The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard?

2 posters

Go down

Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard? Empty Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard?

Post by Constantine Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:47 pm

I used to publish a fanzine so I've heard my share of really bad and really brilliant demos.

Well a few years before that I was a teenage metal fan, and there wasn't much metal available in the early 80's.

So I scoured catalogs like Shrapnel Records and anything I could get my hands on to find new music.

Ordered this demo blind in 1982 out of some obscure catalog.  It sounded promising but turned out to be horrible! 

I was not happy because I could have ordered an album by a known band like Sinner or Accept.

But I eventually thought, this is bad enough to have that sort of pathetic charm that a good Grade Z horror movie has.
You know, where the monster is clearly paper mache and the people have to climb toward the monster so that it can eat them. cat

Anyway, see what you think.  And post any obscure demos good or bad that made an impression on you.

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard? Empty Re: Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard?

Post by Contrarian Deist Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:17 am

I don't have a link for you, though you can find their material on youtube.
A little known, not signed to any major labels U.S. black metal band names MASSHU who have a couple demos *Pandaemonium* and *Into the darkness* and one album *Apeiron*.. All 3 of which I have copies of(burned on cd for me and sent to me by one of the two members of the band who I was friends with on facebook and corresponded with) as well as the cassette version on *into the darkness* also sent to me by the same guy.
Excellent melodious blackened death(much closer to black).
You can look em up on YouTube if interested.

Also, I have a demo album made by a one man(well with one extra session member as well) isolationalist BM band(influenced by depressive isolationalist bands like Xasthur and Leviathan...to of the main guy behind the bands favorite bands)
Named -MORBITUOUS- album *cornerstone of isolation* (self produced though released through a obscure BM label called Svart Hat productions, on cassette only and limited to only several dozen copies), the guy behind it is a close personal friend of mine from my own hometown in Brandon, Manitoba, Canada.
He did have 3 of the songs up on YouTube, not sure if it still is though, but you can try looking it up if interested. Not too produced. Also can't post the link.
Don't have ability at this time to get youtube links and cut/paste em.

Check em both out if you are willing to look em up and get the chance. Both are as obscure as obscure gets.

🤘🥶☠🤘

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard? Empty Re: Weird or Just Obscure Demos you have bought or heard?

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:43 am

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrarian Deist Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:55 am

I also got a demo from a obscure death metal band(that unfortunately never got more than a demo out)...directly from one of the band members. Named DEIST.

One of the songs from the demo...played live .(Unfortunately couldn't find the actual demo on YouTube.)...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGJ_E2uGXU

Contrarian Deist
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:29 pm

Here is a song from an obscure power metal band from Germany called Wizard.  The demo was released sometime during the 90's.   It is pretty good actually - nice power riffing and raw production, as opposed to the slickly-produced Euro power metal of today.  It is kind of like a cross between Helloween and early Running Wild.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:35 pm

Wow, it is hard to believe this next one is from 2020!   

Really super Swedish old-school power metal that seems like it came out of 1983.   

Sounds like 1st-album 220 Volt crossed with Heavy Load by way of Iron Maiden.

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:36 pm

This is a very rare find - live tracks from the San Francisco band Griffin from 1983.

I always wondering what they sounded like live back then.  A friend of mine used to see them in the Bay Area as an opening group and I always wanted to see them live with their classic line-up.

The recording and the performance aren't that great, it certainly does not match the brilliance of their albums.  
But as a piece of long lost history, I am glad to satisfy my curiosity finally:

Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down