The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet

4 posters

Go down

"The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet  Empty "The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet

Post by bodachi Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 pm

Does anyone know where I can hear the studio version of this track from the Metal Blade release?  I've heard the "live" version but not the other one. 

It's the only reason I'd put down more money for yet another remaster but I'd have to hear it first. NOT a fan of Guy Ritter's screeching, but if it's not so bad I'd buy the rererelease.
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

"The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet  Empty Re: "The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet

Post by Guest Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:05 pm

bodachi wrote:Does anyone know where I can hear the studio version of this track from the Metal Blade release?  I've heard the "live" version but not the other one. 

It's the only reason I'd put down more money for yet another remaster but I'd have to hear it first. NOT a fan of Guy Ritter's screeching, but if it's not so bad I'd buy the rererelease.
This song was a live in studio cover from the Intense Live Series.

That's the only way to hear this song.

But fortunately for you Ritter had alread left the band, so the lead vocals were sung by Gary Lenaire.

Back to top Go down

"The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet  Empty Re: "The Tempter" Trouble cover by Tourniquet

Post by bodachi Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks for the information!
My wallet thanks you as well.
For the record* I do like the live version. 

*Pun intended
bodachi
bodachi
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:54 pm

Yeah, the recording that was on the Intense Live album is the same that was on the Metal Blade version of Pathogenic Ocular Dissonance and it has Gary on vocals. Currently that is the only version of that cover in any official release.

Youtube has one Tourniquet show where they play it live, and Guy sings that one. That version goes more along with the original song with Guy singing it like the original Trouble version with that melody. Gary thrash yelled it through. The difference in singing style really makes both of them sound quite different from each other. I love them both. Would love to have the Guy version in an official release too.
Oh, and Bruce Franklin of Trouble played guitar on that Guy-version too which is interesting.

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Fire Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:09 am

Being honest, when I was a kid and bought Pathogenic as my first Tourniquet, this was the only song I liked the first time through. Not surprisingly Exoskeletons was second (which had a lot in common with the simplified Vanishing Lessons material of the future). It took my 80's hard rock ears quite some time to get used to the more progressive remainder. When I realized The Tempter was a cover my heart dipped because their own material stunk by comparison.

Years went by, my tastes changed and grew and I love the album start to finish. Yet, that cover rules. Trouble rules. It can't be escaped.
Frozen Fire
Frozen Fire
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.center-cob.org

Back to top Go down

Post by crucifyd Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:10 pm

Airola wrote:Youtube has one Tourniquet show where they play it live, and Guy sings that one.

got a link?
crucifyd
crucifyd
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

http://www.crucifyd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Airola Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:58 pm

crucifyd wrote:
Airola wrote:Youtube has one Tourniquet show where they play it live, and Guy sings that one.

got a link?

It starts at 35 minute mark.
I really like the part around 37:47-38:07.
That voice is so unique. Sure, Guy can be quite awkward on stage sometimes especially when he isn't singing, looks like he doesn't always know what to do with his hands and where to stand and what to do Very Happy But when he opens his mouth to sing there's really no other singer quite like him... He has one of those unique voices that doesn't sound like anyone else. It brings a certain character and sense of individuality to the band both in studio and live.
Fun bonus moment: at around 38:40 Guy goes next to some person on the side of the stage, puts the microphone on that person's face, probably telling the person to yell something, and then we hear a loud scream! Love that! Very Happy

Airola
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down