The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records

+3
rtz
alldatndensum
Constantine
7 posters

Go down

Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records Empty Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records

Post by Guest Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:32 pm

https://boonesoverstock.com/collections/pre-orders 

I ordered the cds of BC "Rattle Your Cage" and Xalt "Under The Ruins" despite having the originals

XALT - UNDER THE RUINS + 1 Bonus + Trading Card (*NEW-CD, 2021, Retroactive)

ABOUT THE ALBUM
After the late 80's independent release Dark War by Xalt - the hot shot lineup of the band launched the 90's by signing with PURE METAL RECORDS and releasing the hard rock and heavy metal classic Under the Ruins! The Vinyl includes the CD only bonus track. Long out-of-print on CD and never released on Vinyl - do not miss this treasure -  for fans of Judas Priest, Accept, Riot, and Stryper!

• Remastered for CD by Bombworks Sound

• Classic Pure Metal Records release

• Remastered CD includes bonus track

• 12 page insert booklet

Tracklist
1 Through The Night 
2 Forgiven 
3 Under The Ruins 
4 Waste Your Life Away 
5 Lost Without You 
6 Piercing The Darkness 
7 The Fortress 
8 Wounded Heart 
9 The Kingdom Within 
10 Lift Him Up
11. Take A Look (bonus track)

BARREN CROSS - RATTLE YOUR CAGE + Trading Card (*NEW-CD, 2021, Retroactive)

• Remastered by Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound

• Remastered Vinyl also available

• Features the original classic Barren Cross line-up

• All new artwork by NoLifeTilMetal Graphics, Scott Waters

• Every CD comes with a Barren Cross foil-stamped trading card

• CD with 12-page insert with lyrics/jewel case

ABOUT THE ALBUM
Released in 1994, this album got sandwiched between trendy grunge rock and alternative hipsters that thought "metal" was a dirty word. Metal bands were having the life sucked out of them. "Hairband" was a derogatory term, and stars of the LA Strip scene were treated like an embarrassing drunk uncle. Despite the anti-metal sentiments, Barren Cross defied all odds and put out an epic classic metal/hard rock album on Rugged Records. That label folded and the album went out of print almost as soon as it was released. While their 80s albums were more polished power metal meets LA glam, Rattle Your Cage has a production that is somewhat raw and stripped down. It's special to hear the band ripping full-throttle bluesy hard rock with an ever so slight 1970s throw back sound reminiscent of Die Happy and Badlands. Though a couple tracks here sound like they could have easily fit on the State of Control era format, expect classic American-styled hard rock featuring one AOR anthem after another.  Fully remastered by Bombworks Sound for CD and Vinyl these deluxe reissue are vastly improved with all new artwork by Scott Waters of NoLifeTilMetal.  The CD comes with a band foil-stamped trading card and the vinyl record comes with a 12x12 full color lyrics insert.  For fans of Great White, Cinderella, Giant, and Black Stone Cherry, Kiss, and especially Guns N' Roses!

Tracklist
Rattle Your Cage 4:20
Here I Am 3:30
Unsuspecting 3:58
No Time To Run 3:36
Sick 3:28
Somewhere Far Away 2:53
Feed The Fire 3:38
Let It Go Let It Die 4:50
Time For Love 3:11
J.R.M 3:52
Your Will 3:47
Midnight Son 5:20

Back to top Go down

Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records Empty Re: Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records

Post by Constantine Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:20 pm

Yes I saw these...very glad that the Xalt was reissued.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

BaleMaster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records Empty Re: Xalt / Barren Cross / Deliverance remasters available for pre-order via Retroactive Records

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:34 am

I know their "Dark War" album was reissued.  I thought that "Under the Ruins" had been redone before as well.  Why do I think that?  Because I have that album on my FiiO and I have the bonus track but have no idea where it came from.

I will check my CD later.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:15 pm

Can't find any clips for the Xalt, except the one the label posted. SOunds good, but reviews say teh album was some what of a let down on side two. Any input guys? Should I spend the cash?

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:10 am

Was unaware of the previous Xalt re-release.  This new one interests me, as does RYC.
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:06 am

I'm interested in this because I still miss a band starting with the letter X in my collection. I'll check them out.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:31 am

Andreas89 wrote:I'm interested in this because I still miss a band starting with the letter X in my collection. I'll check them out.

Hahahaha....

You don't own any X-Sinner?

Back to top Go down

Post by BaleMaster Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:27 pm

XSinner need to be remastered, refurbished, redone, etc.  You seen the prices for the originals online?  Shocked
BaleMaster
BaleMaster
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Black Rider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:46 am

Bought4Life wrote:
Andreas89 wrote:I'm interested in this because I still miss a band starting with the letter X in my collection. I'll check them out.

Hahahaha....

You don't own any X-Sinner?
No I don't. Apparently there's also a christian band called Xinr so it's between those three I guess.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:38 am

And XT, and X-Propagation.

And a maybe million straight edge metalcore bands.  Do you alphabetize xDeathStarx and xDisciplex AD under X or D?

Anyway, I'll probably pick up Xalt too.  That Barren Cross is good, but I already have it.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:52 am

I have the Barren Cross RYG (CD and vinyl) and Deliverance WAJ (vinyl) on order. These are great albums. I have the gold CD version of WAJ.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

My Awesome Timothy and BaleMaster like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down