The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2016 Your Favorite Albums Of This Year

+11
Athanasius
Professor_Valconian
Nyx74
My Awesome Timothy
eatbugs
Kerrick
metaldude
Black Rider
alldatndensum
Andreas89
Hardcore Christian
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2016 Your Favorite Albums Of This Year - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Your Favorite Albums Of This Year

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Blake wrote:I've seen Wovenhand mentioned but all I can find on them is some "alternative country" band with goth undertones called Wovenhand. Is there another wovenhand? And are they a Christianband? It seems some are not sure

I LOVE Wovenhand.  Nope, there's only one band with that name; you found the right one.  I've seen them labeled as "gothic americana," "alt-country," and others.  And yes they are definitely a Christian band - far more boldly proclaiming Christianity in their lyrics than most bands these days (even in the metal scene).

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

2016 Your Favorite Albums Of This Year - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 Your Favorite Albums Of This Year

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:51 pm

Blake wrote:Nobody mentioned the new Renascent?

I'm waiting for the physical release on it. I have a hard time listening to albums without a physical copy in hand with lyrics.

Back to top Go down

Post by eatbugs Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:08 pm

MK58 wrote:
I'm waiting for the physical release on it. I have a hard time listening to albums without a physical copy in hand with lyrics.

Me too.  Call me old school but I read inserts - lyrics, liner notes, thank you's.  There are plenty of albums I don't have because I'm waiting/hoping for CD release (and no, vinyl is useless to me so I pass on those too).

My tentative list:
Theocracy - Ghost Shop
Michael Sweet - One Sided War
Neal Morse - Similitude of a Dream
Disciple - Long Live the Rebels

The list may change with repeated listens and there are a few others I just haven't listened to enough yet to judge where they fall (S91 for instance).  Maybe now would be a good time to ask me about 2015? jocolor

eatbugs
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 pm

For Christmas I got Wytch Hazel's album Prelude and it's a good'un!  Definitely in my favorites list for this year.  I highly recommend.

(The lyrics, from what I've read so far, are very "Christian" though not all the members are Christian so I'm not sure if it should be counted in this list or not.)

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by TMLMKE Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Michael Sweet One Sided War
Skillet Unleashed
Disciple Long Live the Rebels

Rockin Loud
TMLMKE
TMLMKE
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by SpaceGuy Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:31 pm

FWIW, I did the massive poll the past 2 years for Christian Metal Realm and a few other Christian metal websites... I am just getting started on assembling the list of albums for the year if anyone wants to do it again this year.. I think last year, there were a few online radio stations that ended up publishing the list, too.

SpaceGuy
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2