The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG NEWS.

+11
exo
metaldude
Staybrite
d@v!d
Andreas89
eatbugs
alldatndensum
Hardcore Christian
deathisgain
L8T
Kerrick
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BIG NEWS. Empty BIG NEWS.

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:04 pm

God willing, in about eight or so months, there is going to be an addition to the King household!  We discovered that my wife is pregnant!!!  We are absolutely thrilled.  We know how fragile childrens’ lives are this early in development and so please be praying for our little one’s health and protection from miscarriage, as well as my wife Veronika’s health as she carries new life inside of her.

Additionally, we’ve been becoming more and more resolute in our plans to move out of California due to cost of living, politics, and the like.  We’ve been honing in on Idaho and unless God’s got something else in mind, will most likely be moving there within the first half of 2018, pending finding a good job and church.  Adding a baby to the mix certainly complicates things some.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated through all of this!

We still have a lot of friends and family to tell, so for those of you with whom I’m friends on Facebook, PLEASE don’t mention anything there!

PM me for instructions on where to send us Iron Maiden themed baby onesies, bibs, pacifiers, etc.   Twisted Evil alien santa

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

BIG NEWS. Empty Re: BIG NEWS.

Post by L8T Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Congratulations and God Bless!!   Very Happy
L8T
L8T
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Congrats bro! I am both happy and excited for you two. Might I suggest the name "Robert" or "Roberta". I particularly like that name and it works both ways. Very Happy
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Dude, I forgot you guys are talking about Idaho!

What area? Coeur d'alene?

If so we will have to hang out sometime affraid

Will be praying for the baby and your wife. Praying for your family to have guidance to follow God's plan.
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:27 pm

Congratulations!!!!

Idaho?  Really?  Tennessee is the place to be!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 am

They make Iron Maiden pacifiers?

Congratulations!

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 am

CONGRATS! I'm very happy for you, I notice... I found myself bouncing on my chair.

I'm familiar with your kind of situation, I'll pray for you, your wife and the little prince(ss).

There's no baby stuff with power metal bands on it, so I won't bother.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Back to top Go down

Post by d@v!d Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:56 am

Kerrick wrote:Additionally, we’ve been becoming more and more resolute in our plans to move out of California due to cost of living, politics, and the like.  We’ve been honing in on Idaho and unless God’s got something else in mind, will most likely be moving there within the first half of 2018, pending finding a good job and church.
This is news to me, though not surprising. I totally understand why you'd feel the need to leave. Things are getting ever worse here. I have friends who have moved to Idaho and even Tennessee and have good reports. I do hope things turn around here though. It's sad seeing the good people leave.
d@v!d
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:35 pm

Thanks guys!  We're pretty dang excited!
Circle Dance 

deathisgain wrote:Congrats bro! I am both happy and excited for you two. Might I suggest the name "Robert" or "Roberta". I particularly like that name and it works both ways. Very Happy

That'd be a fine suggestion but I know a Robert and while he does like doom metal and is quite gifted artistically... I still have negative associations towards that name because the guy just refuses to make that doom metal album...

Hardcore Christian wrote:Dude, I forgot you guys are talking about Idaho!

What area? Coeur d'alene?

If so we will have to hang out sometime affraid

Will be praying for the baby and your wife. Praying for your family to have guidance to follow God's plan.

Thank you!  Actually yes, CDA is one of the areas we're looking at.  If we move there, we'll definitely hang out!  I appreciate your prayers.

d@v!d wrote:
Kerrick wrote:Additionally, we’ve been becoming more and more resolute in our plans to move out of California due to cost of living, politics, and the like.  We’ve been honing in on Idaho and unless God’s got something else in mind, will most likely be moving there within the first half of 2018, pending finding a good job and church.
This is news to me, though not surprising. I totally understand why you'd feel the need to leave. Things are getting ever worse here. I have friends who have moved to Idaho and even Tennessee and have good reports. I do hope things turn around here though. It's sad seeing the good people leave.

Yeah this has been my home for going on 31 years (i.e. the entirety of my life) but it's seeming like more and more the right thing for us.  I hope things turn around too but unless God makes it very clear that we're to stay, our minds are pretty made up.  The specific destination is still getting figured out, but we're fairly resolute on leaving here.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Staybrite Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:58 pm

Absolutely fantastic news!!!
Will be praying for all three of you.
Staybrite
Staybrite
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Let's start a betting pool on how long it is til Kerrick gives up metal. Very Happy Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:47 pm

deathisgain wrote:Let's start a betting pool on how long it is til Kerrick gives up metal. Very Happy Razz

Didn't stop me.   The carpool home from school got cultured in the Immortal Souls and Frost Like Ashes Christmas songs a few weeks ago.   Twisted Evil

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:24 pm

^Good man!  I've been indoctrinating my wife with metal since before we even were dating, and in more recent times, unknowingly doing so to our unborn child too!  Our little one has heard the Immortal Souls and Frost Like Ashes songs you mentioned, along with many other Christmas metal songs.  I've got a pretty epic playlist on my iPod haha (including material from some band named Warpriest too...).

santa Twisted Evil rendeer

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:58 pm

I can see it already...

BIG NEWS. 20171210
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:25 pm

lol!
I’m hoping our kid will take more after his/her mother’s looks and not so much mine…

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 pm

lol!
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Kerrick wrote:^Good man!  I've been indoctrinating my wife with metal since before we even were dating, and in more recent times, unknowingly doing so to our unborn child too!  Our little one has heard the Immortal Souls and Frost Like Ashes songs you mentioned, along with many other Christmas metal songs.  I've got a pretty epic playlist on my iPod haha (including material from some band named Warpriest too...).

santa Twisted Evil rendeer

Yes, his "We Three Kings" is on my playlist too.

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:16 am

Just saw this now, haven't had the mental capacity for much more than a cursory drive by over here since the Holiday season and it's associated work stresses kicked off.

I'm really glad I stopped by today and saw this though!

I am absolutely overjoyed for you and Veronika!  Wish I had some pithy words of wisdom, or a cool congratulatory speech for you....so I will give you the most heartfelt "congratulations" I can.  I love children (with 8 kids, I think that's sort of a "given", but I like to re-state it from time to time Wink ), mine give my life a whole lot of truly indescribable meaning, and I am simply overjoyed beyond words when I see people beginning this incredible journey called "parenthood".  You'll be an ace at it, I have no doubt in my mind.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:21 am

deathisgain wrote:Let's start a betting pool on how long it is til Kerrick gives up metal. Very Happy Razz

I've been married to the same amazing woman for 29 1/2 years.  She is still wishing I'd give up metal.  It ain't happened yet, folks!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:37 am

alldatndensum wrote:

I've been married to the same amazing woman for 29 1/2 years.  She is still wishing I'd give up metal.  It ain't happened yet, folks!
Shoot, mine stopped wishing, and just hopes I'll spare here ears front anything harder than 90's Aerosmith.....

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ImagoDei Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:50 am

Congrats to you and your wife! I am in a similar season, first year of fatherhood and we will be relocating as well within the first half of 2018 after I graduate from college in the spring. Those babies change your life for sure, but it’s all for the better!

ImagoDei
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:24 pm

I have given up on having kids.  We are both now 48 and I don't want to start the 2nd half of life with babies.  I will just have to say that the Lord didn't bless us with our own and take it at that knowing that not all of God's blessings are for everyone.  Where He hasn't blessed us, He may have blessed us somewhere else that others may not receive.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:41 pm

exo wrote:You'll be an ace at it, I have no doubt in my mind.

Will he be Aces High at it? Razz
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:44 pm

alldatndensum wrote:Where He hasn't blessed us, He may have blessed us somewhere else that others may not receive.  The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Peace of mind sir. Peace ... of ... mind. Very Happy
deathisgain
deathisgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:36 pm

Congrats, and get ready to have your world turned upside down.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next