The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impellitteri- Pedal To The Metal?

+4
Frozen Fire
Soldier777
Black Rider
GACatmandu
8 posters

Go down

Impellitteri- Pedal To The Metal? Empty Impellitteri- Pedal To The Metal?

Post by GACatmandu Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 pm

So, I just got this CD Pedal To The Metal for the first time in the mail yesterday, and listened to most of it for the first time ever this morning. I don't really know what to think of it compared to all their other CD's, as it seems quite a bit different to me, I have to get use to it. 

What do you all think of this CD?

Granted my favorite CD's by Impellitteri are Stand In Line, System X, and Grin And Bear It in that order. Anyone have any thoughts on Pedal To The Metal to share?

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Impellitteri- Pedal To The Metal? Empty Re: Impellitteri- Pedal To The Metal?

Post by Black Rider Fri May 17, 2019 10:41 pm

It's a'ight. very downtuned for Chris so it is different then most his other stuff, almost Panteraish at times. Also, the language was jolting at first.
You don't like Rob that much eh?
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Fri May 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Black Rider wrote:It's a'ight. very downtuned for Chris so it is different then most his other stuff, almost Panteraish at times. Also, the language was jolting at first.
It's not that I don't like him, but I do think he is overrated quite a bit.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat May 18, 2019 12:17 am

Impellitteri is one of my favorite bands. I have all of their albums, including EPs  on CD except for Pedal to the Metal and System X. Whne considering the full length albums, my favs are Answer to the Master, Screaming Symphony, Eye of the Hurricane and the last 3. Pedal was an experimental album for them. Stand in Line and Grin and Bear It were more commercial and the rest of their albums were more shred/technical/progressive.

Chris has exceptional musicians play on his albums like Rob Rock, Graham Bonnet, Glenn Sobel, John Dette, Chuck Wright, etc.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 am

Soldier777 wrote:Impellitteri is one of my favorite bands. I have all of their albums, including EPs  on CD except for Pedal to the Metal and System X. Whne considering the full length albums, my favs are Answer to the Master, Screaming Symphony, Eye of the Hurricane and the last 3. Pedal was an experimental album for them. Stand in Line and Grin and Bear It were more commercial and the rest of their albums were more shred/technical/progressive.

Chris has exceptional musicians play on his albums like Rob Rock, Graham Bonnet, Glenn Sobel, John Dette, Chuck Wright, etc.
I have Live Fast Loud (which is technically a bootleg) but a kind of official bootleg, and a live CD(bootleg that is from the Venom Japanese Tour. Do you have any of the Live bootleg CD's? There are really quite a few of them.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Sat May 18, 2019 3:59 am

I think a good half of the album is stellar and very much in the classic Impelliteri vein. Other tracks range from ok (often trying a bit too hard to be modern) to the horrid rap rock P.U.N.K. (Worst impellitteri song by a good margin).  I actually would enjoy the song Hurricane if not for the goofy sound effects and cheeseball lyrics. The main riff is great and I enjoy Curtis' vocals but in the end it just doesn't work. 

On a side note, the horrible cover art isn't doing the album any favors either. Derek Riggs was a legend in the 80s but his CGI stuff through the late 90's and early 2000's wasn't any good. This is one of his worst, if not the worst I've seen.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Mon May 20, 2019 4:26 pm

GACatmandu, I have the Live Fast Loud bootleg CD as well.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Ammocas Tue May 21, 2019 4:32 am

Impellitteri is one of my favorite bands but Pedal to the Metal is probably my least favorite album by them. I just didn’t care for the music and didn’t like the rapcore song... it just seemed out of character for Impellitteri...also, I agree with Frozen Fire about the album cover...it didn’t do any favors for the album at all...but hey, it’s been years since I listened to this, so I think I’m gonna have to dig it out and give it a listen.
Ammocas
Ammocas
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 am

GACatmandu wrote:
Black Rider wrote:It's a'ight. very downtuned for Chris so it is different then most his other stuff, almost Panteraish at times. Also, the language was jolting at first.
As far as I am concerned, he didn't make millions of dollars as a professional singer, and I guess he couldn't make a living out of it, and has a daily job, so how can he be overrated?

He is one of the most Underrated singers in history, undoubtedly.
Maybe on another thread, in another day, a could name a few overrated singers. But only if I get the mood for an argument.

Back to top Go down

Post by GACatmandu Sat May 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Thiago-Brazil wrote:
GACatmandu wrote:
As far as I am concerned, he didn't make millions of dollars as a professional singer, and I guess he couldn't make a living out of it, and has a daily job, so how can he be overrated?

He is one of the most Underrated singers in history, undoubtedly.
Maybe on another thread, in another day, a could name a few overrated singers. But only if I get the mood for an argument.
What does the amount of money one makes have to do with if they are overrated or not? I do know that in the groups I have been involved with were Impellitteri is talked about Rob is talked about like he is absolutely the top of the heep  as a lead singer, and I happen to not really agree with that thought, therefore to me he is overrated.

GACatmandu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Overrated means his talent is overestimated. Those in that situation are supposed to get more recognition from the media, and the bigger payments.

That's not the case, as even his solo career didn't took off as expected for a singer with such talent. He is definetely underrated.

Of course, in an interview, Chris is supposed to spot the light on the band's qualities, as he is trying to "sell" the record to the audience.

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Wed May 29, 2019 9:26 pm

I have always liked Pedal to the Metal. Yes, some songs are not too good, but I have always liked Crushing Daze, The Writings On The Wall, Propaganda Mind, Destruction and Stay Tonight.

And the album sounds great, always liked that big and powerful sound of it. 

Rob is my favorite Impellitteri singer, but I like Curtis as well.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe C Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:54 am

I have all the Impellitteri albums with Rob Rock. Grin And Bear It is my favorite
Rob's solo albums are all outstanding. Holy Hell is my favorite.
Joe C
Joe C
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:22 am

Joe C wrote:I have all the Impellitteri albums with Rob Rock. Grin And Bear It is my favorite
Rob's solo albums are all outstanding. Holy Hell is my favorite.
I can't get into Grin and Bear it. Too bluesy...

Even though, I really enjoy the songs Ball and Chain(love that guitar riff on the chorus) and Power of Love.

Back to top Go down

Post by scottmitchell74 Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:24 pm

I love this album, but then it's Impellitteri.
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Black Rider and MagnusPrime like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down