The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more?

3 posters

Go down

podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more? Empty podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more?

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:56 pm

Hey guys,

I've really been getting into podcasts lately by dudes talking to Christian musicians, specifically the Never Was podcast (Mark Salomon), Urban Achiever podcast (Bill Power), and Black Vinyl Collective podcast.

Between the 3 of them, they've had great hour to three hour interviews on the Crucified, Sometime Sunday, Living Sacrifice, Circle of Dust/Argyle Park, Solamars, etc, etc.  plus a bunch of other bands.  Granted, they don't always talk much about the music -- it's more about the personal lives of the people behind the music -- but it's pretty interesting stuff.  And they're just getting started!  Way better than old HM interviews.

Anyway, just wondering if anybody else is digging them and if there are any other podcasts out there like these that talk to Christian metal guys.  It's making my daily commutes a pleasure rather than a chore!

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more? Empty Re: podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more?

Post by Superjuice Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:05 pm

Would like to hear COD/Argyle Park - gotta link?
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more? Empty Re: podcasts - Mark Salomon, Bill Power, Black Vinyl Collective, more?

Post by ludey7 Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:09 pm

I heard Bills 3 with Mark...and I've heard all of Marks podcasts. I love the take on it & I love hearing the war stories.  This is what I would hope a podcast like this would be.  Marks 1st with Bruce from LS is really great and I can't wait for part 2.  I really look forward to future eps from Mark.  I expect Sonny from POD will make an appearance at some point.  It'd be pretty cool if he has on some of the guys from his past/current bands.  

Anyway I highly recommend

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:23 am

The Pt. 2 of Bruce Fitzhugh from LS is up!  I'm going to listen to it on the way to work today.

Also, the link to the one with Buka from Argyle Park (although he talks a good bit about Scott Albert/Klayton & Circle of Dust too) is here.  Really interesting because he basically wipes away all the mystery behind Argyle Park and that whole crew!

http://www.urbanachievershow.com/episodes/7959-episode-8-chris-buka-martello

One thing about all the podcasts is that they don't really address issues of faith much at all.  It's usually just referred to vaguely or as a side issue.  Which I'm sure is intentional.  I wish they got into it more but I totally understand why they choose not to, after decades of pressure from other Christians to be or say more than they are, which is usually just a musician or singer.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:01 pm

Mark Salomon is going to interview Klayton (Circle of Dust) on his next episode!  He says it's gonna be real good.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:41 pm

In Mark Salomon's interview with Bruce Fitzhugh, he states that he was desperately trying to sing like Ozzy and he had to sound like him.  I always thought it was just his natural way of singing, cuz I know he is not a metal guy.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:05 pm

Anyone hear Marks new episode with Doug Van Pelt?  Marks comments on Vengeance alone is very interesting....and he does a pretty good Roger impression!

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:54 am

A third of the way through it...haven't got to the Vengeance part.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:05 pm

We all need to send a 'thank you' letter to Doug for going through so much turmoil just to get us good tunes.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down