Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:22 pm

I just stumbled upon these guys from hitting the random band button on the Metal Archives.  Upon reading a small sampling of their lyrics, they seem very overtly Christian.  And they're from Slovakia which is cool (because my wife is from there and we've spent time there together which has been awesome)!  I'm at work so I can't really listen to them but I'm listening ever-so-quietly and they sound decent.

https://ohen.bandcamp.com/releases



I dig their logo too:
(Though I'm unsure what the meaning behind the one inverted cross is?)

_________________
Job 3:2
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7488
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by d@v!d on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:10 pm

Nice logo. Still can't read it.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3510
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick on Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:25 pm

It's black metal: if anyone can read the logo, the artist is swiftly sacrificed and their blood drank.

_________________
Job 3:2
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7488
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:48 am

Black metal logos are so awesome. I even see them while I'm out walking.


avatar
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1624
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by ThomasEversole on Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:03 am

d@v!d wrote:Nice logo. Still can't read it.

Oh come on man, that's an easy one.



...but then again, I have level 47 discernment skills when it comes to black metal arts.

For instance, my TV was going through random black metal albums. I leave the room, come back and see this on my TV.



...the FIRST thing I said to myself.
"Wait, does that say "Coldworld"? Do they have a new album out?"
avatar
ThomasEversole
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 1624
Join date : 2013-03-19
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by d@v!d on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:03 pm

Kerrick wrote:It's black metal: if anyone can read the logo, the artist is swiftly sacrificed and their blood drank.
No doubt. It's just that this wasn't the typical spiderweb lightening stuff and yet the letter were well hidden.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3510
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by d@v!d on Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:07 pm

ThomasEversole wrote:
d@v!d wrote:Nice logo. Still can't read it.

Oh come on man, that's an easy one.
Of course I could read it once you tell me the name and sure even if you didn't I prolly could have guessed it but not without spending an inordinate amount of time which is at the true heart of my complaint.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3510
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by New Creation on Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:54 pm

That looks a lot like the crescent moon from Islam on the left side but I don't see the five pointed star that usually accompanies it, so it might just be a coincidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_and_crescent (see red one)
avatar
New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Posts : 981
Join date : 2016-04-19
Age : 43
Location : On top of the heavens

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Hardcore Christian on Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Kerrick wrote:I dig their logo too:
(Though I'm unsure what the meaning behind the one inverted cross is?)
I dont actually see the inverted cross? Can someone point it out? tongue
d@v!d wrote:Nice logo. Still can't read it.
I couldnt either until Thomas pointed it out lol
Kerrick wrote:It's black metal: if anyone can read the logo, the artist is swiftly sacrificed and their blood drank.
Razz
New Creation wrote:That looks a lot like the crescent moon from Islam on the left side but I don't see the five pointed star that usually accompanies it, so it might just be a coincidence.
There is quite a lot to process hidden in the logo
avatar
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3737
Join date : 2013-07-31
Age : 17
Location : Spokane, WA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:50 pm

I was cranking this album on my way to work this morning.  Something I really love about it is how varied it is.  Overall I'd call it symphonic black metal, but it ranges from pretty dark and sinister sounding black metal to more folky to ambient to rock and more... and yet it never loses its cohesiveness.  Rather than conveying just one emotion or atmosphere, it really takes the listener on a journey.  Good stuff.  Cool

_________________
Job 3:2
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7488
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by d@v!d on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:08 pm

Kerrick wrote:I was cranking this album on my way to work this morning.  Something I really love about it is how varied it is.  Overall I'd call it symphonic black metal, but it ranges from pretty dark and sinister sounding black metal to more folky to ambient to rock and more... and yet it never loses its cohesiveness.  Rather than conveying just one emotion or atmosphere, it really takes the listener on a journey.  Good stuff.  Cool
What was that music you had playing on Saturday? I heard a band in a language I don't know playing something like power metal. I liked it.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3510
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:14 pm

Wasn't Ohen, but it was probably another Slovak band called Sexit.  I had made a playlist of my upbeat, not (extreme) metal stuff for Saturday's party and most of it was Sexit.  I actually made a thread for them a while ago here:
http://thecmr.forumotion.com/t8574-sexit-slovak-classic-heavy-metal?highlight=sexit
I'll try to post some more songs from them there so you can hear.  Right now they're one of my favorite bands actually.

_________________
Job 3:2
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7488
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by d@v!d on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:29 pm

Kerrick wrote:Wasn't Ohen, but it was probably another Slovak band called Sexit.  I had made a playlist of my upbeat, not (extreme) metal stuff for Saturday's party and most of it was Sexit.  I actually made a thread for them a while ago here:
http://thecmr.forumotion.com/t8574-sexit-slovak-classic-heavy-metal?highlight=sexit
I'll try to post some more songs from them there so you can hear.  Right now they're one of my favorite bands actually.
I think that's it.
avatar
d@v!d
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Posts : 3510
Join date : 2012-02-02
Location : Visiting

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:37 pm

Thumbs up

_________________
Job 3:2
avatar
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Posts : 7488
Join date : 2012-06-26
Age : 30
Location : Santa Cruz, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Ohen (symphonic black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum