The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986.

+2
Pethead
Black Rider
6 posters

Go down

Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986. Empty Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986.

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:37 pm

Killer album, no skip songs.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Andreas89, Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986. Empty Re: Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986.

Post by Pethead Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:43 pm

Good album. I like the next 3 more, but this one is no slouch. Tesla was top notch in the early days.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Black Rider and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986. Empty Re: Mechanical Resonance released today in 1986.

Post by Black Rider Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:56 pm

Surprised you like Bust A Nut more but they are all great.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and TZ75 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:58 pm

Bust a Nut and Mechanical Resonance are close. I’d put Psychotic Supper and The Great Radio Controversy neck and neck for first.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Sat Dec 09, 2023 12:27 am

Mechanical Resonance, The Great Radio Controversy and Psychotic Supper are great!
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:18 am

I remember buying M.R. on cassette when it came out (Geffen manufactured very good quality tapes).  
The album stood out from the crowd which was very hard to do back then.  Even though much of the attention in 1986 was on thrash and speed metal, regular metal and commercial hard rock were still big in the secular market.

For me this was always Tesla's best album.  They captured lightning in a bottle with this one.  
They got close later on with songs like "Edison's Medicine," but I found this one to be their most consistent album with many of their best songs.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:23 am

Really interesting album. It has the accessibility of other hair metal albums of that era but it's slightly less poppy, slighty more metal.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Black Rider and Pethead like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:27 am

It borrows a lot from bands like Aerosmith with that bluesy swagger. Gives it more bite.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Yeah, this was classic rock for the metalhead back in the day.  It was just heavy enough, but followed a more traditional rock format.  I see the first two albums as equally good, with still both being distinct from each other.

Fun story: I got pulled over while listening to this album in the car.  All I did was turn around, going down a 1-way street for a block the wrong way, and I didn't have my license on me, so they ended up taking me down to the station.  I was still a teen and got pretty spooked.  I never listened to that tape again.

I was in a largely black neighborhood at the time and they probably thought I was there for drugs.  My mom ended talking to the to the authorities later on and they said that neighborhood was bad news for white kids.  They had drug deal gone bad and the cops discovered quite a few bodies in ditches.  They said I had no business being down there.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down