The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money

+10
d@v!d
Staybrite
Temple of Blood
KaramKaram
Blake
Candlemass
Follower of Jesus
alldatndensum
bodachi
deathisgain
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money Empty Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 pm

From their Facebook page:
"Ok so I am talking to engineers and ready to book studio time but it's hard to pull the trigger and commit to spending money on the project when we only have 825 likes. I'm just having an honest moment with you!"

I don't know about you, but I would LOVE to hear some new Novella.

If you feel the same, please visit their Facebook page and show them some support  

https://www.facebook.com/Novella.theoriginal

Back to top Go down

Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money Empty Re: Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money

Post by deathisgain Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:33 pm

If they don't mind losing money, then it won't be a waste of time and money.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money Empty Re: Novella looking to book studio time, needs to know we care and they aren't just wasting their time and money

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:30 pm

I love Jonathan's voice and what Novella brought to the table...

But I don't like being motivated by guilt.  Kind of like another *similar* post that made the rounds here recently.  Tempted to quote Roland Stephen Taylor's "I Manipulate" again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:40 pm

He isn't trying to make anyone feel guilty, he's simply being honest that he isn't sure there is enough demand for them to do it.

People always say they want honesty, but when someone is honest they complain, wow.

I was the one who said to go show him some support....not him.

He's telling us that the project may not happen. He's been saying to us on Facebook for months that they were going to start recording in the summer, so he is simply keeping us updated that it may not happen now.

I consider that classy.

How many times have projects fell apart or bands backed out of reunions without so much as an explanation..,,here we have someone explaining why it might not happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:51 pm

I would recommend a Kickstarter drive.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:56 pm

We all need to remind him that it is NOT a waste of money.  Will they make back what they spend?  Perhaps not.  However, if they are creating art because they love doing it, then that money is not wasted.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:00 pm

alldatndensum wrote:...[I]f they are creating art because they love doing it, then that money is not wasted.
That's easier to say when it's not your money!
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:32 am

bodachi wrote:I would recommend a Kickstarter drive.

So would I. This is the safest way of getting a minimum return for their investiment with music.
Otherwise not only would Novella take a huge risk to not get their money back, but also would they get upset with the quantity of illegal downloads that it might get.

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:47 am

bodachi wrote:
alldatndensum wrote:...[I]f they are creating art because they love doing it, then that money is not wasted.

But if anyone here would understand where they may be coming from, it's Alldat. Chris, have you made back the money you poured into the Mission of One albums?
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:29 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
bodachi wrote:

But if anyone here would understand where they may be coming from, it's Alldat. Chris, have you made back the money you poured into the Mission of One albums?

Little different w/a full band and upscale production...
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:38 am

Never heard of Novella but I agree both that a kickstarter is the way to go, and when it comes to creating art/music its an investment. Although I do understand money frustrations as my recent cd release last month was entirely handmade and it cost more than I expected
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:52 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:
bodachi wrote:

Heck, no!  I probably never will, either!  Luckily, I bought my own recording gear so I don't have that expense.  But, I'll never get the money back I spent on CDs.  I never meant to, though.  I sell quite a few and give away even more.  With Mission Of One, it is about reaching people.  If I have to give away a CD or download to get the gospel into someone's hands, then so be it.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:50 am

alldatndensum wrote:...If I have to give away a CD or download to get the gospel into someone's hands, then so be it.
I was going to buy it, but I am a scumbag and downloaded it illegally*.

Seriously, though - I just saw your youtube promo video & checked out the Amazon samples.  I like what I hear!  As soon as I get some cash, I'll BUY the downloads from Amazon.

* I did NOT download it illegally.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:54 am

I don't think you guys get it, it isn't about him making money back from it.
He's not sure if there are enough people interested in it for him to put the money into it.

Basically, he wants to know that if he spends the money to do it, that enough people will WANT to hear new music from him.

That's why I said to go show support....

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:53 pm

839 likes now
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:59 pm

KaramKaram wrote:839 likes now

Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:31 pm

Bottom line:  DON'T SPEND SO MUCH MONEY MAKING IT.

How much are we talking about anyway?  That's the key question.

You'll never have more "likes" until you put out quality music consistently.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Record all the guitars at home and track vocals and drums in the studio. 

Problem solved.  Everyone does it these days, including I believe QUEENSRYCHE.

Folks stuck in the old mindset need to get with the times.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:21 pm

I sure hope they make another album, but I can totally understand if they don't want to shell out 800 hours worth of their own time and upwards of $20,000 of their own money just to move less than 500 albums in sales.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:24 pm

Why in the world would they spend 20K on recording an album in 2015?

Do they want to just go to an expensive studio and hang out there?  Or hire a name producer to write their material for them?

Do it yourself!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Why in the world would they spend 20K on recording an album in 2015?

I just pulled that number out of the air.  I have seen several kickstarter campaigns in this range for a new album. 
My guess would be that any older band might want the production quality on their new material to come close to their earlier professionally recorded output and they lack the skills to do it themselves.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:48 pm

Lacking the skills or being accustomed to recording music one way is really no excuse.  Especially if the alternative is to not release any more music.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:Record all the guitars at home and track vocals and drums in the studio. 

Problem solved.  Everyone does it these days, including I believe QUEENSRYCHE.

Folks stuck in the old mindset need to get with the times.
I heard they would record at home, but the cassette got jammed in the 4 track...
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:41 pm

You crack me up, Temple.

You always come off sounding so bitter about other bands.

When was the last time you put out an album, if it's so easy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:48 pm

And I think you guys are STILL missing the point...

It isn't about the money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next