The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK]

+20
Throne of thorns
oteis
lhversaw
Machine Fish
metalh
Kerrick
Airola
cailen
MikeInFla
d@v!d
Grindboy
Galations6.7
metaldude
timekeeper
ludey7
bassdude
sentient 6
Candlemass
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
Hardcore Christian
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

If you could only keep one Vengeance album which would it be?

If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_lcap47%If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_rcap 47% 
[ 28 ]
If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_lcap32%If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_rcap 32% 
[ 19 ]
If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_lcap10%If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]
If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_lcap10%If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 59

If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] Empty If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK]

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Razz That title

I think most of you know what this thread is by now Very Happy
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] Empty Re: If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK]

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:59 pm

I'm not going to lie I voted for Released as I fell it will definitely be a blowout between Human and Once Dead

Trust me I would definitely pick Human Sacrifice if it came down to it

but Released is a close second for me because of all the legends playing on this album

Steve Rowe doing background vocals
Victor Macias on bass

and not to mention Jimmy Brown on rhythm guitar 

Destruction would be very close to Once Dead I have to say is my last choice definitely not their weakest but just not my top choice
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK] Empty Re: If You Had To......... Vengeance (Rising) [DONT LOCK IT KERRICK]

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Tough call...close tie between the first album and the last. But I had to go with "Released Upon The Earth"...it may be sloppy, raw, repetitive, even the last three songs on it suck, but I just dig it. 'Help Me' is worth the price of admission alone.
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:37 pm

pathogenics_cloned_twin83 wrote:Tough call...close tie between the first album and the last. But I had to go with "Released Upon The Earth"...it may be sloppy, raw, repetitive, even the last three songs on it suck, but I just dig it. 'Help Me' is worth the price of admission alone.
Wow me and you are like identical in taste on that album alien
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Then theres like 8 votes with no explanation Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 pm

Once Dead
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:11 pm

A was gonna go with HS, but went with OD instead. Both are raw thrash. But Once Dead has some growth while still remaining raw.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 pm

While its been a long time since i've listened to it, wasn't Released were roger was transitioning to straight-up death metal ?
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:20 pm

sentient 6 wrote:While its been a long time since i've listened to it, wasn't Released were roger was transitioning to straight-up death metal ?
Ya even though he obviously never finished the transition
Destruction was Speed/Thrash
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:28 pm

I'll go with Released......it seemed to have more groove to it, more like a Sacrament kind of feel to it.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:22 pm

IMO there are only 2 VR albums.  HS & OD are a toss up - both masterpieces.  I chose OD because I feel the writing is stronger.  I love Larry Farkus on this.  

The last 2 albums are not even close to the 1st two IMO.  Roger seemed to be phoning it in & it's definitely missing the "band " element.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:31 am

It was a toss up between the last 2. I went with Destruction Comes.

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:40 am

Thumbs up
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:52 am

Once Dead for me.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:55 am

I chose Once Dead. VR only existed for two albums,  as far as I'm concerned.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:54 am

Human Sacrifice, Glenn Rogers is a smoking writer
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:22 am

I think Destruction Comes has a couple of nice tracks. 

I think that Released was a good album in it's day.

Human Sacrifice is classic, no doubt.

But Once Dead is my favorite -- it seems like everything that was good about HS but a little bit better in every way.  Into the Abyss > I Love Hating Evil, Out of the Will > Beheaded, etc.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:31 am

I never got around to getting DC and that's where I stopped with the band. I haven't listened to any of it since around when the came out. I remember liking OD somewhat better, but only a little more the HR.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:39 am

Dan, were you there? Smile

MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by cailen Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:01 pm

Once Dead!
cailen
cailen
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:26 pm

d@v!d wrote:I never got around to getting DC and that's where I stopped with the band. I haven't listened to any of it since around when the came out. I remember liking OD somewhat better, but only a little more the HR.
so, I just listened to those albums for the first time in years again. I remember how much I never liked Roger's vocals. Still don't. I think with few exceptions he held the band back.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Galations6.7 Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:55 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Dan, were you there? Smile

MikeInFla,
Yes, that is me in the video. Thank you for finding this. I've been looking for this for quite some time now. I knew there was footage of the whole concert floating around. Looks as if Sergio uploaded this in February of this year. 
Thank you again,
Daniel
Galations6.7
Galations6.7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:55 pm

Yeah, I found the video today and will watch it later when I have a little more time.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:33 pm

My vote goes to Released Upon the Earth.

I haven't ever really be able to see the first two albums as great as people keep saying they are. Sure, Beheaded is one of the best songs to end any album ever, and From the Dead is amazing. Among the Dead from Once Dead is great too (I like how Roger changed his singing style in that song), but I have always felt that at least half of both of the albums is a bit on the boring side.

Destruction Comes suffers from too much repetition. Really, half of the songs have nearly exactly the same opening. He Don't Own Nothing is amazing! The drumming in this album might be the best of all of them. Chris Hyde was a very talented drummer.

Released Upon the Earth has this very strange sinister feeling throughout the whole album. Also, whenever Roger isn't growling, I think this album has his best vocal performances ever. The drumming in the album is sloppy, but it has a certain charm to it perhaps because of that sloppiness.

Tion is perhaps my all time favorite Vengeange Rising song. Which brings me to this quote:

...it may be sloppy, raw, repetitive, even the last three songs on it suck, but I just dig it.

WHAT!?!?!? Shocked
Tion is fantastic! Metal 1

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:11 am

Galations6.7 wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:Dan, were you there? Smile

MikeInFla,
Yes, that is me in the video. Thank you for finding this. I've been looking for this for quite some time now. I knew there was footage of the whole concert floating around. Looks as if Sergio uploaded this in February of this year. 
Thank you again,
Daniel
Were you in the band when they were using those tall demon face statues with TVs in the mouth? If so, did you play in Santa Clara?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next