The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash)

5 posters

Go down

Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash) Empty Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash)

Post by mothy Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:11 pm

I loved there sound back in the 90's and didnt know they recorded in the early 2000's as well. Description from Bandcamp

"Just a heavy Christian band from Hawaii from a time when metal roamed the earth . . . All recordings are garage quality, but all music and lyrics were written to glorify the Lord, Jesus."

They have uploaded their 3 releases to their Bandcamp here. All albums are name your price with "All monies given will be used to help our singer, Steve Mitchell, who is battling for his life with Covid-19 . . . Thank you and God bless you Smile

Im going to try to buy soon but go give them a listen and help out if you can.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash) Empty Re: Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash)

Post by mothy Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:23 pm

It does look like the lead singer passed away from COVID complications. I hand looked at their Facebook page until now and he passed at the end of September
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash) Empty Re: Theocracy AD (90's Christian Thrash)

Post by eatbugs Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:42 pm

What???

That stinks about their singer.

I didn't know they had more than one album.  I have Welcome to Our Island, it's pretty good.  They are the only Christian band I know of from Hawaii.  I saw them at Cornerstone '98.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Yeah I wonder if proceeds will go to his wife and daughter. I guess he was involved in the band Bloodbath too and they are going to digitize those releases soon too. I'm listening to the last release and the vocals remind me of DJ on inhabit. It's good stuff
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Very sad, the singer Steve Mitchell did indeed pass away from covid.  Sounds like he had many people supporting him and the family at the end.  Must be very tough for the father to lose a son, he posted about his son's passing.
Steve was a pastor.

I have heard of the band but never heard them before.   Never saw those albums anywhere.
On some of the songs I listened to on Bandcamp, Steve did indeed sound like D.J. from Living Sacrifice.

Regarding Christian bands from Hawaii, there was also Broken Silence.  So that makes 2.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 pm

Same I always heard about them in Heavens Metal but never ordered the tape. Glad to hear it now and I'm going to buy as soon as I can.

Took me awhile to place the vocal style and where I had heard it before
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:39 am

They have published the 3 Bloodbath demos on their bandcamp page to. Apparently they have ran out of their "download credits" for it to be free and its listed at 7$ each but will be free again in a week or so if you want it for free.

Ive given each a lsiten and they sound pretty good for old demos.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:35 pm

I did confirm with the band that all proceeds are going to the lead singers Widow and daughter.
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:51 pm

is Theocracy AD Bloodbath renamed or is it a different project of the same guys?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mothy Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:04 pm

crucifyd wrote:is Theocracy AD Bloodbath renamed or is it a different project of the same guys?

From what I understand it was most of what turned into Theocracy AD
mothy
mothy
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:52 pm

I dig this song.  This was on one of their demos before they became Theocracy AD.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down