The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

+19
BearDad
Follower of Jesus
sentient 6
lhversaw
Kerrick
Staybrite
timekeeper
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Markus1987
New Creation
hellig
messiaen77
Hardcore Christian
Free777
deathisgain
Black Rider
eatbugs
arttieTHE1manparty
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:05 am

Tim Gaines died in a car accident in early 1986 (seems to be a bass player problem) and Stryper held a look-alike contest.  They have gone through several "Tim Gaines" over the years and the years between Tim's were filled by other musicians (Brad, Tracy).

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 3 Empty Re: Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

Post by alldatndensum Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:48 pm

eatbugs wrote:Tim Gaines died in a car accident in early 1986 (seems to be a bass player problem) and Stryper held a look-alike contest.  They have gone through several "Tim Gaines" over the years and the years between Tim's were filled by other musicians (Brad, Tracy).

I am just glad that it wasn't death by spontaneous combustion like the drummers in Spinal Tap.  That would have been more than a coincidence.  We would have needed to get Alex Jones to do a video rant!

lol!
alldatndensum
alldatndensum
Mullet Wig King

http://www.christianhardmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:00 pm

eatbugs wrote:Tim Gaines died in a car accident in early 1986 (seems to be a bass player problem) and Stryper held a look-alike contest.  They have gone through several "Tim Gaines" over the years and the years between Tim's were filled by other musicians (Brad, Tracy).

alldatndensum wrote:

I am just glad that it wasn't death by spontaneous combustion like the drummers in Spinal Tap.  That would have been more than a coincidence.  We would have needed to get Alex Jones to do a video rant!

lol!

I automatically thought Spinal Tap when I read that!
Hardcore Christian
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:58 pm

I was going for the Paul McCartney conspiracy thing. Wink

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:02 pm

deathisgain wrote:Maybe Tim has never really been in the band and is just a figment of our imagination. Or maybe like Nikki Sixx, he was replaced with a doppelganger and is living a quiet life as hermit in Arkansas. I would just like to add those into the other unsubstantiated ideas floating in this thread.

I was thinking with the shape of his face, that he might be a grey alien living amongst us. Just a tall one as they tend to be short.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:01 am

deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Athanasius Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:11 pm

Sounds like the split might be for best, for everyone involved.

I'm not as knowledgeable about Stryper as most of you - how important was Tim to the band, anyway?  Was he heavily involved in the songwriting?  How much impact is this likely to have on their music?
Athanasius
Athanasius
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:10 pm

Verbum Lux wrote:Sounds like the split might be for best, for everyone involved.

I'm not as knowledgeable about Stryper as most of you - how important was Tim to the band, anyway?  Was he heavily involved in the songwriting?  How much impact is this likely to have on their music?
In my opinion, no. He didn't play on THWTD and I don't think he played on In God We Trust. I believe it will have zero impact on them as they have already toured without him when Tracy Ferrie handled bass duties.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Temple of Blood Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Too much emotion and words have already been wasted on Tim IMHO.  Talk about an overrated musician.

I'm so glad he is relegated to obscurity now.
Temple of Blood
Temple of Blood
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

http://www.templeofblood.net

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:36 pm

I'm requesting a thread lock, yes, me! I don't think we can discuss this one any further.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bassdude Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Tim Gaines was one of my biggest influences as a beginner bassist back in the 80s, him and Michael Anthony from Van Halen.
I know he didn't do a lot of things in the studio, but I still thought of those parts as his.
bassdude
bassdude
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3