The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed?????

+5
Son of Nun
Black Rider
Temple of Blood
mothy
Constantine
9 posters

Go down

REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed????? Empty REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed?????

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:44 pm

It's sad because few are probably going to read this post....

BUT....THIS BAND SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!

Easily one of the BEST Christian Thrash bands I've ever heard.  NO JOKE.

They sound like a combo of Slayer and Sepultura.  
Band is from Brazil - this is an indie release from 2003 - so CD's are non-existent by now.

How did we miss this one???   And why has no one reissued it?    

The drummer is awesome, and he is 100% real.

All Lyrics can be found here:

Reborn - Metal Archives Lyrics

If you just want to hear one song first, start with this one:

Full album here - There is a long intro to the full album (to 2:30) but if you want to skip it, the music starts after that.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed????? Empty Re: REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed?????

Post by mothy Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:34 pm

I know, found them a year ago, and if you could wear out a youtube video I did.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Constantine likes this post

Back to top Go down

REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed????? Empty Re: REBORN - Incredible Brazilian Thrash ala SLAYER / SEPULTURA - How Did This One Go Unnoticed?????

Post by mothy Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 pm

Have you listened to Demolish to?
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:02 pm

Definitely a good band!  I have heard them before though, so I didn't miss them.  I need to listen to them more.

If you're into old Sepultura they can't be beat for that sound.  

I wouldn't go as far to say they were the best unsigned Christian thrash band though.  I'm preferential to Immortal, Holy Scepter, Catscan, and Temple of Blood.  Smile
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:11 pm

mothy wrote:Have you listened to Demolish to?
No, but do you have a link to anything by them? Or an album title?
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:14 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:I wouldn't go as far to say they were the best unsigned Christian thrash band though.  I'm preferential to Immortal, Holy Scepter, Catscan, and Temple of Blood.  Smile
I'm glad you caught this post, I thought you'd appreciate them.  No I wouldn't say best unsigned, but certainly up there with the greats like Immortal, Catscan, Tempest, and of course Temple of Blood! 😁

Certainly these guys are different though because they're more like Sepultura than the above bands.

I'm drawing a blank on Holy Scepter, I'll have to investigate them.

Last edited by Constantine on Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:16 pm

Constantine wrote:
mothy wrote:Have you listened to Demolish to?
No, but do you have a link to anything by them? Or an album title?
Albumn is Signs of the End

Here is the No Life TIl Metal review:
Review

Kind of upset that Spotify has flagged the album as explicit but I hear no bad language or anything in it.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:17 pm

^Ah yes, I'm familiar with them from Spotify.
Will have to give it another listen, I didn't think they were a Christian band but I could be wrong.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:49 pm

Sorry about the "best unsigned" bit.  I got this post confused with the NP post that mothy did.

If you're looking for a good Sepultura-ish thrash band I also enjoy this one:

Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:53 pm

I'm familiar with Wicked's End, I always found their material to be hit or miss but I'll check that particular title out.

Been checking out Demolish on Spotify.  I don't think they're quite in the same league as Reborn or the other bands musically, but turns out they're also from Brazil which I did not know before.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Sorry to derail this thread...
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:13 pm

Oh no, you didn't derail anything.  I'm sorry if I gave that impression.  I always welcome  recommendations and I'll check them out.  We all have different tastes and different backgrounds so each band or album will be evaluated through our own particular lens.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm

That's good stuff. Also, Holy Scepter is great, needed someone to get behind them.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Temple of Blood likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:16 pm

Constantine wrote:Oh no, you didn't derail anything.  I'm sorry if I gave that impression.  I always welcome  recommendations and I'll check them out.  We all have different tastes and different backgrounds so each band or album will be evaluated through our own particular lens.

Oh i didnt me you, I was derailing from Reborn so i went and made another thread.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Son of Nun Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:42 pm

I heard Reborn awhile back but it looks improbable to find a CD so I moved on. That Wickeds End demo is a lot better than their later stuff.
Son of Nun
Son of Nun
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:43 pm

Son of Nun wrote:That Wickeds End demo is a lot better than their later stuff.
I agree, I listened to "Flood" the other day and it was not nearly as good as their earlier material.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by My Awesome Timothy Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:23 am

Constantine wrote:It's sad because few are probably going to read this post....

BUT....THIS BAND SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!

Easily one of the BEST Christian Thrash bands I've ever heard.  NO JOKE.

They sound like a combo of Slayer and Sepultura.  
Band is from Brazil - this is an indie release from 2003 - so CD's are non-existent by now.

How did we miss this one???   And why has no one reissued it?    

The drummer is awesome, and he is 100% real.

All Lyrics can be found here:

Reborn - Metal Archives Lyrics

If you just want to hear one song first, start with this one:

Full album here - There is a long intro to the full album (to 2:30) but if you want to skip it, the music starts after that.

What a great find, this is right up my alley!  Definitely one of the best I agree, am a big fan of this genre!  Thanks for sharing.  Very Happy
My Awesome Timothy
My Awesome Timothy
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Temple of Blood and Constantine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vitão777 Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:27 am

Reborn it's a great band.. but the vocals looks like Overdose (BR).

vitão777
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by TZ75 Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:26 pm

I wish I could see what everyone else likes about this band... but they sound generic to me. I don’t hear the Slayer or Sepultura comparison.

That said, I’m glad they had the positive lyrics. I’m glad everyone else likes them. Smile
TZ75
TZ75
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pethead Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:49 pm

This is some of my favorite Brazilian thrash I’ve heard. I’d put this near or at the top. I like it way more than Disaffection and Tsavo Inc. I’d put it up there with Mad Dragzter and Perpetual Faith.
Pethead
Pethead
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

http://curtisjdupree.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down