The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son."

+5
deathisgain
Kerrick
Temple of Blood
exo
PlaceOfASkull
9 posters

Go down

30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son." Empty 30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son."

Post by PlaceOfASkull Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:26 am

Wikipedia

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son is the seventh studio album by English heavy metal band Iron Maiden, released on 11 April 1988 by the EMI label in Europe, and its sister label Capitol in North America. It was re-released on 2002 by Sanctuary/Columbia in the United States.
It is the first Iron Maiden release to feature keyboards. Like The Number of the Beast and, later, Fear of the Dark, The Final Frontier and The Book of Souls, it debuted at No. 1 in the UK Albums Chart. It also marks the first appearance of many progressive rock elements which would be used frequently in later albums, seen in the length and complex structure of the title track "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son", and by the fact that it is a concept album.[3]

[sup][/sup]

PlaceOfASkull
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son."

Post by exo Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 am

There was a time that this was my absolute favorite Maiden album.  I’m so enamored with a couple of the post-reunion albums that 7th Son has dropped down to 5th on my list. “Can I Play with Madness” was the first Maiden song I managed to (mostly) stumble thru on a guitar.....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son." Empty Re: 30 Years Ago Today Iron Maiden Released "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son."

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 am

Their greatest album imho.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:40 am

Fantastic album and definitely one of their best!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:41 am

"Somewhere in Time" has always been my favorite. I looked forward to this one when it was coming out, but felt underwhelmed. I think some of it got bogged down in the synths for me.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:52 pm

Not my personal favorite effort by Maiden, but very good nonetheless.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Good album, probably 4th or 5th fave of theirs. Pretty sure S.I.T. was the first to use keys though.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Only liked Madness, Evil that Men Do and Clairvoyant from this album...

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Fearless For The King Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:25 am

Seventh Son has always been favorite Maiden album.
Fearless For The King
Fearless For The King
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down