The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

+19
BearDad
Follower of Jesus
sentient 6
lhversaw
Kerrick
Staybrite
timekeeper
alldatndensum
MikeInFla
Markus1987
New Creation
hellig
messiaen77
Hardcore Christian
Free777
deathisgain
Black Rider
eatbugs
arttieTHE1manparty
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

Post by timekeeper Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:12 pm

Just having a discussion.  We don't have to agree on everything to be brothers, but perhaps this discussion belongs in another forum.
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper?

Post by Kerrick Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm not going to lock this thread (yet)... but I think it's going to be best if we follow Adam's lead here and cease discussing just what is the proper punishment for adultery and such.  If you want to start another thread, that's fine but keep it civil (as folks have been doing here).  Also, this thread is teetering on straight-up gossip of Tim which is no good either.  Let's be "above reproach" here.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by lhversaw Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:46 pm

I will only say LET HIM WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.
lhversaw
lhversaw
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:31 pm

I was hoping this thread would not get into discussions of Tim's personal life, though he has publicly announced his new marriage. Anything else is conjecture.

In view of no recent announcements from the Stryper camp I guess I'll just wait and see what happens with the lineup.

As an interesting aside most Biblical Scholars believe that John 7:53-8:11 is a later addition and was not in the original Gospel of John. Yet is a popular passage for preaching.

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:45 am

Erasmus wrote:
As an interesting aside most Biblical Scholars believe that John 7:53-8:11 is a later addition and was not in the original Gospel of John. Yet is a popular passage for preaching.

True. The earliest manuscripts do not contain that passage.

....for those who would like a little more info and direction to go for further investigation...

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:55 am

.....I'm sorry here is a fuller version ( not inspired by Muslim propaganda ).

sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by sentient 6 Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:57 am

......oh.....and carry on with the Christian metal gossip. Monkey Biz
sentient 6
sentient 6
Sacred Metal Prophet
Sacred Metal Prophet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 am

I'll now take it as a given that Tim is no longer a member of Stryper as he has been removed as a band member on the official Stryper website.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:46 am

Interesting, wonder who they will get. I don't think they will use Tracie, probably someone different. Or hopefully Tim will be back.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:49 am

Ok, so I asked a friend about it who is a huge fan. He said Tim was NOT kicked out but that his new wife doesn't want him to be in the band. She posted an offensive picture on FB (I'm not on FB so I don't have access to it but my friend sent a screenshot of it). Was completely uncalled for (not my friend sending it to me but her posting it).
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:28 am

Well I'm sorry he's gone. Stryper is not the same without him.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:10 am

timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by New Creation Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:57 pm

MikeInFla wrote:Ok, so I asked a friend about it who is a huge fan. He said Tim was NOT kicked out but that his new wife doesn't want him to be in the band. She posted an offensive picture on FB (I'm not on FB so I don't have access to it but my friend sent a screenshot of it). Was completely uncalled for (not my friend sending it to me but her posting it).

Here is the only publicly available photo on her Facebook page. She posted it yesterday afternoon. I have no idea who the singer is.

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 WngrDoP

A lot can happen in 8 days.

I'll state it again, I'll miss him if he's gone. Stryper is not the same without him.
New Creation
New Creation
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:04 pm

"Stryper is not the same without him."

I completely agree.  

I think that singer in the pic is Bret Kaiser (Madam X).
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by timekeeper Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:24 pm

A new post from Michael's FB page:

"I'm not here to judge anyone. I'm a sinner and I have my own issues to deal with. Although I may be opinionated and vocal, I always do my best to be honorable and respectful. I want ALL of you to know (fans and friends) how important you are to me.
It's not easy leading a band and it's especially not easy leading a ministry. We've been ministering to people for a very long time so yes, we are a ministry every bit as much as we are a rock band.
I spend a lot of time on Social Media to keep you all informed, to ask your opinions (they mean a lot!) and to include you in everything that I/we do. Why? Because as a fan myself and someone who has worked very hard to get to this point, I understand the importance of being there for you just as you've been there for me. We all love music and that's what brings us together but more importantly, I/we really want to make a difference in this world by sharing Gods love and message to the world with music.
It's never been about the drama nor will it ever be. I just want to make a difference and enjoy every moment of this short life that I have. I'm asking all fans to pray for the band and to put aside any hearsay and to rise above the negative and share and spread the positive.
I love you guys and I always will. Thank you all for your support and for standing with me/us for 33 years.
Onward and upward,"
Michael
timekeeper
timekeeper
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:47 pm

New Creation wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:Ok, so I asked a friend about it who is a huge fan. He said Tim was NOT kicked out but that his new wife doesn't want him to be in the band. She posted an offensive picture on FB (I'm not on FB so I don't have access to it but my friend sent a screenshot of it). Was completely uncalled for (not my friend sending it to me but her posting it).

Here is the only publicly available photo on her Facebook page. She posted it yesterday afternoon. I have no idea who the singer is.

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 WngrDoP

A lot can happen in 8 days.

I'll state it again, I'll miss him if he's gone. Stryper is not the same without him.

Well, the photo I saw posted by Brandee Gaines was a photo of the Jonestown massacre and said it was "actual footage of Stryper fans who drank the Kool-Aid". Looks like it was posted in the Timothy Gaines Fan Club.

Him being removed from the Stryper website speaks volumes.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Follower of Jesus Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:56 pm

I don't mean this to be offensive, but I don't think Stryper will miss a beat without Tim. That style of music requires a bass player that is competent. If they get a decent bassist no one will know the difference. This is not to disparage Tim. It's just that with Stryper's style the bass needs to be there but there's no flair in the bass work at all. It's why Tim could not record THWTD and IGWT and no one cared.
Follower of Jesus
Follower of Jesus
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BearDad Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 am

Follower of Jesus wrote:I don't mean this to be offensive, but I don't think Stryper will miss a beat without Tim. That style of music requires a bass player that is competent. If they get a decent bassist no one will know the difference. This is not to disparage Tim. It's just that with Stryper's style the bass needs to be there but there's no flair in the bass work at all. It's why Tim could not record THWTD and IGWT and no one cared.

You mean he wasn't on those releases!?  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Joe BK   Wink

BearDad
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by BearDad Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 am

Erasmus wrote:I'll now take it as a given that Tim is no longer a member of Stryper as he has been removed as a band member on the official Stryper website.

Hmm... I wonder if the band will accept suggestions for a replacement.

Choice #1 for me: Ronnie König of Signum Regis.

BearDad
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:24 pm

BearDad wrote:
Follower of Jesus wrote:I don't mean this to be offensive, but I don't think Stryper will miss a beat without Tim. That style of music requires a bass player that is competent. If they get a decent bassist no one will know the difference. This is not to disparage Tim. It's just that with Stryper's style the bass needs to be there but there's no flair in the bass work at all. It's why Tim could not record THWTD and IGWT and no one cared.

Joe BK   Wink

Nope, he didn't play on them. Brad Cobb played bass for those releases.
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by BearDad Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:27 pm

MikeInFla wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Joe BK   Wink

Sorry, Dude, but I think this meme is fitting here:

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 Jokeov11

Thus, my "Joe  BK" bit at the end. Wink

BearDad
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by jusma Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 am

Is he out? Is he still in the band? Why it's so difficult for Stryper to put out an official statement about Tim?
They need to write more books for us in the future, these are pretty interesting times
jusma
jusma
Finnish Metal Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:29 am

As FoJ, I respectfully think he wouldn't be so missed. I don't really understand all the buzz about it.
In regards to the band, they really should make an official announcement. I mean, is Tim deciding about quitting the band or not? Just say it.

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeInFla Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:34 am

BearDad wrote:
MikeInFla wrote:
BearDad wrote:

Joe BK   Wink

Sorry, Dude, but I think this meme is fitting here:

Tim Gaines - Is he out of Stryper? - Page 2 Jokeov11

Thus, my "Joe  BK" bit at the end. Wink
Yep! Flew right over my head lol!!  Laughing
MikeInFla
MikeInFla
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by deathisgain Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Maybe Tim has never really been in the band and is just a figment of our imagination. Or maybe like Nikki Sixx, he was replaced with a doppelganger and is living a quiet life as hermit in Arkansas. I would just like to add those into the other unsubstantiated ideas floating in this thread.
deathisgain
deathisgain
The Warpriest, bringer ov DOOM (finally)

https://www.facebook.com/deathisgain713

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next