The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firestream Music Vault

+5
Livna
Temple of Blood
Soldier777
Kerrick
MikeInFla
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Firestream Music Vault - Page 2 Empty Re: Firestream Music Vault

Post by Samson Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:39 am

Solid (David Marconnet) was the owner/admin of the original Firestream board and music vault before the 2009 hacking.
Samson
Samson
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:57 am

I did send a message on FS to Solid but no response. So until then it seems it will be flodded with spam. While not a big user of the forums there I do read them from time to time and put it requests for additions (and the last request I had for Max Blam Jam over a year ago still hasn't been added). So it doesn't look like they get used very much but I still think all that spam has gotta go.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:49 pm

I got ahold of Solid and he's working on cleaning things up there some.  He'll have to do some coding he said so it may take a little while, but I think we'll be able to get FS more usable soon!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:13 am

Ok I am in! Thumbs up

I deleted a ton of spam messages and added a ton of new music.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:38 am

Great!  I just got an email from him that he fixed it.  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:19 am

Please update or remove the info on the front page stating about raising money for Dale's cancer. 

Support for one of our Admins!

FishingD (Dale) was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. All of us here are praying for Dale and his family, specifically healing for Dale. His family has started a GoFundMe to help support the financial undertaking they are about to start. Please, if you can, go check out their campaign page and contribute. 

https://www.gofundme.com/DaleHuffmansCancer

Dale has been a part of the Vault for over a decade now and influential to so many of us here. Please pray and support him and his family during this difficult time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:59 am

MikeInFla wrote:Ok I am in! Thumbs up

I deleted a ton of spam messages and added a ton of new music.

Awesome!

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:17 am

Bought4Life wrote:Please update or remove the info on the front page stating about raising money for Dale's cancer. 

FishingD (Dale) was diagnosed with terminal cancer last week. All of us here are praying for Dale and his family, specifically healing for Dale. His family has started a GoFundMe to help support the financial undertaking they are about to start. Please, if you can, go check out their campaign page and contribute. 

Dale has been a part of the Vault for over a decade now and influential to so many of us here. Please pray and support him and his family during this difficult time.

Yeah that needs to be removed but I am not going to be the one to do it. I don't wanna get banned my first day on the job. I added so many albums today I think I am going blind.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:Please update or remove the info on the front page stating about raising money for Dale's cancer. 

Yeah that needs to be removed but I am not going to be the one to do it. I don't wanna get banned my first day on the job. I added so many albums today I think I am going blind.

Fully understandable....

They probably need to start removing permissions from the inactive vault managers too.

Hey, question, do they accept digital only albums for submission, or physical media only?

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:15 am

Not sure, but today I added Barren Cross's Rattle Your Cage remaster which is a download only. But if we start adding bands with digital only released it would take a ton of time to get them added. I spent hours upon hours today getting albums updated just from the Roxx website, there are probably some I missed.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 am

MikeInFla wrote:Not sure, but today I added Barren Cross's Rattle Your Cage remaster which is a download only. But if we start adding bands with digital only released it would take a ton of time to get them added. I spent hours upon hours today getting albums updated just from the Roxx website, there are probably some I missed.

Yeah, I was thinking about how difficult it would be to add all the digital only albums...so I tried to retract my req in the Firestream.

Maybe a good policy would be to only add a digital only release IF the band previously had physical media releases...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:21 am

Thank you for all the additions today, btw

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:35 am

For anyone who hasn't visited the vault in a while come on over and check it out. It has been cleaned up a bit (all spam removed at least for now) and a ton of new albums have been added. If you look around and see something missing just put in a request and it will get added.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:05 am

MikeInFla wrote:For anyone who hasn't visited the vault in a while come on over and check it out. It has been cleaned up a bit (all spam removed at least for now) and a ton of new albums have been added. If you look around and see something missing just put in a request and it will get added.

I heard you tried to ban Kerrick as one of your first duties?

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:54 am

Bought4Life wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:For anyone who hasn't visited the vault in a while come on over and check it out. It has been cleaned up a bit (all spam removed at least for now) and a ton of new albums have been added. If you look around and see something missing just put in a request and it will get added.

Razz

Tried, didn't work Twisted Evil
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:08 am

You'll have to try harder than that!   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:12 am

MikeInFla wrote:
Bought4Life wrote:

Razz

Tried, didn't work Twisted Evil

Kerrick wrote:You'll have to try harder than that!   Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You know what they say

If at first you don't succeed........

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 am

The only time I get a response from an Admin since Dale's death is when the site is down. And that is only through their FB page https://www.facebook.com/groups/206901306169825/
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:31 am

Well it seems the spammers got the message. For a while there they were posting new messages every single day. Now that all of it has been deleted there hasn't been a single spam post. Maybe they know we are watching and will delete as soon as it is posted so they are probably not bothering with it.

I'm not even sure how that works. Are those bots? And can bots post those long messages about sports jerseys?

One of the topics made no sense at all. It was a thread about the GX Project and the reply would say something like "One of the best Projects is here (random link) and GX should check it out". Just really off the wall stuff which makes me think the person doesn't understand English or is a bot.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue May 21, 2019 11:29 am

Solid has given some of us more admin access and we can now delete bogus accounts. All of the usual "sports jersey" and "discount handbag" spammers have been deleted. There are a few of us who are on the site every day and we try to keep the spam deleted as soon as it is posted. Sometimes I am on when a spammer is on at the same time and I delete their messages within a minute or two of being posted. It hasn't stopped them though as they will continue to post for about an hour continuously and I just keep deleting until they log off. Now we have the ability to delete their account. Some of the bogus usernames I have googled and they are using the same name and posting the same garbage at other forums.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue May 21, 2019 3:08 pm

This is wonderful news Mike! A small victory for vault managers.
Finally we can have some lasting and permanent effect in the war against spam.

I noticed that SOLID completely deleted everything in the Activity column on the left side. I went in and made a comment on a random album to reactivate the comments column.

I wonder if SOLID made it more difficult for a member to join.

I have been watching the newly registered accounts too. I assume all are spambots which is usually confirmed when they advertise in the forum. But one legit new member is Rightwing3. I hope you didn't delete him. Years ago he was a vault manager who recently came back. Now I don't see him. Maybe he deleted his new account?
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 pm

I think Solid did indeed make it a bit trickier to for spam bots to join.  I added a handful of new albums and also a couple bands today.  Now that the Spam Battle has been won, I'll try to be better about adding new material from here-on-out.   Cool

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Tue May 21, 2019 3:29 pm

I wish we were granted the to ability to remove duplicate comments.

Even though 4 years apart Laughing
http://firestreamvault.com/album.php?id=8875
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue May 21, 2019 6:22 pm

No, I didn't delete any name I didn't know as a spammer, I picked the usuals, Hongwei, Linchao and anything having to do with handbags or keto diets. Anything else I just left. No idea on Rightwing. What really helped weed them out was keeping that list of spammers.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier777 Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:20 pm

Are the admins on Firestream behind on updates? I suggested some albums to add under Vault Submissions and never got a response:

Stryper Roxx Regime demos on CD and vinyl 
Join the Dead 7" vinyl Armed for Battle
WhiteCross/Guardian Revival vinyl and CD
Bloodgood In the Trenches CD, DVD and Bluray

I just mentioned these need to be added:

CPR - Back to the Rock 2 (Classic Petra Revised)
Daniel Band Retroactive Reissues Run From the Darkness and Straight Ahead
Soldier777
Soldier777
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next