The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

+33
Livna
jaydeecrawson
Opeth3232
Samson
ludey7
Bahana
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
MasontheBearded
d@v!d
Through The Dark Radio
Athanasius
SpaceGuy
Highway Star
oldschooldoom
hellig
Friday13th
johnnycanuck
strangerhoncho
Louder
eatbugs
Soldier777
Kerrick
Fundy
Follower of Jesus
Grindboy
Jaybird
metaldude
Tobi Elektrik
WildWorld
6stringgrind
Throne of thorns
MetalGospel
37 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal. Empty Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

Post by MetalGospel Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:45 pm

What are some of the most forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal?

Bands that were amazing, yet hardly anyone knew about them, and are still barely even talked about or mentioned at all.

I know of some, but I am sure there are still many that are unheard of.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal. Empty Re: Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:04 pm

Any Christian metal band from the 80s other than Stryper, Saint, Barren Cross and Bloodgood...

Smile

Back to top Go down

Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal. Empty Re: Forgotten obscured hidden gems of Christian Metal.

Post by MetalGospel Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:22 pm

I thought Leviticus, Jerusalem, and Messiah Prophet were all extremely ignored bands yet were all amazing.

"Master of the Metal" CD from Messiah Prophet is a must-have CD that hardly anyone knows about.

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Throne of thorns Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:04 pm

DighaZoose i think? not sure how well they were known but they were kind of like janes addiction. There was a punk band I cant remember their name but they had a song named punk girl for Jesus it may have been under cover cant remember......Both bands are not really metal more alt vibe.
Throne of thorns
Throne of thorns
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 6stringgrind Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:16 pm

This is tricky because the pool of bands was so small (at least in the 80's-mid 90's) that I don't think many "amazing" bands slipped through the cracks. If a band was excellent, word spread pretty quick because they really stood out from the pack.

This wasn't really a band, but I thought Crucified guitarist Greg Minier's "Minier" thrash EP and his grunge metal project "Applehead" were both great and didn't get the attention they deserved.

6stringgrind
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Siloam. Had a cool skid row meets bon jovi sound to them

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Sun Apr 12, 2015 11:27 pm

80's Creed.

German band that were straight up Speed Metal with very straight forward Christian lyrics.

Somewhat like the first 2 CDs from BloodGood, but with a Scorpions feel to it.

"The Sign of Victory" CD is my favorite from them.  That CD has become very rare.

Last edited by MetalGospel on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Tobi Elektrik Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:24 am

CHILDREN OF LIGHT from Finland.

Around 2000 they released a demo and another EP (Northern Wilderness).
They played a pretty interesting mixture of heavy, thrash and some hints of viking metal. Far from being the best band on the planet the mix of styles was pretty interesting and they had this "finish vibe". It would have been cool if they would have released a full-length album with decent production quality.

They totally vanished and it seems like I'm the only guy on the entire planet who knows this stuff. Never found any info about the band or guys in this band again. Mad
Tobi Elektrik
Tobi Elektrik
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Haven's "Your Dying Day" was a really good album. I've never heard any of their other albums.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaybird Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Soldier
Chosen Stranger
Legacy
Scarlet Red
Zion
Jaybird
Jaybird
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:20 pm

metaldude wrote:Haven's "Your Dying Day" was a really good album. I've never heard any of their other albums.
Age of Darkness came after.  The lead singer/guitarist Kevin Ayers fronted them--he's a really good guy.   Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:23 pm

I've always felt like Royal Anguish "Mysterion" was a tremendous album that got about zero play.

The s/t Ordained Fate album, although certainly a notch below the classics of the genre, I feel is really strong, but receives little acclaim.

Around for a few years and still current, Neocracy consistently manages to fly under the radar, but I think are fantastic.

Just the first few that come to mind.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:07 am

Haven definitely fit this category. They get no attention, but they were awesome. Good call on Siloam too!

I really liked Eden. They only had one record - Fan The Flame - but it was very solid.

I'd also put Sardonyx in this category. Very underrated band.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fundy Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:29 pm

Oratorio.  No one really talks about them, but I thought their last two albums were absolute stellar!
Fundy
Fundy
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

https://sites.google.com/site/silenceismadness777/

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalGospel Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Personally, I think that Narnia goes very ignored and does not get the credit that they deserve.

Amazing Christian Power Metal band, but they go mostly unnoticed and ignored.

"Long Live The King" CD from them is a must-have.

They have a Kamelot type of feel to them.  Epic Power Metal.

Last edited by MetalGospel on Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

MetalGospel
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:07 pm

Fundy wrote:Oratorio.  No one really talks about them, but I thought their last two albums were absolute stellar!

+1
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:23 pm

Sacrecy is pretty obscure.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:44 pm

^Mmm, that's a good'un for sure!  I listen to that album quite regularly.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:56 pm

Good call on Siloam - I have their first 2 discs - some great stuff on these albums. I just wish their 2 or 3 other albums after that wasn't so hard to find even though they went alternative.

Mastedon - not really metal - more hard rock/rock - but their 3 albums has a lot of great songs. What I find interesting is Dave Amato - guitarist for REO Speedwagon - as far as we know is not a Christian - but he sings those songs as if he wrote them himself like Right Hand, Glory Bound, etc. John Elefante once said that when Dave sung those songs he asked John if he sung those right and if he put the right emotion into it - or something like that. Also, people would come up to Dave at the signing table at the REO Speedwagon concerts asking him to sign Mastedon CDs and the other band members would find that annoying. He would talk about how great Mastedon was to the members of REO Speedwagon.

I would love to see another Mastedon album.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:58 pm

I'll second (or third?) Siloam.

I'll also second Scarlet Red.  I only have one song on a compilation and I really like it but I can't find it anywhere.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Louder Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Philadelphia had some great songs.
Louder
Louder
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:37 pm

Grindboy wrote:
Around for a few years and still current, Neocracy consistently manages to fly under the radar, but I think are fantastic.

Never heard of them, but just checked them out and they're great!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by johnnycanuck Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:01 pm

I have both Philadelphia cassettes, what about Precious Death?? Red Sea?? Die Happy?? Grammatrain?? Shout??
johnnycanuck
johnnycanuck
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:13 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
Grindboy wrote:

Never heard of them, but just checked them out and they're great!

Glad somebody finally did -- they've been one of my favorite "under the radar" bands for years.  3 releases, the production on the first one is weak, but IMO the material is excellent on all three.  No idea how they manage to consistently dodge any kind of distribution or notoriety!

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 am

I don't know if these guys ever officially had a release, but they sure were good. Sword of Judgement.

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next