The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

+19
Pro-Zak
oldschooldoom
heck
Friday13th
exo
alldatndensum
metaldude
Follower of Jesus
L8T
deathisgain
WildWorld
Superjuice
Temple of Blood
MikeInFla
HeavyLighter
Black Rider
11razorwire
Athanasius
Nocturnal Servant
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

Post by 11razorwire Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:04 pm

Sounds very promising.
11razorwire
11razorwire
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018

Post by alldatndensum Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Ok when listening to that new song I got a bit distracted and when Rob started singing I almost expected to hear Josh Kramer. Reminds me of a Hell Blade track.

Don't you hate when Judas Priest copies Saint's sound?  lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:24 am

I woke up today thinking it was release day... so disappointed.  Sad
metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:05 pm

Sounding good to me.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by metaldude Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

metaldude
metaldude
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Rider Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:09 pm

Great song, very Accept like in structure.
Black Rider
Black Rider
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:29 am

Love that song!
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:55 am

The more I hear of this, the more I think it’s going to be their best since Painkiller.  There are very few releases i’m Looking forward to more, and tomorrow can’t get here soon enough.

Frankly, IF the rumors about Glenn’s level of studio participation ARE true.....I’m completely OK with this lineup continuing to produce albums under the Judas Priest name, so Ian, Rob, and Scott want to and Glenn gives his blessing.

"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn’t have come here."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:31 am

I am NOT disappointed.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:58 am

Ya know, I will prob pick this up. And Exo I thought the same thing -- prob best since Painkiller. I haven't bought a Priest album since Painkiller was released. Kind of odd to think it was that long ago.

But I favor 70's Priest, my favorite being Stained Class and Sad Wings.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:08 am

MikeInFla wrote:Ya know, I will prob pick this up. And Exo I thought the same thing -- prob best since Painkiller. I haven't bought a Priest album since Painkiller was released. Kind of odd to think it was that long ago.

But I favor 70's Priest, my favorite being Stained Class and Sad Wings.

This is essentially a “Painkiller”-esque album with up to date modern production. Right now, understanding there’s a bit of fresh euphoria over hearing and album the first few times.....Painkiller is my #1 Priest album.....this is #2....Jugulator is #3, just so everyone understands how my tastes run....

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:32 pm

I don't think anything about this holds a candle to Painkiller.  Or even Angel of Retribution for that matter.  I never realized how valuable KK was until he was gone.  The songwriting has gone straight into the toilet.  These riffs and vocal hooks are so forgettable.

I don't think anyone would care about this release if it didn't say "Judas Priest" on the front.  It would be quickly forgotten.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Pleasantly surprised with Firepower. I didn't like Redeemer of Souls, which had maybe two or three good songs but a lot of cringe. This is solid throghout, with some standouts like "Evil Never Dies" and "Spectre" being some of their best modern tracks. I do think this slightly edges out Angel of Retribution as the best since Painkiller.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:42 pm

Redeemer of Souls left me cold, too, but I really like Firepower. The first four songs are incredible. I have to get to know this album a lot more, though. The lyrics to Necromancer are dark, and I mean DARK. I don’t like that one at all.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:14 pm

Follower of Jesus wrote:Redeemer of Souls left me cold, too, but I really like Firepower. The first four songs are incredible. I have to get to know this album a lot more, though. The lyrics to Necromancer are dark, and I mean DARK. I don’t like that one at all.

It's certainly about witchcraft. I don't think it's condoning it though, it's another cautionary, evil character tale like Ripper etc.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

New Judas Priest album "Firepower" coming in 2018 - Page 2 Empty Listened to Firepower 3 times through

Post by heck Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Way better than I expected. Strong material top to bottom makes me wish I’d gotten the vinyl due to no skippable songs. Album not in the same class as Screaming, Defenders or Painkiller but in my book is above all the rest. You hear elements of what makes JP compelling without all the drag or boring material in every other album since Painkiller. What’s interesting is the album is so consistent there is no stand out track. Yes the first few songs are great but as the record goes on you get hit with equally good gems in Traitors Gate and No Surrender. Reminded me of hearing Some Heads Are Gonna Roll 7 songs into Defenders...what a treat. Highly recommended for metal heads.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:32 pm

This album is just getting better and better the more I listen to it. There are a few skips for me (Necromancer, Children of the Sun, Rising From Ruins), but the rest of this record smokes! I agree with Heck; this album combines the hard metal of Painkiller and Defenders with the simple melodic structures of British Steel and Hell Bent For Leather. 

Favorite tracks would probably be: Firepower, Lightning Strikes, and Flame Thrower.

The band also gets kudos for some awesome song names!

Last edited by Follower of Jesus on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by heck Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:23 am

I love Flame Thrower too. But No Surrender is my jam! Super catchy chorus, simple tune, and a bit more acessible lyrics. The song could have easily fit within Screaming for Vengeance.

This album has so much lead melody....guitars playing the vocal melody sprinkled with a bit of counter melody. That was another attribute carried over from Painkiller, not just the drums, drive and post-apocalyptic themes.

heck
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:19 pm

I also love the solo fills all over the place. George Lynch is the best ever at that (check out Dokken’s Back for the Attack album). This album is chock full of solo fills and I really enjoy that. Also, they mix in high end screams from Rob in the background vocals at times that really adds power.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:34 pm

As much as I want this on CD it just isn't going to happen. Been to 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets, Best Buy and no dice. Looks like I'll have to download from iTunes. No wonder the Industry is dying ! Product isn't available for those of us that want to buy it.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by exo Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:18 pm

Had the same issue. Got off work at 6AM day of release, hit 2 different “supercenter” stores in town, neither had it in stock, walmart’s Website said the nearest location that had it in stock was 72 miles away, ended up on the 2nd store’s WiFi and downloaded from iTunes right then and there.

Last edited by exo on Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total

exo
exo
Wielder of the BanHammer
Wielder of the BanHammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Friday13th Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:12 am

I got mine at Barnes & Noble. Everywhere else seems to be getting rid of CDs.
Friday13th
Friday13th
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by oldschooldoom Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:21 am

I have spun it a couple times. Sounds great!
oldschooldoom
oldschooldoom
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:02 pm

This will likely be my album of the year. It’s become my favorite Priest record already.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:39 pm

Finally downloaded it from iTunes and have been listening to it ever since. Very good, I like it a lot. The last couple of songs are just OK to me but it's a good album to my ears. Just hate that I couldn't find it on CD. Some thing I don't mind digital files but this one I wanted liner notes and lyrics.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next