher with "major" acts versus small bands like 4SR (no insult intended).

It always seems the bigger the name, the more people want to try and bring them down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:11 pm

That's very possible.  Why... I don't know.  But it does seem to be a pattern here.  Then again, there are similarities with how the "major" bands' members interact with the fans too.  Again, the chicken or the egg...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:21 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Oh this is a serious problem indeed.  What's happening to this place?!?  affraid   I blame Mr. Sweet.  I think we probably scared him off though...

Which is actually a shame.

Having the lead singer and driving force behind the most successful Christian metal band ever being a semi-regular contributor to the forum would have been nice.
But you know according to Stryper they are not a Christian band lol
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:26 pm

And hey guys at least These bands are not making Death Threats against people.  I came across a Christian band a few months back who got criticized by someone who just really didn't like that style of music a fan of the band went off on them and that person told the fan that it wasn't Christlike to cuss someone out for not liking a band.  That person then got a flat out death threat from the lead singer of the band.  I did get the benefit of viewing the screen shot of the messages so I can say that there was nothing Christian about the things that so called Christian band said.  While people, especially here, can be very critical of bands at the very least MOST of them handle it in a VERY TASTEFUL way even if they are sometimes defensive.  At least they stay Christlike and not like the band that I have seen encounters with.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:28 pm

When will we all wake up and smell the coffee, and realize that we are just jealous of Stryper's success?

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Mortal wrote:When will we all wake up and smell the coffee, and realize that we are just jealous of Stryper's success?
Rolf 1
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:47 am

Mortal wrote:When will we all wake up and smell the coffee, and realize that we are just jealous of Stryper's success?

Jealous is too harsh of a word.  It makes us feel........uncomfortable.  How about envious?  Yeah, that's the ticket!

Hey, I could be a real pot stirrer this morning and say that STRYPERTOURNIQUETDELIVERANCEVENGANCE suck!  That always seems to get the fanboys riled up!  lol!

(If you are in these bands, I don't think you suck.  I just felt like being a turd and make fun of the major flame wars that always seem to start around these bands if someone disses on them or promotes them too much.  I would gladly accept free t-shirts to wear them to promote you locally.)

For the record, I cannot listen to Four Star Revival.  Their album was so smokin' hot that it melted the grills off my speakers in the truck.  True story--with a little......um, or a lot.....of embellishments!  After some Devin Williams, maybe I will risk melting those grills again today as I geocache my way to glory! I am a geocacher--hear me roar!  Or scream for help if I get lost.....again...

lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Benny4SR Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:29 am

alldatndensum wrote:

For the record, I cannot listen to Four Star Revival.  Their album was so smokin' hot that it melted the grills off my speakers in the truck.  True story--with a little......um, or a lot.....of embellishments!  After some Devin Williams, maybe I will risk melting those grills again today as I geocache my way to glory! I am a geocacher--hear me roar!  Or scream for help if I get lost.....again...

lol!
^ That's too funny!!!  Rolf 2 lol! Rock on 1
Benny4SR
Benny4SR
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://fourstarrevival.fourfour.com

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:01 am

Like Candyman, you guys mentioned Michael five times, and he appeared.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:05 am

Not that it matters, but for the record I love Stryper ... Not in a creepy sensual way, but ... You get the picture.
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:10 am

deathisgain wrote:Like Candyman, you guys mentioned Michael five times, and he appeared.

lol! What a Face

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Professor_Valconian Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Thank you bjorn agin for saving The Christian Metal Realm.

We can now all sleep more peacefully with at least one thread specifically about Stryper on the first page of the forum. Much appreciated!

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t8091-new-stryper-vocalist
Professor_Valconian
Professor_Valconian
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Professor_Valconian wrote:Thank you bjorn agin for saving The Christian Metal Realm.

We can now all sleep more peacefully with at least one thread specifically about Stryper on the first page of the forum. Much appreciated!

https://thecmr.forumotion.com/t8091-new-stryper-vocalist

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of Stryper fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:26 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:

It's gotta be tough when dealing with a fan base (Christian rock / metal) and especially a forum where people tend to go out of their way to be critical of the artists.

I someone says something in public forums, it is completely appropriate to respond to what they say whether its complementary or critical.

If everyone agreed, then there is no point to talk about anything.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:32 pm

In general, it seems a good portion of band members ( not all of course ) just come here to promote stuff and not to be a regular joe who wants to talk about music, social issues and their Christian world view. NMC and some of the more underground band members are obvious examples who do not fit that description.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:00 pm

sentient 6 wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

I someone says something in public forums, it is completely appropriate to respond to what they say whether its complementary or critical.

If everyone agreed, then there is no point to talk about anything.

It is fair to state your opinion, whether positive or negative, but it isn't cool to be an obnoxious a** to someone just because you don't like their music or because you don't like what they write about. That happens far too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:08 pm

^Agreed.  But then you got folks fighting fire a** with fire a** and no one wins there!  face palm

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Agreed.  But then you got folks fighting fire a** with fire a** and no one wins there!  face palm

Very true, but I always like to give the band/artist the benefit of the doubt.

While I don't put them onto a pedestal, I am very honored any time I get to interact with an artist I listen to. I mean, after all, we are in a forum that is built entirely around music, right? I have chosen to try and be positive when interacting with artists from bands I like .. it's my way of showing respect to them.....and usually I will choose to bite my tongue instead of saying too much that is critical.

I fully understand that this is just MY opinion....

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Yup, I hear ya.  It's almost always the "fans" (or particularly un-fans) who start the drama and are overly critical.  I don't think most other music genres are this way; I wonder why it's so with metal?  Regardless, I just want everyone to get along!  flower

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next