The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album

+3
jusma
Superjuice
KaramKaram
7 posters

Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album Empty Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album

Post by KaramKaram Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:12 am

BoP is dropping a new album in April, and you can preorder it already. Plus, there's a fresh single included (released 3 weeks ago, lol) - check it out here:

https://lotsofmuzik.com/balance-of-power-makes-a-comeback-with-their-latest-album-fresh-from-the-abyss/

From what I recall, they were either a Christian band or had some Christian members in the mix. Let me know if I should take this convo to a different part of the forum.
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

oldschooldoom and Ammocas like this post

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album Empty Re: Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album

Post by Superjuice Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:58 am

Big fan of the Lance King era, definitely more in the Christian-friendly side of things.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Ammocas likes this post

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album Empty Re: Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" new album

Post by jusma Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:44 pm

Well this was a surprise, thanks for sharing. For years I have waited new music from BoP and now it’s on it’s way. But not sure what to say really. Female vocals? Doesn’t sound bad but it’s a bit odd having female vocals. The song itself is more like hard rock, not so metal. Not a big fan of the guitar tone.

They only have two original members left in the band, so to me this is more like a new band with an old name. Let’s wait for some more.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:04 pm

Yeah, it's disappointing me, doesn't really sound like the old stuff.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:24 am

Haven't listened yet but I'm surprised at the change because I would have expected another Lance King outing.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:52 am

Constantine wrote:Haven't listened yet but I'm surprised at the change because I would have expected another Lance King outing.

Don't hold your breath, Lance has stated in the past that he will never work with those guys again. Of course Jimmy Brown once said that he would put Deliverance back together when Satan repents! 😃
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:58 am

Pro-Zak wrote:
Constantine wrote:Haven't listened yet but I'm surprised at the change because I would have expected another Lance King outing.

Don't hold your breath, Lance has stated in the past that he will never work with those guys again. Of course Jimmy Brown once said that he would put Deliverance back together when Satan repents! 😃

Do you know what happened, why did Lance say that?
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:13 pm

jusma wrote:
Pro-Zak wrote:

Do you know what happened, why did Lance say that?

Lance told me a long time ago that he would never forgive them, never got the details of the whole brew-ha. I haven't spoken to him in years and have no idea of what he's up to these days, I do remember that his views on spirituality were getting rather bizarre. He once tried to make the case for reincarnation from scripture citing the passage where the disciples asked Jesus about the man born blind, if he or his parents sinned. Obviously the man born blind couldn't have sinned before he was born, unless...perhaps they thought it retroactive...🤔
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and jusma like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Second Wind Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:31 pm

Last time I heard about Lance King, he was about to release a solo album through a crowdfunding project. I am not sure if he made it or not.

Anyway, though I have no interest in nothing BoP has released without lance, I could take a listen to it on Spotify.

Second Wind
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Pro-Zak likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:44 pm

Second Wind wrote:Last time I heard about Lance King, he was about to release a solo album through a crowdfunding project. I am not sure if he made it or not.

Apparently he did, back in 2019...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:06 pm

Lance has certainly lent his talents to many projects/bands...02.20.2024
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by KaramKaram Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:45 am

KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:52 am

They're trying to sound like Halestorm. Pretty generic.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:22 am

Abyss sounds like it could have been on Heathen Machine. It sounds like it’s from that era. I can imagine the Heathen Machine era vocalist (can’t remember his name) singing this song. I like the keyboard solo (actually there’s no keyboard player in the band..) and the guitar solo is well played as well.

But, the female vocals just don’t fit into Balance of Power imo.
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:04 am

That is bloody awful, like Eva O joining Narnia! 😱
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down