The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet? Empty Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet?

Post by StarFire Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:36 pm

Just wondering if there are any Nightwish fans on this site that's gotten to listen to the new Nightwish album? I had mine preordered but haven't received it yet.

I've enjoyed most of their past music but this one has kind of sparked my interest hearing about some of the controversy concerning the lyrics. From what I'm hearing, its strongly themed around evolution and has guest appearances from Richard Dawkins.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet? Empty Re: Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet?

Post by Friday13th Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:24 pm

Honestly, I only really like Oceanborn. Everything after that has been meh for me. I heard the first single and it sounded even more generic than Storytime. Thanks for the heads up on Dawkins, though. Now I know I definitely won't like it Smile
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet? Empty Re: Anyone get the new Nightwish album yet?

Post by StarFire Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Sure!

I'm kind of regretting ordering it myself.

No problem. Smile

Lately I've been watching videos of Tuamos and it sounds like he's very much holds the same mindset as Dawkins.

And I do agree with you that Nightwish's last few albums musically haven't been nearly as good as their earlier stuff with Tarja. Ocean Born was great along with Wishmaster and Once.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:04 am

Once is okay. I felt like they were often trying to be heavy for heaviness sake. I am intrigued by the new singer from After Forever though. She good!
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:13 am

I don't know. I really liked Once. To each their own I guess.

And I agree the new singer is great. I think she's a much better fit for the band.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer12 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:12 am

I've got it. And I personally think of it as at least to me if Imaginaerum and Dark Passion Play had a baby and the new cd is the offspring. I haven't listen to the whole thing yet though especially the massive 24 minute end song but to me Floor Jansen has been directed to sing in a very powerful but more accessible pop style especially on the first couple of songs on the cd. Dawkins does narrative throughout the cd as far as what I've listened too so far which is the first four songs. I've found myself being more of a casual fan now this cd is just very I don't know the right word I am trying to get at I want to say Tuamos or however you spell his name is a bit arrogant on this one with his theology or worship and praise of nature it just kind of rubs me wrong. Get it and listen to it for what it is. It's big in production, pompous and bombastic but Once and Oceanborn are so much better.
Believer12
Believer12
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:40 am

Believer12 wrote:I've got it. And I personally think of it as at least to me if Imaginaerum and Dark Passion Play had a baby and the new cd is the offspring. I haven't listen to the whole thing yet though especially the massive 24 minute end song but to me Floor Jansen has been directed to sing in a very powerful but more accessible pop style especially on the first couple of songs on the cd. Dawkins does narrative throughout the cd as far as what I've listened too so far which is the first four songs. I've found myself being more of a casual fan now this cd is just very I don't know the right word I am trying to get at I want to say Tuamos or however you spell his name is a bit arrogant on this one with his theology or worship and praise of nature it just kind of rubs me wrong. Get it and listen to it for what it is. It's big in production, pompous and bombastic but Once and Oceanborn are so much better.
I've been playing it the last couple of days now and I completely agree your assessment.

I was also disappointed at how arrogant Tuamos came off as in the interviews concerning religion and people of faith. I never realized he was like that in Nightwish's past works.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Believer12 Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 am

It shocked me too bro. There's actually video of him on youtube professing to be a Christian and from what I've read I think one of his grandparents was a pastor so if true he has a knowledge of the faith it's just something happened to change his mind.
Believer12
Believer12
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFire Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:55 am

Wow! That's really sad.
StarFire
StarFire
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down