The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal?

+2
Temple of Blood
Christian Thrash Rules
6 posters

Go down

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal? Empty Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:19 am

Right now I use a Boss Metal Core but I want something a little better for thrash, any recommendations? I would like a pedal with a three band EQ (Bass, Mids, Treble) because the Metal Core only has two (Bass, Treble).
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal? Empty Re: Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal?

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:39 am

It's definitely not the pink Thrash Master pedal, trust me.

I would guess it was the Metal Zone.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal? Empty Re: Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal?

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:It's definitely not the pink Thrash Master pedal, trust me.

The Metal Zone is very hard to use and if you don't know how to use it it sounds bad. What does your band use? Pedals or amps.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:07 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:It's definitely not the pink Thrash Master pedal, trust me.

The Metal Zone is very hard to use and if you don't know how to use it it sounds bad. What does your band use? Pedals or amps.

amps
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:28 am

Temple of Blood wrote:

amps
I didn't see how my question sounded lol. I meant what kind of amps or pedals does your band use.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Sevenoneself and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:08 pm

I've been using a metalzone for 22 years. But I've never played in a touring thrash band. But my whole album is recorded with an MT-2 at full gain.

I've heard that the modded metalzones are much better and that the waza craft version's custom mode includes the mod. So I'm planning to get that soon.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:51 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

amps
I didn't see how my question sounded lol. I meant what kind of amps or pedals does your band use.

Peavey XXX + 4x12 Mesa Boogie cab
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:27 pm

I didn't like the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.  Too noisy and fizzy and hard to control.  Sold it.

Have you tried the MXR Fullbore Metal M116?   That was better but I sold that too, as I don't play thrash.  
Got it in a trade and was happy to at least try it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:03 pm

The Zakk Wylde pedal is pretty good.
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:43 am

Constantine wrote:I didn't like the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone.  Too noisy and fizzy and hard to control.  Sold it.

Have you tried the MXR Fullbore Metal M116?   That was better but I sold that too, as I don't play thrash.  
Got it in a trade and was happy to at least try it.
I looked it up and based on the reviews it can play every sub-genre of metal. I might try it.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:43 am

I also just discovered this.

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal? 777752_5d8731ba2083465092ba2a8e81feaf06~mv2
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:59 am

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I also just discovered this.

Best Distortion Guitar Pedal For Thrash Metal? 777752_5d8731ba2083465092ba2a8e81feaf06~mv2

I wonder how it sounds? 

It seems gimmicky (with the NY and Bag Area modes), but it could be cool!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:01 am

TZ75 wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:I also just discovered this.

I wonder how it sounds? 

It seems gimmicky (with the NY and Bag Area modes), but it could be cool!
I watched a video and it sounds pretty good!
https://youtu.be/zsdkTl4dT-A
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

TZ75 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bahana Thu Apr 04, 2024 4:18 pm

It's not cheap, but my ISP Theta preamp pedal can get any kind of distortion you can think of and has built-in noise reduction (decimator).
Bahana
Bahana
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:25 pm

Bahana wrote:It's not cheap, but my ISP Theta preamp pedal can get any kind of distortion you can think of and has built-in noise reduction (decimator).
You're right it's not cheap. I would def consider it... if my board had space lol.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:22 pm

Just because I can,I'm gonna defend the MetalZone!

I use an fx loop for my "noisy" pedals--one distortion, one overdrive, and one amp modeler--and it's capably handled the noise of the metalzone. I've played around with a few other high gain pedals through the years and they have all required a noisegate.

I'm not saying that there aren't better pedals or other great distortion pedals out there. I'm just saying that I like the metalzone!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:44 pm

If I was just starting out with a pedalboard today, I'd get a good quality multi-fx pedal. Their quality defies A-B comparisons, and you can try all the pedals out without spending an extra dime. Christian Thrash, I think you're a young guy, so it might be the best thing to save up your dinero and go this route. If I come into a bunch of money in the next 10 years I'll definitely consider doing this.
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:02 pm

Sevenoneself wrote:If I was just starting out with a pedalboard today, I'd get a good quality multi-fx pedal. Their quality defies A-B comparisons, and you can try all the pedals out without spending an extra dime. Christian Thrash, I think you're a young guy, so it might be the best thing to save up your dinero and go this route. If I come into a bunch of money in the next 10 years I'll definitely consider doing this.
Ok. Yeah I'm 15. My pedal board I've been told is amazing for my age, all my gear in general really. I have like 7 guitars, 4 amps(One I never use because it's for beginners and only one is a tube amp), and 11 pedals(including the tuner).
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down