The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

+22
Lofcaudio77
vitão777
Temple of Blood
Ammocas
scottmitchell74
Christian Thrash Rules
L8T
KaramKaram
QuothTheRaven
Sevenoneself
Kerrick
CrimsonWarrior
Son of Nun
oldschooldoom
StevenCressler
Drawnsword
TZ75
WildWorld
Pethead
Black Rider
seth
MagnusPrime
26 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 am

oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 Empty Re: What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]?

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 9:36 am

Ah I see. That's a dislikable post. Sad That whole situation is so unjust...

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 02, 2024 10:07 am

HUH

What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 XTb8WTU
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am

Oh haha that was meant for BR. I didn't notice it went to the next page.  Embarassed Razz

(gotta love Taxi Driver though!)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and oldschooldoom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 02, 2024 10:29 am

^ LOL, happens to the best of us

Praying Mantis - Defiance (2024)
What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 PDzqMrGl
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Kerrick like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 02, 2024 11:25 am

Unleash the Archers: Apex
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 02, 2024 11:29 am

Italian Heavy Metal
What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 RbK151Fl
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Thu May 02, 2024 12:26 pm

New Swedish metal band. Me thinks something was lost in translation Razz
More appropriate from Queen
 What Are You Listening To Right Now [Secular]? - Page 19 RFS5CCPl
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 pm

^^I kinda want to check that out just for the band name.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

oldschooldoom, Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu May 02, 2024 12:43 pm

It's generic, NWOBHM inspired rock.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

oldschooldoom likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 02, 2024 12:58 pm

Asunder: A Clarion Call
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 1:09 pm

Pethead wrote:Asunder: A Clarion Call

Nice pick.  That (or maybe Ahab's debut, I don't remember) was my intro to funeral doom.  Twilight Amaranthine is a masterpiece.  I've met the main guy John Gossard a few times at shows for his black metal band Dispirit though unfortunately never got to see Asunder.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 02, 2024 1:22 pm

I think I started with Thergothon’s Stream from the Heavens.

Funeral doom rules.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 02, 2024 1:54 pm

Doom can't seem to stick with me. I like BS self-titled but I'm not sure if that's full doom or not. Also, isn't doom connected to drone metal?
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 2:21 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Doom can't seem to stick with me. I like BS self-titled but I'm not sure if that's full doom or not. Also, isn't doom connected to drone metal?

Disliked!   Razz  Dooooooom is the best haha.

I never got into Black Sabbath because their lyrics are sorta all over the place spiritually, so I can't say.  I've never really explored drone metal either, but yeah I think it's basically a combo of stripped down funeral doom and ambient.

Morgion was my intro to doom (doom/death, specifically).  I remember the first time hearing this song I literally got chills.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Pethead and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 02, 2024 3:13 pm

Kerrick wrote:
Christian Thrash Rules wrote:Doom can't seem to stick with me. I like BS self-titled but I'm not sure if that's full doom or not. Also, isn't doom connected to drone metal?

Disliked!   Razz  Dooooooom is the best haha.

I never got into Black Sabbath because their lyrics are sorta all over the place spiritually, so I can't say.  I've never really explored drone metal either, but yeah I think it's basically a combo of stripped down funeral doom and ambient.

Morgion was my intro to doom (doom/death, specifically).  I remember the first time hearing this song I literally got chills.

https://open.spotify.com/track/7BzthK5pl4Z75h5eO3AtFK?si=c486f5658e0f467c
Here's drone  Very Happy
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu May 02, 2024 3:21 pm

BS is proto-doom.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by StevenCressler Thu May 02, 2024 3:24 pm

Kerrick wrote:I never got into Black Sabbath because their lyrics are sorta all over the place spiritually

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but while Sabbath certainly has many songs about Satan, I'm pretty sure they're all portraying him in a negative light and any message would more be a warning. There might be one I don't know about though.
StevenCressler
StevenCressler
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://www.youtube.com/@trickshotsmoviesandcubing2317/videos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 pm

Thergothon: Stream from the Heavens
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by WildWorld Thu May 02, 2024 3:27 pm

StevenCressler wrote:
Kerrick wrote:I never got into Black Sabbath because their lyrics are sorta all over the place spiritually

Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but while Sabbath certainly has many songs about Satan, I'm pretty sure they're all portraying him in a negative light and any message would more be a warning. There might be one I don't know about though.
The only "satanic" song I'm aware of is Breaking Into Heaven, which could be construed more as a villain song (still dont like it though).

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 3:49 pm

StevenCressler wrote:

You may be right.  It was a loooooooong time ago when I was looking into their lyrics.  I remember a picture on the back of one of their albums (or possibly an Ozzy solo album?) with Ozzy and some crosses - both inverted and upright.  I don't believe any of their members are practicing Christians but write spiritually-themed lyrics which gives me pause.  That being said, I still listen to Maiden despite some of their off-base lyrics, so I realize I may be a bit hypocritical here.

Tyrant
Tyrant

StevenCressler likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 02, 2024 3:56 pm

Kerrick wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

You may be right.  It was a loooooooong time ago when I was looking into their lyrics.  I remember a picture on the back of one of their albums (or possibly an Ozzy solo album?) with Ozzy and some crosses - both inverted and upright.  I don't believe any of their members are practicing Christians but write spiritually-themed lyrics which gives me pause.  That being said, I still listen to Maiden despite some of their off-base lyrics, so I realize I may be a bit hypocritical here.
If I'm correct, the upside down cross isn't actually satanic. That's how one of the disciples was killed, because he didn't feel worthy to die the same way as Jesus or something. I could be wrong.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 02, 2024 3:58 pm

The Killers - Hot Fuss
One of (if not the best) Indie/Alt. album ever. The reason I don't just say it is the best is because of Superunknown. But that album is full Alt. Hot Fuss is Indie/Alt.
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu May 02, 2024 4:07 pm

Christian Thrash Rules wrote:
Kerrick wrote:
StevenCressler wrote:

If I'm correct, the upside down cross isn't actually satanic. That's how one of the disciples was killed, because he didn't feel worthy to die the same way as Jesus or something. I could be wrong.

Historically you're right: Peter asked to be crucified upside down for that reason.  But these days I think it's primarily a sign for anti-Christianity (try to count how many inverted crosses are in anti-Christian black metal bands' logos! Evil or Very Mad ).  I highly doubt Ozzy/BS intended it those inverted crosses to be referencing Peter's reverence for Jesus, but I'd happily be proved wrong!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Black Rider and StevenCressler like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Thrash Rules Thu May 02, 2024 4:09 pm

I know that it's a modern sign for Satanism but it wasn't meant to be. Ghost's logo is a good example. And Death
Christian Thrash Rules
Christian Thrash Rules
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next