The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great!

5 posters

Go down

Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great! Empty Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great!

Post by Constantine Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:40 pm

I got bored of U2 after Achtung Baby and ignored everything from Zooropa onward.

Now I'm going back and checking out what they have released since then Baby and yeah, most of the material is not so great.  But....I'm listening to Pop and I think this album is great!    I actually used to have the CD but never listened to it and it got purged years ago.  

It won't be for everyone here because it's really techno / dance-oriented.  But I'm really enjoying it now....

What's your over-looked diamond-in-the-rough?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great! Empty Re: Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great!

Post by Pethead Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:59 pm

One that comes to mind is Deliverance's Assimilation. I didn't really bother with it because what I had heard about it didn't sound like it would appeal to me. I finally got it last year to complete my D collection and I think it's great! I might like it more than any of the albums after it, actually.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Constantine, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great! Empty Re: Name An Album You Ignored For Years Because You Thought You'd Hate It But Now...You Finally Listened And Think It's Great!

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:27 pm

Barren Cross > Atomic Opera

And just this past week > Holy Soldier, Last Train
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Constantine and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:49 pm

^Do you mean Atomic Arena?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevenoneself Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 pm

^ That's right!  face palm
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:39 pm

I don't mind Pop but never make it through the whole album. If you haven't checked out, All That You Can't Leave Behind, you should, lots of their classic sound. 
One that comes to mind is VH's Balance. When it came out I liked a couple songs but mostly ignored it but going back, I really enjoy most of it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Pethead and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:40 pm

^I second the recommendation for All That You Can’t Leave Behind. My favorite post-Achtung Baby album.

I love Balance. Probably my second favorite Hagar album. (5150 will always be #1).
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Black Rider and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:51 pm

Another pick of mine:

Stryper: Reborn. I was already a fan when this came out, but I ignored it based on what I heard about it. I finally checked it out recently and I enjoyed it. It’s nowhere near the top of their catalog for me, but I like it.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Sevenoneself likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:01 pm

Huh!  I also ignored Extreme's "Waiting For The Punchline" because I wasn't impressed after a casual listen years ago.  
Listening to it now on Spotify and it is much better than I gave it credit for (musically anyway).
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:21 pm

I ignored Megadeth's, The World Needs a Hero, after not liking Risk much. Finally picked it up used a few years later and loved it.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Machine Fish, BaleMaster and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:28 pm

Pethead wrote:Another pick of mine:

Stryper: Reborn. I was already a fan when this came out, but I ignored it based on what I heard about it. I finally checked it out recently and I enjoyed it. It’s nowhere near the top of their catalog for me, but I like it.

While I have liked it from the beginning, it just didn't sound completely like Stryper as it was originally meant to be a Mike Sweet solo album.  He had it recorded and then brought the other Stryper guys to redo it.  I actually prefer his solo version of this more but do miss the redone Stryper classic at the end.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Pethead likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down