The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]!

+7
Constantine
Pro-Zak
bgsully
Superjuice
oldschooldoom
metaldude
Kerrick
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]! Empty Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]!

Post by Kerrick Wed May 31, 2017 2:28 pm

From Forsaken's new label:

Mighty Music wrote:
Epic Doom Metal Band Forsaken (Malta) ink multiple album deal with Mighty Music

Mighty Music are proud to welcome Forsaken from Malta to the family. Forsaken was formed in 1990 and is considered one of the true survivors of the epic doom metal genre.

Albert Bell, founder, lyricist and bass player of Forsaken "Signing with Michael and Mighty Music is a crucial step forward for the band. I have personally known Michael since the earliest days of the band. He is both a fan and a close friend of the band. His support and friendship are two important qualities that tipped the scale in Mighty's favor in the process of deciding on a new home for Forsaken. Moreover, from a business perspective, Mighty possesses all the requisite qualities we were looking for this time round. Mighty Music has grown considerably in stature and reputation and hosts some really awesome bands, and we are all really elated to be in such great company. Fans can expect our first full-length release with Mighty Music this fall. "Pentateuch" has all the ingredients epic doom maniacs have come to expect from the band - killer songs laced with soaring, passionate vocals from Leo, raging, fret-shredding solos from Sean, and head crushing riffs built on a very solid rhythm section. Combining with Simeon to build this foundation for the band is something that comes natural to us and is always a real pleasure. I am also really happy with the lyrics for this album....I really poured my soul into them. Every band member left no stone unturned into making this release a most worthy addition to our long history and discography. It has really been a long time coming, but the wait will be worth it and we are really chuffed that a label of Mighty Music's calibre has taken Forsaken and our new spawn "Pentateuch" on board, with the prospect of further releases in the future as our alliance with Mighty continues to grow".

Michael H. Andersen, Mighty Music "Ever since I visited Albert Bell in Malta back in 1996, I regret not having signed Forsaken to my label earlier. I've been a huge fan of the band since I heard the doom cult classic "Where Angels Have Fallen" for the first time in 1992-1993. The fact that Forsaken now is a part of my family, makes my old doom heart so proud".

Forsaken are currently doing the final touches on their highly anticipated first album in six years. "Pentateuch" is the title and it will be released on the 13th of October on LP, CD and digital. A release concert is held in Malta on the 14th of October in a new venue called The Garage in Zebbug and afterwards the band will be heading on European tour.

Here is a raw live recording from last year. Forsaken performing the song "Via Crucis (The Way Of The Cross)" in Vienna: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq9D1zisyPE

Metaldude, this post is mainly for you.  afro

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]! Empty Re: Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]!

Post by metaldude Wed May 31, 2017 4:56 pm

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! 'Scuse me while I kiss the sky!!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]! Empty Re: Forsaken (Malta) has a new album coming [FINALLY]!

Post by Kerrick Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:20 pm

YES.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:59 am

Rockin Loud Metal 1 Guitar guy Circle Dance Metal 3

It's not very doooomy but still it's awesome! This reminds me more of the Evermore album than their later albums. Can't wait to hear the rest.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:00 am

I love Malta Metal!!!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:42 pm

The time is drawing near. Time to bump the thread.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Indeed. You can preorder the album here:
https://targetgroup.bandcamp.com/album/pentateuch

Shipping from Europe isn't cheap but that may be the only way to get it.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:29 pm

It's available for pre-order on Amazon,  but it doesn't release until Oct 20.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 pm

Sure enough! And it's not really any cheaper on Amazon so maybe I'll just preorder it from the label on Bandcamp... The nice thing with Bandcamp is that you get the digital downloads immediately.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:43 am

Bandcamp may win out for me too. I usually go with Amazon,  but I tend to be impatient with new music, especially something we've waited for as long as this one.
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 pm

Bandcamp as a service is awesome, though with their liberal politics, I'd prefer to not support them when I can. Maybe Albert has the CDs available direct?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:51 pm

Nice review here:
http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/f_2/forsaken-pentateuch.htm

"The last track, “Apocryphal Winds,” is an (almost) 16 minute tour de force of Doom Metal."

affraid Rockin Loud Rockin Loud Rockin Loud santa

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:25 pm

metaldude wrote:Bandcamp may win out for me too. I usually go with Amazon,  but I tend to be impatient with new music, especially something we've waited for as long as this one.

Well I sprung for the Bandcamp option.  Cool  Now I just gotta get through the next couple of weeks to October 13th!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Superjuice Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:49 pm

Killer track posted above.  Odd sounding rhythm section, but that's a good thing with so much modern production going w/ the samey compressed snare drum sound.  That monster bass makes it unusual.  Those vocals slay.  Gotta love it when doom bands pick up the tempo.
Superjuice
Superjuice
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:55 pm

Dang, Amazon dropped their price to $12 for the CD!  I ended up paying $22 to order on Bandcamp from Europe.  Oh well; at least I get it a week sooner and support the label more directly.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 am

Still no digital listed on Amazon.  Mad
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I got notice my copy has shipped!  sunny

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 pm

Kerrick wrote:I got notice my copy has shipped!  sunny
Did you get your digital copy yet?
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:11 pm

Tomorrow's the release date.  I definitely have not been counting down the days or anything.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:40 am

Metal 3  Oh happy DOOOOMY Day!!!  Metal 3

Got mine!!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:56 am

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!  I got the email to download but won't be able to listen properly here at work so I think I'll just have to wait until I get home...  Dangit can't this day go by quicker?!?

What do you think?  How does it compare to their other releases?

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by bgsully Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:28 pm

Great band.  Great album. I only heard of them within the last couple of years, but I'm trying to get as much of their discography as I can. 
Right now I have (digitally):

Dominaeon
After The Fall
Tales Of Doom And Woe (split)
Pentateuch 

All great, IMO.
bgsully
bgsully
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

https://faustianslip.bandcamp.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:44 pm

I never got the memo on this release...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:49 pm

bgsully wrote:Great band.  Great album. I only heard of them within the last couple of years, but I'm trying to get as much of their discography as I can. 
Right now I have (digitally):

Dominaeon
After The Fall
Tales Of Doom And Woe (split)
Pentateuch 

All great, IMO.

Nice.  Yup some of their stuff is pretty tough to get ahold of nowadays but definitely worth tracking down.  Their first album is less "epic" and somewhat more of a traditional doom sound but still really fantastic.  Depending on the version you get, there's a bonus track Black Sabbath cover which is awesome.

Pro-Zak wrote:I never got the memo on this release...

Oh man you're missing out!  It's a really strong album; if you like their previous stuff, you'll definitely dig Pentateuch too.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:18 pm

Think I have most of them.
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next