The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minier s/t is much better than The Crucified

+22
TZ75
BaleMaster
grandeped
My Awesome Timothy
Black Rider
crucifyd
average joe
d@v!d
force perspective
strangerhoncho
pathogenics_cloned_twin83
sentient 6
arttieTHE1manparty
Nyx74
messiaen77
timekeeper
deathisgain
ludey7
metaldude
Grindboy
Gandalf the White
Temple of Blood
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Minier s/t is much better than The Crucified - Page 2 Empty Re: Minier s/t is much better than The Crucified

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:41 pm

Gandalf the White wrote:Let's not be hasty.

Are you Gandalf or Treebeard?

Back to top Go down

Minier s/t is much better than The Crucified - Page 2 Empty Re: Minier s/t is much better than The Crucified

Post by Nyx74 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:So what are the best Crucified songs then?
apart from the s/t AND Pillars, don't forget to check out Power of God. Not on their 2 albums, but definitely worth listening to! A killer song!!

Nyx74
Nyx74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:24 pm

LemonMouse wrote:
Gandalf the White wrote:Let's not be hasty.

Are you Gandalf or Treebeard?

Bruuu Ra Hrum...
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Nyx74 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:So what are the best Crucified songs then?
apart from the s/t AND Pillars, don't forget to check out Power of God. Not on their 2 albums, but definitely worth listening to! A killer song!!

Don't forget Your Image!
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:13 pm

Minier is cool, I have listened to them once, but the sound quality was a let down.
And what can I say about The Crucified? Get a singer!

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:45 pm

I love the Crucified's self-titled record and Pillars, but have no use for their early material, like Nailed, for example.  I like Minier quite a bit, but I think Applehead is better by a good stretch, even though a lot of people don't like it if they aren't into the grungier sound...

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:43 am

.....if you like older Bad Religion, Black Flag, or Circle Jerks you might like Take up your Cross and Nailed.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:56 am

The box set might still come cheap, Arttie.  IMO, it's an integral part of the Cru's legacy.  Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:53 am

sentient 6 wrote:.....if you like older Bad Religion, Black Flag, or Circle Jerks you might like Take up your Cross and Nailed.

I agree. That's part of why I love those two demos being on one disc. Smile
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by pathogenics_cloned_twin83 Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:02 pm

Crucified albums very pretty killer, even though I'm not as fond of the vocals as much as the music. I haven't listened to Minier's cd in so long I can't really remember enough to comment. I remember it being decent but better than the Crucified stuff? Not so sure on that...
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://www.facebook.com/#!/derrick.williams.5667

Back to top Go down

Post by ludey7 Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:31 pm

I actually love Salomons vocals - he's definitely not a great singer but it's punk rock.  I think his style gels well with the music & his lyric-writing got better every album - up to and including Whitelighter.

ludey7
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:41 am

The Crucified--s/t and Pillars of Humanity are brilliant.  They tower above most other punk, hardcore, and thrash.  It's not about the technicality of the guitars, it's about the emotion and attitude.  Salomon is just about the best punk vocalist there ever was, IMO.

Minier was fine, average thrash but nothing special.

Applehead I liked when it came out, but it's horrid to listen to now.

strangerhoncho
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Superjuice likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:15 pm

for those wanting more MINIER i have a 5 song demo which includes 2 unreleased songs that did not appear on the REX release. Their both goods songs same style as the LP. I have no idea why Greg didn't include them. I remastered them to get the best quality possible.
Send me your email if your interested.

With all this Greg Minier talk i just remastered Applehead - meaning. I always thought the mix was too muddy. It's sounds much clearer now. It's a definite improvement. you know what to do.
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by force perspective Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:18 pm

[ltr]Here is a facebook conversation i had with Greg Minier.[/ltr]

[ltr]Hello Greg, thanks for excepting my friend request. I recently remastered your CD Applehead - meaning. I always liked the record but i thought the mix was too muddy. I cleaned it up a bit. Plus you can hear your vocals better. If you're interested in hearing it you can download it. I also have a MINIER - demos for your s/t release. The demos include 2 songs not put on the REX release. If you lost those demo songs let me know. I remastered them too.[/ltr]

[ltr]Greg Minier: Hey Jeremy, what demo songs from REX?[/ltr]

[ltr]they were demos for the REX s/t thrash release. one demo was a Vengeance mulligan stew parody[/ltr]

[ltr]on the the end of the one of the songs you did and AC/DC highway to hell. do you have those demos?[/ltr]

[ltr]Greg Minier: Those would have been from 4-track cassette bedroom recordings... No, I haven't had copies of that stuff for probably 20 years...[/ltr]

there are demo versions of "do not be deceived" "prophecy". yes, they gotta be 4 track. i found it on the internet years ago and remastered them. there are 6 tracks plus there was a "do not be deceived (remix)" that was on a REX compilation. They are encoded MP3 320kbps.
someone had a demo tape and transferred it to digital . did you ever sell demos back then?

[ltr]Greg Minier: Never sold any. Probably gave a copy to someone and it just made its way around... I'll try to check it out tonight!Oh man...[/ltr]

[ltr]Greg Minier:  Thanks for sharing that with me. I really like the extended version of do not be deceived and I actually do somewhat remember those other demo songs. But, I must say that my favorite is.... Mulligan Stew!!![/ltr]

[ltr]Cool! Glad to give back. Do you remember why you didn't include those other songs on the REX release? Do you have any other heavy material you never released?[/ltr]

Greg Minier: Remastered Applehead sounds nice and crisp.

[ltr]What happened to the original mix? We you happy with it? It seemed muddy.[/ltr]

[ltr]Greg Minier: The REX release was actually a demo I recorded. They released it with the intention of a full album later. Those were the songs that made it onto my $400 demo. There was no bass guitar because I couldn't afford any more studio time...No I don't have any other heavy stuff anymore. Applehead was recorded with minimum wage engineers and no producer (except me). In other words, no one really knew what they were doing. The same went for The Crucified recordings.[/ltr]

[ltr]Btw the Crucified's "pillars" is an absolute classic. It's held up very well. Do you mind if I share this conversation with other fans on the Christian metal realm forum? Feel free to stop by. You still have a ton of fans. Is it ok if I share the remastered with other fans? Any chance on a new the Crucified release?[/ltr]

Greg Minier: Yes, share whatever you want... No new Crucified music - way to hard to get it together. 

[ltr]
Download here:

Applehead - meaning [2015]

Minier - demo[/ltr]
force perspective
force perspective
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 pm

Suhweet!
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:30 pm

force perspective wrote:Download here:

[ltr]

Minier - demo[/ltr]

Thanks!

Anything you can do to fix the Crucified's self titled?
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:32 pm

d@v!d wrote:
force perspective wrote:Download here:

[ltr]

Minier - demo[/ltr]

Thanks!

Anything you can do to fix the Crucified's self titled?
The only way that would be better is if you got a dollar in the mail every time you listened to it.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:52 pm

So, it sounds like most are in agreement that the Pillars remaster is one of the best remaster jobs around. Why can’t the sound of all albums be upgraded to this extent? Did the S/T get the same treatment?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:27 am

d@v!d wrote:Anything you can do to fix the Crucified's self titled?

hmmm...

*** me contemplating how you "fix" perfection... ***

Grindboy wrote:Obviously there's disagreement on this, but I like The Crucified s/t far more than Pillars (which is fine, but never stood out to me).

All just my opinion, of course.

in my experience you're in the minority here...and I'm right there with you!
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:24 am

I saw them live on the Pillars tour and it was pretty incredible, made me a huge fan of that album.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm

I have a copy of the rerelease on Retroactive Records it’s pretty good.  Pillars is my favourite release featuring Minier, killer stuff!
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by average joe Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:51 pm

Retro did the S/T? I always though Pillars was THE album from them, but the S/T was definitely overlooked on my part. Did Tooth and Nail remaster the S/T as well in the compilation? Was the retro S/T remastered?

average joe
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by grandeped Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:58 am

Surprised that so few knew that the Minier S/T was remastered and re-issued by Retroactive Records with bonus demo tracks and interviews:

https://boonesoverstock.com/products/minier-minier-expanded-demoretroarchives-editioncd-2017?_pos=1&_sid=b41ad9f3f&_ss=r

grandeped
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:30 am

I have it.  I donated my original to the local library, so hopefully an unsaved person hears the Gospel through it and at least a seed is planted.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Grindboy Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:42 pm

When you read through an old thread, and somebody says exactly what you would say. . . and it was you.

Grindboy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next