The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!)

+11
oldschooldoom
Candlemass
metaldude
eatbugs
srguenther
d@v!d
FreeRangeBeliever
ludey7
alldatndensum
Gandalf the White
strangerhoncho
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!) Empty WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!)

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 pm

Listening to Mark Salomon's podcast lately, I learned of his new band White Lighter with Andy Prickett of the Prayer Chain on guitars.  It's kind of mellow hard rock with a slight nod to Ozzy in the vocals at times.  Should appeal to fans of Stavesacre's Speakeasy album.  Really solid music that I think would appeal to a lot of people here.

http://store.northernrecords.com/album/white-lighter

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!) Empty Re: WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!)

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:11 am

I have it and it's amazing. It's not all out hard rock but more of a slow burn kind of thing. Really, really good lyrics.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!) Empty Re: WHITE LIGHTER - new Mark Salomon band (Stavesacre, Crucified) (for fans of Ozzy!)

Post by alldatndensum Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:17 am

I am liking what I hear of the clips!  It is a bit different than everything else coming out these days.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:00 am

I have it as well & love it.  Swan is my fave & it definitely has an Ozzy vibe on the vox.  I really hope they make more music.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:24 am

Just purchased the download.  IMO, Mark's voice sounds like Sabbath-era Ozzy, not solo Ozzy.  Those strange keys in "Omen" were perfect counterpoint to the guitars too.  Rockin Loud

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:33 am

Yes! Omens is probably my favorite song as of now. Heavy is good too.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by FreeRangeBeliever Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:55 am

Just listened to all the tracks....pretty good actually...

And Yes Mark definitely sounds like Ozzy on some tracks - especially Swan which is my favourite at present...
(Who would have ever though back in the 'the Crucified' days that Mark would ever sound like Ozzy!?)
FreeRangeBeliever
FreeRangeBeliever
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:56 am

Yep, love this album.

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:48 am

Just sampled a few songs. Sounds great!
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:17 am

Honestly, anything I've heard Mark Solomon be a part of has been great. Even the one song he did guest vocals for that XL & DBD album... the rest of the album was eh....

I have everything he's been a part of except a few guest spots and the Native Son album, which is hard to find.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by srguenther Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 am

I thought Steve dial was on guitar?

srguenther
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:31 am

He was on bass, Andy Prickett (of Prayer Chain) on guitar and on drums was Trey Many and Andy Brotherton depending on the track.

The Black Vinyl podcast had him on a few weeks ago, and Billy Power had a three part interview on his Urban Acheiver podcast...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:41 am

Vinyl or digital? Mad

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 am

I got the digital because I don't have a record player (or the money to invest in one as well as replaing all my CD's...). Mark said he'll never do a CD release again.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:12 am

Gandalf the White wrote:Mark said he'll never do a CD release again.

So instead he'll go for a less useful format?  I'm not against bands doing vinyl releases if they can make money off of them but this vinyl fad is getting ridiculous.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:56 am

eatbugs wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:Mark said he'll never do a CD release again.

So instead he'll go for a less useful format?  I'm not against bands doing vinyl releases if they can make money off of them but this vinyl fad is getting ridiculous.

I hear ya. Lots of bands seem to go this route and I don't get it. I guess I just want a CD...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 pm

Vinyl is the only music format that's growing.  I should know, I have a vinyl record shop in my bookstore and business is booming!  People want to hold their music and for it to feel meaningful.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Yep, and for some reason CDs don't do that for some folks.

I remember getting new cassettes and smelling the ink on the insert and listening to it the first time.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:53 pm

Mark is one of those guys, for me, who can release something out of the style I listen to and I still like it. I'm definitely getting this.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:39 pm

Wait, this is not David Benson?! Shocked
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:49 pm

Really diggin' the bass on the song 'That's Right'
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:44 pm

Candlemass wrote:Wait, this is not David Benson?! Shocked
I don't think so. People here are actually getting the music they have paid for.

Last edited by d@v!d on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Candlemass Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:44 am

Not much of a fan of anything Mark Salomon has done in past projects, but I'm diggin' this!
Candlemass
Candlemass
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:49 am

d@v!d wrote:
I don't think so. People here are actually getting the music they have paid for.

Hahaha ouch...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Kerrick wrote:
d@v!d wrote:

Hahaha ouch...

My thought as well  Laughing
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next