The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken)

+4
Kerrick
Through The Dark Radio
Albert Bell
metaldude
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken) - Page 2 Empty Re: Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken)

Post by metaldude Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:29 am

L8T wrote:Yes, he does deserve better!   He Owned Jacob's Field in the 90's.

Just sayin'
Now he owns obscurity in sports history.  geek
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken) - Page 2 Empty Re: Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken)

Post by Albert Bell Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:54 pm

Hi guys, finally managed to get the the shipping costs to the US for the bundle...the t-shirt plus cd will cost 31.50 Euros to ship out to the US..breakdown as follows: cd+t-shirt 25 Euros. Postage 6.50..total 31.50 Euros (I know my math well, no? haha...) ..if any of you are interested please pm me here or drop me a line of the official Sacro Sanctus FB page:
www.facebook.com/AlbertBellsSacroSanctus. There's a pic of the t-shirt on the page if you guys want to have a look...but rest assured that they are handsome beasts! haha...

I will also get you the rates for just the cd or the t-shirt if you wish...prices are 12 Euros and 13Euros respectively till the 30th November 2014. So get your orders in now for the discount.

...and yes, I do think "Doom Master" or "Supreme Grandmaster of the Holiest Chapter of Old School DOOM" would do nicely Kerrick please!! haha ;-) ...was never a big metalcore fan after all...urrrgghhh! hahaahaha
Albert Bell
Albert Bell
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:22 pm

Just wanted to confirm that Sacro Sanctus is considered a secular project, right?

Wish I could find the lyrics to Deus Volt.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:30 pm

I asked Albert about that a while ago via facebook message (so I could put this thread in the right location haha) and here's his reply:

Albert Bell, Supreme Grandmaster of the Holiest Chapter of Old School DOOM wrote:Nomad Son and Forsaken you could say are doom bands that remain strongly inspired by Christian theology and scripture...with this project..my approach in the lyrics is somewhat different...it documents a fictional/historical tale related to the knights templars and their adversaries in the crusades - the fatimids...the first part of the album treats how the elite of the fatimid dynasty conjure and use dark forces in their rise to power and domination only then to be met with the Templars and other holy orders in the middle east...the knights of St John and the knights of Outremer...so there is a clash of opposing forces on the album if you will...the clash between darkness and light...which is always and perhaps the most over-arching concept in my lyrics
ut if you take the songs separately...e.g the first three..The Tears of Ishtar, Arcana Imperii (Invisible power) and Beatification of the dead...the lyrical themes on them are very, very, dark...then the templars come into the fray on the fourth track "Ordo Templaris" onwards...clashing with the fatimids on "At the horns of Hattin" (which is were the album turns quite historical drawing directly from historical fact) to "Defender of the Holy Cross" (guess you can't get more white metal than this! haha!) and then the album closere "Deus Volt" (God Wills It) which documents Christianity's triumph in the third crusade...so as you can see there are various shades to the album...not sure if you can describe it as a Christian metal album though..since there are very dark shades to it and this time I'm more in the story telling mold rather than positing philosophical/spiritual writings...hope this makes things clear somewhat...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:15 pm

It's nice to get a clear, straight to the point answer to a question.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Bell Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:04 pm

Hey Kerrick and all!...here's to wish you all a very happy Christmas! (and happy holidays for the rest...sorry for being politically incorrect! haha).

Glad to see such a positive response to the Sacro Sanctus album.  you can get the cd for 18.75 US dollars (including shipping)..send your orders via paypal to albertbell@rocketmail.com

I can also work out a good price for both the t-shirts and cd if you're interested.
Sorry for the self-promotion guys.
Kerrick did your parcel arrive?
Albert Bell
Albert Bell
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:07 pm

Yes I've read great things about it so far!  Unfortunately it hasn't come in the mail just yet, though I'm eagerly watching my mail box.  cyclops

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Bell Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:28 pm

It should reach you soon Kerrick..probably got caught in the Christmas post...let me know when it gets there bud..cheers for all. Very Happy
Albert Bell
Albert Bell
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:06 pm

Will do Albert!  Can't wait til it does. Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:26 pm

This arrived yesterday, much to my delight:

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken) - Page 2 1959707_10152835193271708_3598753877983616587_n

(The beer came from my fridge, but it just seemed appropriate to include in the picture haha.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:06 am

Someone's having a very doomy Christmas.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:14 pm

In the best way possible!  Rockin Loud

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:12 pm

I've been in a Maltese DOOM metal mood lately!  Most recent albums have been:

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus - Deus Volt
Forsaken - Dominaeon
Forsaken - Anima Mundi

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:44 pm

I finally got this album and, I have to say, I underestimated just how good it would be.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:29 pm

metaldude wrote:I finally got this album and, I have to say, I underestimated just how good it would be.

cheers Metal 1   Right on.  Yeah it's been getting pretty regular play in the King household and car.  afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Kerrick wrote:P.P.S.  Do you know if the lady wielding the hammer in the video I posted is single?  Razz
I knew someone would say it

lol!  Thumbs up
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:48 pm

Im a little late to this thread arent I
Razz Spam
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:49 pm

lol!  Hahahaha yeah...  But that's ok.  Very Happy

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:03 am

According to Albert's FB page, recording for the next album has already begun.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:28 am

I saw that!  Very good news indeed.  afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:11 pm

Kerrick wrote:I asked Albert about that a while ago via facebook message (so I could put this thread in the right location haha) and here's his reply:

Albert Bell, Supreme Grandmaster of the Holiest Chapter of Old School DOOM wrote:Nomad Son and Forsaken you could say are doom bands that remain strongly inspired by Christian theology and scripture...with this project..my approach in the lyrics is somewhat different...it documents a fictional/historical tale related to the knights templars and their adversaries in the crusades - the fatimids...the first part of the album treats how the elite of the fatimid dynasty conjure and use dark forces in their rise to power and domination only then to be met with the Templars and other holy orders in the middle east...the knights of St John and the knights of Outremer...so there is a clash of opposing forces on the album if you will...the clash between darkness and light...which is always and perhaps the most over-arching concept in my lyrics
ut if you take the songs separately...e.g the first three..The Tears of Ishtar, Arcana Imperii (Invisible power) and Beatification of the dead...the lyrical themes on them are very, very, dark...then the templars come into the fray on the fourth track "Ordo Templaris" onwards...clashing with the fatimids on "At the horns of Hattin" (which is were the album turns quite historical drawing directly from historical fact) to "Defender of the Holy Cross" (guess you can't get more white metal than this! haha!) and then the album closere "Deus Volt" (God Wills It) which documents Christianity's triumph in the third crusade...so as you can see there are various shades to the album...not sure if you can describe it as a Christian metal album though..since there are very dark shades to it and this time I'm more in the story telling mold rather than positing philosophical/spiritual writings...hope this makes things clear somewhat...

I sure do like the music and vocals, but guess this a " no " on the Christian content. Now, I would still listen to this, but I won't be looking for any biblical based topics per se. The crusades are very, very interesting as history, but have nothing to say about the biblical Church.
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:31 pm

Today is the day... Ad Aeternum has been released. O Doomy Day...    Metal 3

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:04 am

Aww YEAH!  \m/  I am stoked!  Can't wait for this one to be in my hands.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon May 02, 2016 10:34 am

Kerrick wrote:Aww YEAH!  \m/  I am stoked!  Can't wait for this one to be in my hands.
You can pick up a digital copy from Bandcamp for about $6. That should hold you over til you get home.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Albert Bell Mon May 02, 2016 8:41 pm

Albert Bell's Sacro Sanctus (for fans of Nomad Son and Forsaken) - Page 2 Momr1610
Hey fellow doom templars!! It's certainly been a while since I last posted here...but as you can see I've been pretty busy...the new Sacro Sanctus album "Ad Aeternum" was released last friday by my erstwhile collaborators Metal on Metal Records.  Here's the video I did for the title track...hope you enjoy it...t-shirts with the above artwork and the cd are also available from my end..drop me a message here or drop by the Sacro Sanctus page on facebook www.facebook.com/AlbertBellsSacroSanctus or email me at albertbell@rocketmail.com. The t-shirt and cd bundle cost 25 Euros excluding postage. 

Albert Bell
Albert Bell
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next