The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture"

4 posters

Go down

Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture" Empty Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture"

Post by Constantine Tue May 28, 2024 11:46 am

Anyone know much about Anette Olzon from Nightwish?   

She is supposedly a Christian, and her new album "Rapture" has some Christian-y lyrics....but sometimes her train of thought or theology are inconsistent and puzzling.   I'm not sure what to make of her lyrics, like if you read the ones to "Day Of Wrath"....I'm not sure what point of view she is going for here.

The lyrics to "Rapture" are better.   Haven't checked out the others yet.

A friend brought this album to my attention.  I'm not much of a symphonic metal fan but would be thrilled if there were more world-class ones with faith-based lyrics and message.  

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture" Empty Re: Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture"

Post by Pethead Tue May 28, 2024 12:07 pm

I’m a big fan of both Anette and symphonic metal, so I’m intrigued by this.

I know she is a professing Christian, but I don’t know many details about that.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture" Empty Re: Anette Olzon (Nightwish) - Her New Symphonic Metal Album Album "Rapture"

Post by Sevenoneself Tue May 28, 2024 12:17 pm

These songs sound great! I love symphonic metal.

I have never listened to a ton of Nightwish's earlier albums; I need to, because I like the few albums I've listened to and I've heard that Anette was a GREAT singer for them. On a non-vocal note, I have been a bit disappointed with the lack of good guitar solos on the albums I've listened to.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue May 28, 2024 1:15 pm

The lyrics of Nightwish don't comport well with being a Christian, seems odd.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 28, 2024 1:24 pm

Black Rider wrote:The lyrics of Nightwish don't comport well with being a Christian, seems odd.
Interesting.  I've never looked at their lyrics, but their image seemed dark to me.   But I generally am okay with the late 80's/90's Gothic bands.

I do wonder if she is trying to make faith-based lyrics or if these are just vague, pseudo-Christian, stream-of-consciousness stuff. If anyone gets a chance to look at her lyrics, I'll be curious to see what anyone else thinks.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down