The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years)

+3
exo
11razorwire
Hardcore Christian
7 posters

Go down

Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years) Empty Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years)

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:17 pm

Underoath are back, and as would be expected in the first couple lines of the song, they shed their Christian image

Their was a lot of behind the scences controversy, and some of you may have heard it

Anyway pre-orders here: http://underoath777.com/

Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years) Empty Re: Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years)

Post by 11razorwire Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:02 pm

Cool song, I really got into it, but disappointing at the same time for reasons you mentioned.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years) Empty Re: Underoath - Erase Me (First NEW Album in 8 years)

Post by exo Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am

Marginally curious about where the lyrics fornthe full album lead.....but I haven't had any serious interest in these guys since the Cries of the Past days.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:21 pm

exo wrote:Marginally curious about where the lyrics fornthe full album lead.....but I haven't had any serious interest in these guys since the Cries of the Past days.
Just looking at I-tunes, there are 2 other Explicit songs, other than this one

They are probably just other F-bombs honestly, but other than that, the behind the scenes stuff in short is that Spencer, their front man, has never been a Christian, so if he is writing a lot of the lyrics I get it

On the other hand there are a couple members who are supposedly still Christian's, it just makes you wonder where they are at, if they just let language like this be in the song, I realize more and more they just did it to stir up arguments for arguments sake, much like another band's new album coming out in April Rolling Eyes
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:21 am

I'm not so sure the "f word" is the type of language the bible is referring to in Ephesians 4:29, 5:4, Colossians 3:8, etc. I would venture to guess that these and similar verses actually refer to many things that are considered "ok" in Western christian culture, and not about "f bombs" and the like. How about the little sweet old lady who spreads breaks confidence, or spreads lies and speculation through her gossip, though she is in the choir and sits front row twice every Sunday and once on Wednesday? If particular words in and of themselves were so sinful, I should think the bible would have defined them? I think rather it is a matter of the heart. I'm not sure why we gag at a knat like a word, but swallow other socially acceptable camels.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:46 pm

Well I know you can't believe EVERYTHING on wikipeadia HOWEVER according to Wikipeadia only Chris Dudley is still a Christian as of 2018. I was surprised by the f-bomb but what disappointed me the most were the lyrics in general.  

"On My Teeth"

Let's get this straight!

I'm fine without you
I'm not your f***ing prey
So save yourself
And no one else

What you believe
What you believe
What you believe
Your life is a lie
Get over it
Get over it
Get over it

You got the best of me
And stabbed me in the back
I taste you on my teeth
You're like a heart attack
And I'm not okay
I'm headed down the drain
I still feel safe
Down here where I belong

So where were you
When I fell out
Went back into the dark
I'm lost again
So don't come find me

What you believe
What you believe
What you believe
Your life is a lie
Get over it
Get over it
Get over it

You got the best of me
I taste you on my teeth
And I'm not okay
I still feel safe
Down here where I belong

One day you might be hungry

You got the best of me
I taste you on my teeth
And I'm not okay
I still feel safe
Down here where I belong

Now combine that with what their facebook page now says in the bio

The band who once openly--and without apology--professed their faith-based worldview onstage nightly, have since moved beyond the realm of seemingly impenetrable polemics. At various junctures, Erase Me illustrates those moments of sanctuary, anxiety, betrayal and conflict that inevitably arise when humanity grapples with belief systems. Even with a comeback title seemingly marinating in self-fulfilling prophecy, nobody in their right mind would dare delete Underøath’s measurable contribution to the advancement of post-hardcore and heavy rock. The only thing you need to erase is your patience with their pretenders. Accept no substitutes and your culture won’t feel destitute. It’s great to have Underøath back—especially on their terms.

Plus the album art of a angel with a smashed head, again combine that with the lyrics from on My Teeth

Then add to the fact that I asked Spencer direct about the meaning of the lyrics to that song and the seemingly anti-God undertones in it and his reply was

"
Oh..just f*** ur self man. I dont even f***ing care wat critic says."

All of this info tells me, at until someone can confirm otherwise, that Underoath is now lyrically an Anti-God band This saddens me greatly too as I loved them.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:06 am

I think this is sad, this is why I pray for the bands I listen to. I understand that not everyone who claims Christ is a Christian; the Bible teaches us that, it is what is. But, our brothers out there, playing in metal bands, are assaulted in all sorts of ways and need the prayers of fans to help them stay strong in their faith.
Fearless For The King
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by nuclearwoods Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Just got it in the mail and listened to it.  So bland and nothing really stood out.  By far their worst album.  Various sites have given it scores like 2/5 which I would fully agree with.  I'll pass in the future.
nuclearwoods
nuclearwoods
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:09 am

Then add to the fact that I asked Spencer direct about the meaning of the lyrics to that song and the seemingly anti-God undertones in it and his reply was

"
Oh..just f*** ur self man. I dont even f***ing care wat critic says”

Hm, it’s disappointing to see such a hostile reaction to an honest question. Honestly for me, this is why I don’t bother worrying about trying to focus what I listen to on primarily Christian bands. At times I think that I may seem particularly critical of Christian bands, and I don’t mean to seem that way, but my feelings are, theres a good chance that I pick up a Christian band, who, given 10 years time or so, will reject their faith and decide they aren’t anymore anyway, and you never know who that will be, so I just stick with what I like best, which is heavily secular. The secular bands beliefs, whatever those may be, don’t seem to be so bipolar as a whole, and I feel that at least I can know where they really stand, and they tend to grow artistically and personally as they age rather than becoming angry and negative about their former religion and social circles.

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:15 pm

I myself sampled through the album on I-tunes and most of it sounds like Underoath but yet it doesn't

Its a lot more electronic and mainly just rock, so not really my cup of tea

There's a couple songs I liked but not enough to buy the album
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down