The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

+33
Livna
jaydeecrawson
Opeth3232
Samson
ludey7
Bahana
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
MasontheBearded
d@v!d
Through The Dark Radio
Athanasius
SpaceGuy
Highway Star
oldschooldoom
hellig
Friday13th
johnnycanuck
strangerhoncho
Louder
eatbugs
Soldier777
Kerrick
Fundy
Follower of Jesus
Grindboy
Jaybird
metaldude
Tobi Elektrik
WildWorld
6stringgrind
Throne of thorns
MetalGospel
37 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal. - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

Post by 6stringgrind Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:02 pm

See, it's hard for me to tell what's considered obscure, because ALL these bands are obscure, relatively speaking. But within Christian metal circles, I don't feel like a lot of what's been mentioned is that obscure.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal. - Page 2 Empty Re: Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

Post by Friday13th Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:57 pm

metaldude wrote:I don't know if these guys ever officially had a release, but they sure were good. Sword of Judgement.

Metal 2  Thrashes hard, man! Reminds me of "A Dog's Breakfast" by Tourniquet.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by hellig Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:07 pm

EZRA - The Key
hellig
hellig
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:45 am

Well there are a lot.
But I have forgot.

Very glad for Firestreamvault.com
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:10 pm

No love for Halo? Extremely polished and commercial, but still good

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Highway Star Sat May 09, 2015 9:45 pm

I loved the first Halo disc, the second one was little too light except for a few songs.
Highway Star
Highway Star
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Thu May 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Local band so I am biased, but:

Sounds similar to Killswitch Engage if they had a guitarist that could actually play solos. 3 albums (all of which are pretty good), but broke up due to finances/never hitting it big. I believe they had a few publisher deals that would have made them get big, but never materialized.

The albums is somewhat old (10 years I think?), but the guitar solos are extremely reminiscent of far more modern (secular) djent bands... Kind of feel like they were ahead of the curve on that one.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Thu May 14, 2015 10:01 pm

Menahem and Mehida were both bands that deserved more attention.  Especially the latter.  Their debut album, Blood & Water, is a masterpiece.

Also, Shield of Wings.  Symphonic metal group reminiscent of Oceanborn-era Nightwish that released a very, very promising EP but sadly nothing after that.  A real shame because they had the potential to be a truly great band.
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 15, 2015 4:35 pm

Rick Hunter's bands Regime and Walk The Sky (Soldier was already said by someone), also Paradox (not a Rick Hunter band  Razz)

Back to top Go down

Post by Through The Dark Radio Fri May 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Any Christian DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM band  Twisted Evil
Through The Dark Radio
Through The Dark Radio
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:17 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:Any Christian metal band from the 80s other than Stryper, Saint, Barren Cross and Bloodgood...

Smile
Yeah, what NoOne said. Plus I would add Rez, Whitecross and Bride.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:20 pm

metaldude wrote:I don't know if these guys ever officially had a release, but they sure were good. Sword of Judgement.
I'm glad I clicked this thread.. Smile
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MasontheBearded Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:21 pm

Hey so I found this thread recently. Awhile ago I found a band called Consumed By Fire...Drenched in Blood. All I can find is they have a Last.fm page, which has 11-songs and that they performed Industrial metal and Drone metal/grindcore. Anyone know anything more about these guys?

https://www.last.fm/music/Consumed+By+Fire...+Drenched+In+Blood
MasontheBearded
MasontheBearded
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

https://thebeardeddragon1.bandcamp.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:36 am

I wouldn't call it amazing but I always liked this one a lot and never heard anybody ever mention them:

Weird mix of folk, proggish metal, and grunge that works for me.  Some real nice Alice in Chains-type moments.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:02 am

Tempest - Annihilation of the Wicked (early Watchtower-ish prog metal with amazing bass playing) 

Ancestor - Return to Dust (amazing death/black metal with great musicianship and jaw-dropping drumming)

Oblation - excellent early 90s death metal with great guitar work
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:06 pm

strangerhoncho wrote:I wouldn't call it amazing but I always liked this one a lot and never heard anybody ever mention them:

Weird mix of folk, proggish metal, and grunge that works for me.  Some real nice Alice in Chains-type moments.

Top-notch drumming.  Singer sounds dangerously close to Layne Staley in the mellower moments.  But, ugh, that name... stupid indie scene.  All the trappings of the alternative mid 90's culture are there from the cover art to the stencils to the wah-wah guitar solos, but they're talented no doubt.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:15 pm

Betrayal's The Passing was a favorite of a couple friends and I but they were a hard sell for me to introduce to non Christian Metal fans. They progressed a great deal since the first album. It's a shame that lineup didn't release something further. 

Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Yes, Betrayal really should do another thrash album!  So much talent in that band!
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:08 am

Die Happy
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:19 am

Great choices with Precious Death, Die Happy, Haven, & Red Sea

Off top of my head:
Broken Silence
The Mustard Seeds
Neon Cross
Rage Of Angels

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:30 pm

Godsent Humans
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:00 am

Temple of Blood wrote:Yes, Betrayal really should do another thrash album!  So much talent in that band!
They did two more albums later in 2000 and 2002, but more gothic/industrial/misc....and they blew.  Not good at all.  Maybe it wasn't all the same members.

You prob knew that, though, which is why you said another "thrash" album!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:01 am

H.M. Murdock wrote:Godsent Humans

Yeah, they were great!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Samson Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:22 am

There was a band from Alabama called "Believe" (NOT Believer). They released two albums that I know of. I still have "Power of God" but I stupidly traded my copy of "Seven Miles Deep" over 10 years ago, and never found another copy since. (Hint, hint)
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Opeth3232 Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:03 am

The one's that come to my mind are
Xalt, Trytan, Nailed, Jesus Freaks, Ransom, Philadelphia, Saint, Divine Symphony. These are bands I've always loved outside the contrived idea of the big four Stryper, Barren Cross, Bloodgood and Petra
Opeth3232
Opeth3232
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next