The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brave asking for help funding new album

+10
arttieTHE1manparty
Temple of Blood
mothy
Follower of Jesus
eatbugs
Staybrite
Black Rider
Samson
Tombie
alldatndensum
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Brave asking for help funding new album - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave asking for help funding new album

Post by arttieTHE1manparty Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I'm typically a sucker for crowd-funded releases.  I've supported tons of them.  Didn't support this one, however, as I was pretty disappointed with the last album.  

Arttie
arttieTHE1manparty
arttieTHE1manparty
The Strongest Man In The World
The Strongest Man In The World

http://www.Glitter2Gutter.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

The Brave asking for help funding new album - Page 2 Empty Re: The Brave asking for help funding new album

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:44 pm

I would only support them if they bring back James Salters on vocals and the Elefante brothers to produce. That was when the band was the best!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:38 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:I would only support them if they bring back James Salters on vocals and the Elefante brothers to produce. That was when the band was the best!

Nothing like having big dreams huh?   lol!

I'd be okay with a new singer as long as he fit the sound.  I wouldn't have minded the lady singer if they had been more up front about it in the beginning.  Also, had the sound quality been there on the new songs from the last record, I would be more likely to get on board.  The album sounded more demo-ish than professionally done.  While some would argue that they recorded this in home studios, I would present to them something like Letter 7, Joshua's Creed, or Pastor Brad's latest to show them that home studio doesn't mean low quality.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:17 pm

I'm thinking of selling the 3 albums I have from the Brave. I only really like parts of the first album. The rest are ok but not great.
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:53 pm

I finally heard a track from "Rise."  I couldn't even get through the whole thing.   
What on earth were they thinking?

I don't know much about the band's history, but why did James Salters leave?
He was perfect for their sound then.  
I did however like the "Trust" album, at least much of it.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Constantine wrote:I finally heard a track from "Rise."  I couldn't even get through the whole thing.   
What on earth were they thinking?

I don't know much about the band's history, but why did James Salters leave?
He was perfect for their sound then.  
I did however like the "Trust" album, at least much of it.

Yeah, I thought Rise was straight up horrible. I sold off my copy that I had gotten through their Kickstarter. 

They blindsided all of their supporters by not revealing the new signer until the funding was over.

I'll never back them on a new project again.

Last edited by Bought4Life on Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by rtz Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:10 am

I guess I'm in the minority here. I actually enjoyed Rise. Thought she brought a great new flavor to The Brave....

rtz
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:37 am

I didn't mind the female singer.  I could have enjoyed Rise more if the production had been better.  I'm pretty tolerant of demo-ish production, but The Brave was known for good Elefante bros production so this was a step back.

As I said about a year ago in this thread, I understand not liking the blindsiding about the new singer.  They shouldn't have done that.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:45 pm

As a general rule, I don't support crowd funding, even if it is form a favorite band like Stryper, Impellitteri or Petra. I rather wait until the finished product is released and the samples are available to listen to or a song is officially released to get a feel of the album. 

The female singer was ok not great. For them to rerecord the older music when it was already produced well by the Elefante brothers was not a good move. Rise was a demo quality album and I did not like the sound at all. I had all 3 albums and sold them.

Last edited by Soldier777 on Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:11 pm

I have never participated in a crowd-funding for a band and now I realize that has been a wise move.  

I have learned a lot by reading about everyone's experiences, and am sorry that many of them have not worked out so well.
In theory they sound like a win-win for everyone, but apparently not always.
Constantine
Constantine
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

https://reverb.com/shop/mr-ds-buy-and-trade

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:28 pm

Is this the worst crowd funding or is Guardian? I've never done it either, I just don't have spare cash to risk.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:01 pm

I see that a year later that they have not gotten ANY donations.  That ought to tell the guys how much folks didn't like "Rise".  Of course, even if I did want to help, they still don't have any rewards.  So, you can donate money, but it doesn't say that you get anything from it.  I am not giving a band money and not getting at least the promise of a CD and downloads out of the deal.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Pershing1134 Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:58 am

Black Rider wrote:Is this the worst crowd funding or is Guardian? I've never done it either, I just don't have spare cash to risk.I took 
I took part in the Guardian crowd funding...it was terrible! Waited two years and the album was awful. They should have never released it under the "Guardian" name IMHO. I have never done a pledge campaign since.

Fool me once....
Pershing1134
Pershing1134
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:46 am

Pershing1134 wrote:
Black Rider wrote:Is this the worst crowd funding or is Guardian? I've never done it either, I just don't have spare cash to risk.I took 
I took part in the Guardian crowd funding...it was terrible! Waited two years and the album was awful. They should have never released it under the "Guardian" name IMHO. I have never done a pledge campaign since.

Fool me once....

I've had some bad ones and some great ones.  Disciple, Bloodgood, John Elefante, and John Schlitt instantly come to mind on the great ones.  The albums were promised by a certain time and they delivered.

Guardian was pitiful.  We waited two years for the album we never really wanted.  Unless they do another and guarantee they are going back to the first two Jamie Rowe albums' sound, then I won't back them again especially with that long of a wait.  The Letter Black had a long wait, and they shipped CDs out to their Kickstarter backers three months after the album was available at shows and in stores despite the promise of getting them a month before everyone else.  Randy Rose took almost two years for his last album with regular updates.  However, his new campaign was supposed to be done in Dec. 2018, and he rarely does updates.  It has already been seventeen months since the campaign started.  These examples are reasons why I have done my last campaign.  When the Rose album drops, I am done with Kickstarter, and PledgeMusic went out of business thankfully.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:03 pm

I've never had the money to risk but with this many bombs I wouldn't now even if I could.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2