The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music

+2
Gandalf the White
deathisgain
6 posters

Go down

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music Empty Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:39 am

I have always been a proponent of supporting the artists and helping with these type of projects. I backed the Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music project, the Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter, the Bloodgood Kickstarter, the Steve Taylor kickstarter, the CrashDiet Save The Tour project, the Wretched Graverobber Indiego project, as well as other projects that did not get successfully funded like Absolon and CoveredScars.

With that being said, I would like to throw a couple comments out about 2 in particular.

First, the Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter project. 

I backed this soley because of Michael Sweet's contribution to the album and because of the cause. I am not a fan of Tourniquet. With that being said, the album isn't bad at all. It definitely has some good songs, but the song Michael Sweet did is by far and away the best on the album.

To Ted Kirkpatrick's credit, the signed cd was mailed promptly, and he even included a signed photo as a bonus.

My problem with the project was/is the communication. 

One the things I was supposed to receive was a digital download of the album. I never received it, and apparently I wasn't the only one. OK, so while that is disappointing, it still isn't what my complaint is about...after all, I am quite capable of ripping the CD myself (which I did) and editing the mp3 tags to include the correct info and even an album cover (which I did using TagScanner)....my complaint is that there was NO RESPONSE from Ted to any of the comments from people (including me) on the Kickstarter page asking about the downloads.  I even messaged him through Kickstarter several weeks after we were supposed to get them, and he never responded. 

I am a very patient man when it comes to these projects. Delays don't bother me. Blowing me off and ignoring me, that bothers me  Crying or Very sad

Ok..speaking of patience..that brings me to my second comment. This one is about the Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music project.

Actually, this "complaint" isn't about the band or the project, it's about some of the fans and their seeming lack of patience. I mean, really, do you need to start posting "where's my download?" at the stroke of midnight on release day? or start asking why you haven't received a shipping confirmation 3 days before the release? 

I get the fact that everyone is anxious to hear the album, and I am sure they are working on it. But man, show a little patience.  Shocked

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music Empty Re: Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:03 am

The Tourniquet Ark had a huge delay and I apparently forgot if I had pledged the music only or if I pledged a T-shirt. As Ted did not ask about size information, I guess I didn't. Just for the record, delays usually bothers me. I mean, one or two month delay is alright, but more than six months is too much.

My complaints are due to the delay and the many artcover changes during the process. The music itself is nothing but regular, I did not expect a new metal álbum and that what was delivered. On the other hand, the rerecording of Stereotax Atrocities is awesome and it made me remind how good Psycho Surgery was and I have listened to it a lot as if I was listening to a brand new álbum. I was blown away once again.

Last edited by Thiago-Brazil on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music Empty Re: Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:06 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:The Tourniquet Ark had a huge delay and I apparently forgot if I had pledged the music only or if I pledged a T-shirt. As Ted did not ask about size information, I guess I didn't

My complaints are due to the delay and the many artcover changes during the process. The music itself is nothing but regular, I did not expect a new metal álbum and that what was delivered. On teother hand though, the rerecording of Stereotax Atrocities is awesome and it made me remind how good Psycho Surgery was and I have listened to it a lot as if I was listening to a brand new álbum. I was blown away once again.

You can always log in to Kickstarter and see what you pledged.

I still have access to every Kickstarter project I ever backed, both funded and not funded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 am

NoOneIsHere wrote:
Thiago-Brazil wrote:The Tourniquet Ark had a huge delay and I apparently forgot if I had pledged the music only or if I pledged a T-shirt. As Ted did not ask about size information, I guess I didn't

My complaints are due to the delay and the many artcover changes during the process. The music itself is nothing but regular, I did not expect a new metal álbum and that what was delivered. On teother hand though, the rerecording of Stereotax Atrocities is awesome and it made me remind how good Psycho Surgery was and I have listened to it a lot as if I was listening to a brand new álbum. I was blown away once again.

I still have access to every Kickstarter project I ever backed, both funded and not funded.
Thanks. I took a look and saw that I did pledged a T-shirt. Has anyone received a t-shirt?

And it was funny to see the estimate deliver date: jan-14. It is an entire year late and I have got no response so far. This was the last time I backed a Kirkpatrick Project. I might support a new Tourniquet Project, though I will back with nothing more than a CD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:32 am

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:

Thanks. I took a look and saw that I did pledged a T-shirt. Has anyone received a t-shirt?

And it was funny to see the estimate deliver date: jan-14. It is an entire year late and I have got no response so far. This was the last time I backed a Kirkpatrick Project. I might support a new Tourniquet Project, though I will back with nothing more than a CD.

I think Jan 2014 was just a date they threw in there. That wasn't realistic.

It wasn't until late 2014 that the cd was finished and they released it.

Most of the experiences I have had with Kickstarter have been good. The Steve Taylor and Bloodgood projects were a ton of fun, and worth every penny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:35 am

What's funny is that the album cover I would have liked best was the original artwork for Kickstarter they did.

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music Photo-10

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:31 pm

I've only pledged to two kickstarter projects. One was for Solamors. Everything went pretty smoothly with them. They kept people informed and had a couple of delays. The other was Becoming the Archetype's tour. BTA had a lack of communication. It took me almost a year I think to finally get my stuff from them. This is one reason I can see having a label backing a band. Someone has to crack the whip.

That being said, I will probably not support another, because there is a reason most people are not running their own business: they suck at it. I'll wait until it gets done. Most of the perks aren't worth it.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Gandalf the White Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:36 pm

I pledged to Michael Knott's Rocket and a Bomb Live project - a live DVD of a few songs and the entire RAAB album, an mp3 download of the concert, and a new 4 or 5 songs EP on CD. The projected date was about a year but Michael had a heart attack around Christmas so it may be delayed.

That being said, a delay doesn't bother me if people communicate. I'll still support Michael and everything he does, but just talk to us and let us know what's going on.
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the White
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:57 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:...My problem with the project was/is the communication. 

One the things I was supposed to receive was a digital download of the album. I never received it, and apparently I wasn't the only one. OK, so while that is disappointing, it still isn't what my complaint is about...after all, I am quite capable of ripping the CD myself (which I did) and editing the mp3 tags to include the correct info and even an album cover (which I did using TagScanner)....my complaint is that there was NO RESPONSE from Ted to any of the comments from people (including me) on the Kickstarter page asking about the downloads.  I even messaged him through Kickstarter several weeks after we were supposed to get them, and he never responded. 

I am a very patient man when it comes to these projects. Delays don't bother me. Blowing me off and ignoring me, that bothers me  Crying or Very sad...
I also had a problem with the Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter downloads.

I THINK all the communication/updates were done on facebook.  I say "think" because I deleted my facebook account after supporting the project and before completion.  I posted several questions/requests on the KS page and got no response.  I opened a new facebook account and basically harassed Mr. Kirkpatrick on the facebook until I got my answer and downloads (he was very nice and apologetic about it).

A lot of these problems could have been avoided if updates had been done on the KS page, not just on fb.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:15 pm

bodachi wrote:
NoOneIsHere wrote:...My problem with the project was/is the communication. 

I am a very patient man when it comes to these projects. Delays don't bother me. Blowing me off and ignoring me, that bothers me  Crying or Very sad...
I also had a problem with the Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter downloads.

I THINK all the communication/updates were done on facebook.  I say "think" because I deleted my facebook account after supporting the project and before completion.  I posted several questions/requests on the KS page and got no response.  I opened a new facebook account and basically harassed Mr. Kirkpatrick on the facebook until I got my answer and downloads (he was very nice and apologetic about it).

A lot of these problems could have been avoided if updates had been done on the KS page, not just on fb.

He did some updates on KS, but at the end he just ignored us Sad

Glad you got your downloads ... I just wound up have to make my own (at least they are 320 doing them my way..lol)

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:39 pm

I didn't get the Tourniquet downloads either. I didn't ask for them either, as I thought I can wait for the CD to arrive and listen to the songs on Bandcamp until then. The CD arrived very quickly.

When I backed Tourniquet's Antiseptic Bloodbath, everything went fine. I got everything quick including the downloads, but I remember there were some people who didn't get everything at first. This seems to be a problem in Kickstarter campaigns in general. It seems in every project there are some who don't get their rewards until they've asked for them. I don't know how the Kickstarter system works, so I don't know if the project manager just sometimes don't get all the needed info, or if it's just all about the project manager's own mistakes (so many pledges that you just simply forget to address them all).

About Ted's use of the Kickstarter page... yeah, he didn't update that too often. Usually when an update arrived, it had already been on Facebook for quite some time. It almost seems like he often forgot the Kickstarted project page exists, and as soon as he remembered he put updates there too. I recall most of the updates, if not all, eventually appeared there too.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:40 pm

NoOneIsHere wrote:What's funny is that the album cover I would have liked best was the original artwork for Kickstarter they did.

Tourniquet Ark Kickstarter and Sweet & Lynch Pledge Music Photo-10
And so did I, dude.

Back to top Go down

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:04 pm

I support Kickstarter and Pledge Music all the time and have yet ty o have s major issue.

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cybergrinder Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:04 am

I backed the new disciple project. To date i have still received NOTHING. i did send emails through kickstarter, but still no joy. But i must praise Ted the onward to freedom project that i backed, was received promptly without any problem.
Cybergrinder
Cybergrinder
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down