The Christian Metal Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia)

4 posters

Go down

Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia) Empty Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Kerrick Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:14 pm

I recently stumbled upon these guys on FB and am very impressed.  They're not a Christian band but at least one of the members is a believer.  Their lyrics are supposedly about medieval themes, folk/fantasy tales, etc. - so as far as I can tell, they'd be in the "safe secular" category for most here.  I'm going to see if my in-laws in Slovakia can hook me up with a CD...  Smile

Tyrant
Tyrant

Andreas89, scottmitchell74 and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia) Empty Re: Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia)

Post by Sevenoneself Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:10 pm

I like it!!
Sevenoneself
Sevenoneself
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia) Empty Re: Warna (epic/folk black metal from Slovakia)

Post by scottmitchell74 Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:51 pm

Whoa!!
This is incredible!
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:41 am

I love epic folk metal, interesting sub-subgenre. Some bands approach it from the melodic death metal angle, other bands like this one do so from a black metal angle. I love both, as long as they contain clean male vocals, like in this case.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Kerrick and Sevenoneself like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:20 pm

I'm glad you guys like 'em!  Here's their FB page for anyone interested:
https://www.facebook.com/warna.metalband/

Tyrant
Tyrant

Andreas89 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:22 pm

The album was released Friday.  I ordered my CD from the band and can't wait until it arrives!  In the meantime, here's another song:

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreas89 Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:46 pm

I listened to that song today already. I'm not in the right mood today to enjoy this kind of music, so I'll give a verdict later.
Andreas89
Andreas89
Resident Power Metal Aficionado

Kerrick likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:06 pm

Right on; I'll be curious to hear your thoughts!

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:52 pm

My CD arrived [finally] a few days ago and I've been really enjoying it.  I recommend!  The whole album is very solid all the way through, without any weak tracks.

For those interested, the lyrics are all in Slovak but my wife was kind enough to translate them for me.  I'd categorize them as "safe secular" but are stories of dreams, folklore, battles, and fantasy which some might be sensitive towards.  There's one song where the protagonist is being harassed by the devil and shoes him away.  Satan is obviously the bad guy but there's likewise no reference to God.  One other song is about a castle under siege and the queen prays to her "gods" for deliverance.  A storm then comes and confuses the enemy who then loses the battle.  Otherwise they're all pretty benign.

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:00 pm

I uploaded lyrics with English translations from the band to the Metal Archives in case anyone's interested:

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Warna/Castellum/1103264

Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down