FREE CD RAFFLE! (Ohen - Mortal Man, black metal)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FREE CD RAFFLE! (Ohen - Mortal Man, black metal)

Post by Kerrick on Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Alright friends!  I just received my copy of Ohen's album entitled Mortal Man (and a rad shirt) and was given two extra CDs to give away.  I will be raffling the other copy over at The Blackest Light.  (Feel free to enter in both raffles to double your chances, but nobody can win twice.)  In about a week I'll number each post and use an online random number generator to pick the winner.

I had bought Ohen's album on Bandcamp so I got the digital version immediately and have been cranking it tons since.  If you didn't see my other thread about them, I'd describe them as symphonic black metal but they don't stick to just one narrow sound: the album takes you on quite a journey through a broad range of styles and emotions.  In addition to black metal, it's got elements of folk, rock, doom, and more.  Here are a couple of their songs:

ALRIGHT, onto the rules.

1. ONE entry (post) per person, though as I said, you can enter both forums' raffles.

2. Since Ohen is from Slovakia - where my wife is originally from - we'll make it a little fun.  So in your post, tell me something cool, interesting, unique... about Slovakia.  You could even just google-image search "Slovakia" and post a picture of a place there you'd like to go (the High Tatras mountains might be a good place to start...).

3. Free shipping within the US.  Rather than hassling you for a couple bucks, I'll take care of the shipping.  But if you're outside of the US, I'll ask you to pay for shipping (but I'll cover the packaging costs) because it's a bit pricier.  In that case I'll mail it and PM you the receipt with costs.  You can just paypal me over the $$$ whenever.

4. Please like their Facebook page!  As you know, these days it's all about the "likes" which can be really helpful and encouraging to bands.

5. As always, good luck!  (Hahaha I love it when people say "good luck" in a raffle, as if everyone can be winners or something).

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Re: FREE CD RAFFLE! (Ohen - Mortal Man, black metal)

Post by New Creation on Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:57 pm

Here is my entry! (and thanks Kerrick for the contest!)

The Slovak national anthem is pretty metal!

There is lightning over the Tatras
Thunders loudly sound
Let us stop them, brothers
After all they will disappear
The Slovaks will revive

That Slovakia of ours
Had been sleeping by now
But the thunder's lightnings
Are rousing the land
to wake it up

Slovakia is already rising
Tearing off Her shackles
Hey, dear family
The hour has struck
Mother Glory is alive

Firs are still growing
On the slopes of Kriváň
Who feels to be a Slovak
Let him take a sabre
And stand among us

New Creation
Metal Warrior
Metal Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by KaiHeiJinshu on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:26 pm

The 5th Special Forces Regiment of the Slovak armed forces regularly trains with Green Berets from the US Army's 10th Special Forces Group.
KaiHeiJinshu
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardcore Christian on Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:33 pm

I always could use some more Black Metal in my collection, thanks so much for the chance at free stuff Kerrick!

Cool fact about Slovakia: it is home to the one and only masters of metal Signum Regis   Thumbs up 

(Maybe Kerrick will pick me now muahahaha Suspect )

Either way congrats to whoever wins!
Hardcore Christian
Holy Unblack Knight
Holy Unblack Knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth on Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks for the opportunity to win. 

Interesting fact; Iron maiden toured Slovakia this year and played on the July 6th, as part of The Book Of Souls World Tour.
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Noods on Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:31 pm

They sound great. Did you know 47 other words can be made from the letters in
Slovakia?
Noods
Seasoned Guardian
Seasoned Guardian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:15 pm

And the winner is..............................

WINNER:
Mephibosheth!!!

Check your PM's and we'll figure out how to get you your CD.  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been!

Through The Dark Radio wrote:Yep, he's so mean, he grimaces whenever he isn't listening to DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! Twisted Evil
Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:51 pm

Your CD is in the mail!  I'll PM you the tracking number.  Smile

Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephibosheth on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Many thanks. These guys sound good and also seem to have a strong faith so I'm stoked to win this.
Mephibosheth
mallcore n00b
mallcore n00b

Back to top Go down

Post by Kerrick on Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:03 pm

Right on!  Turns out I'm apparently the first person in the US to have a shirt of theirs.  They asked if I could send them a picture of me wearing it so I sent them this haha:

Kerrick
Tyrant
Tyrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum