The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

+19
Pro-Zak
oldschooldoom
heck
Friday13th
exo
alldatndensum
metaldude
Follower of Jesus
L8T
deathisgain
WildWorld
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
HeavyLighter
Black Rider
11razorwire
Athanasius
Nocturnal Servant
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

Post by WildWorld Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:23 pm

MikeInFla wrote:As much as I want this on CD it just isn't going to happen. Been to 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets, Best Buy and no dice. Looks like I'll have to download from iTunes. No wonder the Industry is dying ! Product isn't available for those of us that want to buy it.
Same here. Had to do the same thing for the new Alice Cooper as well. It's not like these are obscure or lesser-known bands, so why not carry product by them? Heck, Wal-Mart even had the newest Anthrax release, why not Cooper and Priest?

WildWorld
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 3 Empty Re: New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

Post by Pro-Zak Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:44 pm

I like it quite a bit, but not near as much as AoR, that to me was one of the all time best come back albums!  Rockin Loud
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:25 pm

WildWorld wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:As much as I want this on CD it just isn't going to happen. Been to 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets, Best Buy and no dice. Looks like I'll have to download from iTunes. No wonder the Industry is dying ! Product isn't available for those of us that want to buy it.
Same here. Had to do the same thing for the new Alice Cooper as well. It's not like these are obscure or lesser-known bands, so why not carry product by them? Heck, Wal-Mart even had the newest Anthrax release, why not Cooper and Priest?

A big part of that is that stores no longer want to take a risk on an artist that isn't charting top forty.  On the label end, there isn't a huge push of marketing to actually sell physical product anymore.  If the stores don't know it is out or the label isn't pushing it saying it will be huge, then it won't be in stores.  The retail end of music has forgotten that there are many of us who will still buy a CD or record.

I bet you could get the CD on Amazon.
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:34 am

Yeah, I almost ordered Firepower from Amazon but at the time I had already been to 3 different stores and decided I would just download from iTunes. I don't mind digital copies but I wish they came with pdf liner notes. I know some of them do. Dirty Dynamite by Krokus came with a download of the CD jacket when I downloaded it from iTunes. That was cool, I wish every download was like that.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by TheDoctor394 Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:10 pm

For years now I've been buying nearly all albums I want on ebay (being in Australia, that means mostly from overseas for me).  There are certainly plenty of copies of "Firepower" on offer from different ebay shops.
TheDoctor394
TheDoctor394
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:05 pm

I have never met a JP album I did not like.

Pretty cool thing happened to me in 2014 on my flight to AK.
The back of the headrest in front of me had an entertainment center.
There was about 50 albums to choose from. I couldn't believe the recently
released Redeemer of Souls was on the list. Glad I brought head phones!
That really made the long flight shorter and people staring at me enjoying the music.
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:15 pm

It’s been 4 months and this album still easily tops my 2018 list, and nothing else is even close. This is a phenomenal album and is now my favorite JP album.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:It’s been 4 months and this album still easily tops my 2018 list, and nothing else is even close. This is a phenomenal album and is now my favorite JP album.

This album has grown on me so much since it came out, I can't stop playing it. It's my #1 for 2018 so far as well and I doubt anything's gonna top it.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:53 am

NO SURRENDER is still my tune....sing it everybody!

Chasing a dream as I go higher
Playing it mean, my heart's on fire
Living my life, ain't no pretender
Ready to fight with no surrender

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:45 am

finally listened to this today.  is it just me or does it seem that there are a lot of Christian themes in this album.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:12 am

lhversaw wrote:finally listened to this today.  is it just me or does it seem that there are a lot of Christian themes in this album.

That's not uncommon for Halford's lyrics, post 2000 or so.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 pm

It’s been out for about 8 months now and still amazes me. When I want JP, this is now my go-to album. I don’t love every song, but the vast majority I do. The first four songs are just pure brilliance. Rising From Ruins had to grow on me but has become a favorite. Flamethrower is still awesome. Then come multiple standouts in Traitors Gate and No Surrender. This record just smokes. And as of November nothing else released this year even comes close.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:42 am

Follower of Jesus wrote: This record just smokes. And as of November nothing else released this year even comes close.

Couldn't agree more.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:51 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
lhversaw wrote:finally listened to this today.  is it just me or does it seem that there are a lot of Christian themes in this album.

That's not uncommon for Halford's lyrics, post 2000 or so.
has he by any chance become a Christian?
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:27 pm

Last I heard he claimed to have become a Christian but did not repent of homosexuality.  Naturally, lots of less-than-respectful online chatter about this occurred and Halford was angry at the Christians who didn't "accept" his choices.  Somewhere around that time I stopped even passively following it all.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by 11razorwire Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:57 pm

Back in June Rob stated that he wanted to work with members of the bands Ghost and Behemoth. These are two of the most openly satanic bands on the scene today. Not sure why a Christian would want to align with these guys.

As upsetting as this article is to me personally, it doesn't diminish the greatness of the modern-day masterpiece known as Firepower.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rob-halford-has-talked-about-collaborative-opportunities-with-behemoths-nergal-ghosts-tobias-forge/
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:22 pm

Just for grins and giggles, here is JP back in 1977 in Oakland

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 3 VQpMlUd
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by alldatndensum Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:28 am

I finally bought this and listened to it today.  This is killer!  Some bands lose their edge with time.  Not Judas Priest!  This shows that they still have it and are morphing as they go without losing who they are.  Had I heard this, it would have been in my top 5 for 2018.

Where are the Christian bands like this????
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:06 pm

alldatndensum wrote:I finally bought this and listened to it today.  This is killer!  Some bands lose their edge with time.  Not Judas Priest!  This shows that they still have it and are morphing as they go without losing who they are.  Had I heard this, it would have been in my top 5 for 2018
Finally got around to purchasing this one and completing my collection. Waiting is good as the price went down to $10 AUD.

Have to say I am really, really impressed. Did not think the Priest would issue an album this good ever again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pro-Zak Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Aside from Halford and Hill, there's not much of Priest left here...
Pro-Zak
Pro-Zak
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

Well Glenn Tipton did play on this album and Scott Travis has been their drummer since 1989. Only KK missing on this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:08 pm

They're done.

I just wish they hadn't ended like this.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:54 pm

It's better then how Ozzy is going to end.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtreads Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:29 am

Black Rider wrote:It's better then how Ozzy is going to end.

you mean like Ozzy and Elton - total cringe Suspect
bigtreads
bigtreads
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:31 am

Exactly.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next