The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead

4 posters

Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead Empty Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead

Post by KaramKaram Wed Apr 10, 2024 5:18 pm

Balance of Power has delivered a solid album. While it’s no repeat of past glories, Fresh from the Abyss does manage to modernize without losing all connection to what came before. The musicianship is strong—as one would expect from this band. Hazel’s vocals receive a lot of prominence in the mix, and for good reason—she is simply excellent. The songs are almost all hooky and it won’t take many listens for them to rattle around in your head. If fans can embrace the modernizing of Balance of Power, they should find a lot to like about Fresh from the Abyss.

https://lotsofmuzik.com/balance-of-power-fresh-from-the-abyss-album-review-by-curtis-j-dupree/

Rockin Loud
KaramKaram
KaramKaram
Deadpool
Deadpool

https://lotsofmuzik.com/

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead Empty Re: Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:06 am

The new album has dropped. I am listening now.
Pretty much the way you summed it.
I like the new BOP
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead Empty Re: Balance of Power "Fresh from the Abyss" Album review by Pethead

Post by Black Rider Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:42 pm

Personally  I was disappointed, doesn't sound anything like the old BoP, had more in common with Halestorm imo.

Last edited by Black Rider on Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:01 pm

I think it still has hints of Heathen Machine in the sound along with modern rock. Not so much the Lance King stuff, though.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Superjuice, KaramKaram and oldschooldoom like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down