The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

+30
cailen
Andreas89
BearDad
Kermit The Hermit
crucifyd
Wigeon
My Awesome Timothy
Nocturnal Servant
lhversaw
New Creation
jaydeecrawson
sentient 6
Fundy
Machine Fish
KaramKaram
Hardcore Christian
Sir Shred A Lot
Blake
bjorn agin
exo
timekeeper
TheOldMan2084
bodachi
strangerhoncho
alldatndensum
Staybrite
deathisgain
Airola
eatbugs
SpaceGuy
34 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM! Empty Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

Post by SpaceGuy Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:13 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/826349560/tourniquet-the-new-full-length-album

Has some pretty good rewards in the mix, including limited Early-Bird CD's at $10/ea!

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM! Empty Re: Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

Post by eatbugs Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:16 am

I just saw this too.  Normally I'd be all over this but I'm a little nervous about the lack of vocalist announcement.

...ok, after thinking about it for 30 seconds I pledged anyway.  It is Tourniquet after all and at the "early bird" price I'll risk it. Smile

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM! Empty Re: Tourniquet has a Kickstarter up for a NEW ALBUM!

Post by Airola Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:51 pm

I took the "VINYL - SUPER EARLY BIRD SPECIAL" reward.

Also:
"If this project is successfully funded, we will process your payment to Theodore Paul Kirkpatrick on:
Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:00 pm EDT"

Is that Ted's real name? I did not know that Shocked

Very Happy

EDIT:
I'd love to hear riffs with that guitar tone in the Kickstarter video.

Airola
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:40 pm

Airola wrote:I took the "VINYL - SUPER EARLY BIRD SPECIAL" reward.

I did that one too. 25 bucks for vinyl, CD and download was just too good to turn down.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:55 pm

I would like to hear more. Off of the last album, I dug about five songs.

What is the difference between the "SUPER CD EARLY BIRD SPECIAL" and the "GOTTA HAVE THE CD"?
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:31 pm

deathisgain wrote:
What is the difference between the "SUPER CD EARLY BIRD SPECIAL" and the "GOTTA HAVE THE CD"?

5 dollars.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.  The "Super CD Early Bird Special" is limited to 75 backers.  So in effect, when 75 people have pledged for the cd at the $10 price, anyone else who wants a cd will have to pay the $15 amount.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

5 dollars.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.  The "Super CD Early Bird Special" is limited to 75 backers.  So in effect, when 75 people have pledged for the cd at the $10 price, anyone else who wants a cd will have to pay the $15 amount.

Ha ha! Good one. That sounds like one of my responses.

I guess I didn't look at the amount of pledges. Makes sense.
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

I want to hear some of the finished music before I get this.  I think I will sit this Kickstarter out.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 pm

Staybrite wrote:
deathisgain wrote:

5 dollars.

Pretty much.

Although saving $5 is saving $5 when I know I will wind up getting it anyway.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by strangerhoncho Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:26 pm

Even though I haven't really dug any Tourniquet since the first 4 albums, I'll still support it based on those alone.  Since the value of those albums to me as a youth is incalculable.  I don't expect anything great out of this, but there's always hope.

The As the Story Grows podcast with Erik Mendez was heart-breaking because he said he, Victor, Guy, and Gary were all down to do a Tourniquet reunion tour in 2009ish but Ted didn't respond.  The world could have had greatness once again.  So sad.

strangerhoncho
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:27 am

Y'know, if they saved some of the profits from the last album, they would have enough to pay for the new one (kinda like Peter Jackson, et al, did making the Lord of the Rings films).  But, who likes to save money, right?

I pledged for the "cd early bird special".  There are still some available, and 4 people paid the full $15 to get the cd.  I also note that two people paid $20 for the cd and download...
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by TheOldMan2084 Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 am

Hope it gets funded, but I don't think I'll be kickstarting it. I'm a little nervous that it will be like Onward to Freedom which I didn't like at all. Loved Antiseptic Bloodbath though, so who knows?
TheOldMan2084
TheOldMan2084
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:39 am

strangerhoncho wrote:
The As the Story Grows podcast with Erik Mendez was heart-breaking because he said he, Victor, Guy, and Gary were all down to do a Tourniquet reunion tour in 2009ish but Ted didn't respond.  The world could have had greatness once again.  So sad.

I'd be interested to hear Ted's view on that!  Would have been great to see.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:45 am

bodachi wrote:Y'know, if they saved some of the profits from the last album, they would have enough to pay for the new one (kinda like Peter Jackson, et al, did making the Lord of the Rings films).  But, who likes to save money, right?

I pledged for the "cd early bird special".  There are still some available, and 4 people paid the full $15 to get the cd.  I also note that two people paid $20 for the cd and download...

How do you know that he had any profits from the last one?
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by bodachi Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:58 am

^Good point.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:35 am

I know it's been a year or two, but I miss unworthy around these parts. Every time I see Tourniquet mentioned, I think of him.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:47 am

Tourniquet is too "all over the map" for me to want to throw money towards a Kickstarter campaign.  Too much "meh" material for my tastes, they can't compete with other places in my life the money can go.  Just MY take on it......

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jaydeecrawson Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:34 pm

if Ted grew his mullet back out, I would support this.

I've said it *countless* times: he needs to get Guy or Gary back.

this could be HUGE if he did.

jaydeecrawson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:33 pm

exo wrote:Tourniquet is too "all over the map" for me to want to throw money towards a Kickstarter campaign.  Too much "meh" material for my tastes, they can't compete with other places in my life the money can go.  Just MY take on it......

Pretty much the same with me.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bjorn agin Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:06 am

Update from Ted regarding the new vocalist(s) for the new album:

Ted wrote:Hey everyone - I know most of you are wondering who the singer will be for the new Tourniquet album. Here's the best I have for you right now: The choice has been narrowed down to a very short list - all of whom are great vocalists. There will be awesome "singing" on the album, but 100% for sure - as there is on almost all Tourniquet albums - there will also be "screaming", "thrash vocals" - or whatever you want to call it. For me, some music just calls for a very aggressive delivery that only works with that style. I've said this before, but just because you stand up and yell into a mic doesn't mean you're any good at it (like if I would try to do it) much less that it sounds cool on an album. That being said, the "singer" and the "screamer" will likely be two different people, as you see in countless bands who effectively employ both types of vocals.
So - the vocals need to be "right" for THIS music, so that we can offer you the absolute best that we are able to. As a result, when the music is closer to completion will probably be when we are able to announce the vocalist(s).
Thank you to everyone who reserved a reward so far - not knowing just who will be doing the vocals. Your comments and messages like "Hey, it's Tourniquet - that's all I need to know." - are very encouraging. And for those who will "wait and see" until the vocalist(s) are announced - or even later - when the album is released - I fully understand and respect your choice.

I just kind of assumed that Aaron would be handling the aggressive vocals, but this makes me wonder.
bjorn agin
bjorn agin
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:46 pm

It sounds to me like Mattie will return

New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:22 pm

New Creation wrote:It sounds to me like Mattie will return
Tourniquet becomes a "core" band, man would that make people riot or what? Razz
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:33 am

Well, call me surprised, but I honestly thought this would be funded by now.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:06 am

Me, I look at the number of backers thus far and realize once again just how relatively SMALL the number of people actually interested classic Christian metal bands really is.  makes me think that there's not much room left for the old guard doing things in the "old" ways where it costs as much as a car to produce an album.  Kickstarter and gofundme type sites are the ONLY way those bands have a chance to keep putting music out there.....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Blake Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:14 am

strangerhoncho wrote:Even though I haven't really dug any Tourniquet since the first 4 albums, I'll still support it based on those alone.  Since the value of those albums to me as a youth is incalculable.  I don't expect anything great out of this, but there's always hope.

I thought Gary was a devout atheist now, or did that change? I guess it wouldn't be the first time a non-Christian wanted to be in a Christian band
Blake
Blake
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://reanimatedradio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next